• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

evil solrac v3.0 said:
yankees arent in trouble. please understand that. they are seven up on the red sox who have curt- im a level 51 monk in everquest- schilling and shaggy martinez. and besides, this is baseball. the best teams lose 60 games a year. but their pitching can be better,or more consistent. vazques needs to straighten himself out. and mussina. and brown needs to back. then we'll see how far this team can go. oh, we need to execute heredia or smack around joe torre for being so in love with this guy. i dont see the talent at all.

hahaha

I believe Curt has a level 96 fastball...

Desperado

Haha, how does it feel? suck, doesn't it? =/

YEAH 3 run 1st inning...Viz with a HR?!? AE with a sac fly...They're finally starting to give O some run support.

Meier

Jayson Werth is 16/51 this year for the Dodgers.. with 5 HRs. Woo! Haha, Jason Grabowski just went yard too, he's got 28 hits this year of which 6 are HRs. Our 6, 7 and 8 guys all hitting homers in the same game.. what is this, the Yankees in Dodgers outfits?!

Desperado

Oh just realized we play your Dodgers next...I won't wish you good luck because you probably won't need it. =/ lol...Duckworth pitches tomorrow...ugh. have fun.

Desperado

Lamb has done nothing tonight. He looks horrible at the plate. Jimy, Ensberg hit 3 HRs in 3 games in the Rangers series....he deserves to be in the lineup.

Meier

Dodgers sweep the Dbacks for the first time since 2000.. Ishii with his second shutout of the year and first 1-hitter of his career, woo! Only walked 1 too which is particularly impressive for him. God damn I wish we werent so streaky and were consistently good instead. :|

Desperado

I wish we weren't so slumpy and were consistently good instead. :| lol Lidge is freakin awesome 1 2/3 innings, 4K's. HOT DAMN ASTROS WIN!

Joe

make that 8!

javier vazquez will take tim hudson's spot on the all-star roster.

the team is 1/3 yankees.

Joe said:
make that 8!

javier vazquez will take tim hudson's spot on the all-star roster.

the team is 1/3 yankees.

i dont think jason should go. but who gives a damn about these games anymore? seiously? maybe derek should rest up too.

Thaedolus

Matsui should not be there
Giambi should not be there
Vazqeuz is there because Hudson's hurt
Jeter should not be there

So if we start talking LEGIT Yankee All-Stars...

Thaedolus

evil solrac v3.0 said:
matsui was voted there.

So were the rest of them, aside from Vasquez.

Joe, your attempts to piss me off by acting like a prototypical bandwagon fan won't work, I've dealt with enough over the years to not let it get to me. I don't get mad when Braves fans say that about their team, when Cowboys fans say it about their team or Lakers fans say it about their team. Every sport has their black sheep fans, you just laugh at them and keep rooting for your team like a true fan.

Thaedolus said:

Joe, your attempts to piss me off by acting like a prototypical bandwagon fan won't work, I've dealt with enough over the years to not let it get to me. I don't get mad when Braves fans say that about their team, when Cowboys fans say it about their team or Lakers fans say it about their team. Every sport has their black sheep fans, you just laugh at them and keep rooting for your team like a true fan.

better question is, why do you care who gets into the all-star game? are you gonna watch with such fervor that you'll burts a blood vessel if none of your gusy get in? honestly, it's a feraking all-satr game. WHO CARES.

Joe

Thaedolus said:

i'd be bitter too if my team couldnt win a playoff series.

Fifty

You've really got to stop pissing people off. Be known as a rare classy Yankees fan, it'll get you far.

Jays are up on the M's yet again...Phelps with a 3 RBI triple. He's on a tear the last few games. 7 RBIs last night, 3 and counting tonight.

Fifty

Thinking of going to the July 24th blockbuster of a game....the "Battle for third place" between the D Rays and the Jays? Well now you've got a new reason to go....Not like you needed one!

ph_babushka_280x233.jpg

Yes, it's Toronto Blue Jays Babooshkah Doll Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifty

Then it's a collector's item :(

The second player is Orlando "O Dog" Hudson. I'm not sure why....It should be Wells. You're right about Hinske though. Man, you Yankees get too much exposure. I'd never have trouble recognizing a Yankee Babooshkah Doll!

Joe

sheffield is gonna beat someones ass if he keeps getting plunked. i swear you can see smoke coming out of his nose.

Joe

you left out 2 favorites, giambi and ortiz.

it'll probably come down to those 2 and thome. it would be something if griffey won it though.

beerbelly

Banned
I didn't think the Jays could finish off tonight. Down to the ninth inning, Phelps strikes out - 2 left to go. I change the channel thinking they won't have a chance being down by 2 with 2 outs left. I watch TLC's Urban Legends Revealed for a bit and go back; Berg already hit a homer, some other dude was on first base and Hudson strikes out. One out left, down by 1 and I REALLY didn't think they could pull this one off unlike many times last year. I change back to TLC and when the commercials hit I go back to the Jays and I see Delgado running to home plate. He hit a 3-run homer to win the game :) Damn I love the bluejays.

Thaedolus

Joe said:
i'd be bitter too if my team couldnt win a playoff series.

Well that's funny, last time I checked the A's have won their fair share, of world titles. Try 4 since moving to Oakland, and 9 all time, making them second only to your Wankees. Meh, I'm not terribly bitter.

Dez

Fifty said:

Jayson Werth has been on a tear in Los Angeles.. Didn't think he had it in him after a terrible year at AAA in '03.. We could certainly use him now with Wells and Cat out of the lineup.. I still think the Jays made a good deal though - they got Jason Frasor in return who has done well in the closers role (though I doubt he has the stuff to stay the closer in the long term)..

Miguel

There are WAY too many fucking left handers in the HR Derby this year. YOU'VE GOT A FUCKING 315 FOOT WALL TO LEFT FIELD! PUT IN SOME FUCKING RIGHTIES! >:O!

Sosa is gonna be the only one jacking it over the railroad tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom