• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ninja Scooter said:
Calling Ken Griffey Jr. getting hurt is like calling that jenna jameson is gonna have sex.

I like watching both.

Desperado said:
Moron. The Astros are closer to passing Cinci than they are to being passed by the Pirates. The Reds don't have a chance anyway. The only teams with playoff hopes in the NL Central are the Cards, Cubs, and Astros. Reds were playing way over their heads in the first half...They'll be back to scuffling around with the Brewers by the end of the season.

Uh, with the standings you posted, the Astros are behind the Reds and infront of the Pirates. Thus "fighting off the Pirates", moron. I didn't say anything about how close or far away they were. As for the rest of your post:

sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

You Assstro's fans have been saying that all year. I'm tired of it. Get lost.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

Guess what everyone..as of now all of our teams suck except for the Cards.

We all need to stop talking shit about our teams till they actually start playing better,its fucking pointless.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Matrix said:
Guess what everyone..as of now all of our teams suck except for the Cards.

We all need to stop talking shit about our teams till they actually start playing better,its fucking pointless.

not so much my chi sox though =D
won 3 in a row after that 5 game skid, and we're only a half game back.

Matrix

True,your team is solid :)

I'm talking to all of us NL Central division whores.

Matrix

Woot Beltran has taken Griffeys spot in the all-star game :D

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
BAM. Garcia with the win and 7 ks in under 7 innings, we sweep the Mariners, and move into first place all alone. See ya later Minnesota.

Matrix

Astros down 2-0 and Beltran just hit a 2 run HR to tie it....one clutch hitter on this team and if we fall further down we will most likely get rid of him :( :( :( :(

Amazing stat, Brewers closer Dan Kolb had not given up an extra base hit in 33 innings pitched on the year. Of course the announcers jinxed him because he gave up his first two homers of the year back to back but I couldn't believe it. The guy was released by the Rangers last year for god sakes!

Reds outfielder Willie Mo Pena is going to be a beast in a couple years. The kid has been in the majors the last two season because of his contract while he should have been in AA playing everday and has had to learn the ropes in limited ABs. Now that he is playing because everyone hurt he's showing why he was so highly touted. Hit two homers today. A couple weeks ago in Cleveland he hit a ball foul that the Indians announcers said was the farthest they've ever seen a ball hit there.

If the Reds can find a taker for Griffey and his contract they'd have a very cheap and good outfield in Kearns, Dunn, and Pena for years.

Matrix

Weathers fucking sucks. Worst trade in years - Doggy for this bum.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH he comes in with the stros down 3-2 and gives up a grand slam bhwahhahahahahahaha 7-2 Dodgers

This is so sad..Lima shuts down everyone but Beltran and Roy-o pitchs pretty damn good on only 3 days of rest and the rest of them cant hit for shit and this bullpen is the saddest shit I have even seen(except Lidge)

BHWHAAHHAHAHAHA BHWHAHAHAHA and now Adam E hits a 2run homer in the 9th...fucking figures.

How did Beltran get picked over Dunn? Not only is Beltran a 16 day vet to the NL he has lower OPS and HRs. And he's 2 years older, DUNNS THE YOUNGER STUD! Not to mention Dunn could take Griffey's spot in the derby and put on a show.

Flizzzipper said:
How did Beltran get picked over Dunn? Not only is Beltran a 16 day vet to the NL he has lower OPS and HRs. And he's 2 years older, DUNNS THE YOUNGER STUD! Not to mention Dunn could take Griffey's spot in the derby and put on a show.

Because it's in Houston. The MLB All-Star game is the biggest farce out there. What a joke it's become. Anyway:

ROFL @ YET ANOTHER ASTROS LOSS. Officially at .500, now. How terribly fucking pathetic. That team makes me sick.

Scoobert

It's because McKeon and the Marlins wants to check him out one more time so they can try and trade for him. ;) Although he makes WAY too much money.

The Cubs are finally showing some life here, but for GOD's SAKES DON"T LET THE CARDINALS WIN THE CENTRAL DIVISION!!! If Prior and Wood can't stop having pitch counts over a hundred every time the fifth inning comes around, and Baker doesn't stop fucking up matchups and everyone doesn't get healthy, GO ASTROS, REDS, and BREWERS!!!! Damn the redbirds to hell.

Triumph

Banned
Ladies and Gentlemen, I never thought I'd say this during the course of this season, but your Atlanta Braves are BACK in contention in the National League Least.

Go Bravos!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Scoobert said:
Koch...faced 5 batters, struck out 4! If he plays like this again Wayne Rosenthal is officially the best pitching coach, ever!

He has his flashes of excellence. Then he walks two batters and gives up a home run. Don't buy it for a second. there was a period where he got us like 4 saves in a row. but it won't last. guaranteed.

Scoobert

The last few games Koch has been pitching pretty decent. Yesterday was the first time he brought in as a setup guy for the closer. He's only been in games when the Marlins were losing, until yesterday. Hopefully he'll be a nice setup man for Benitez. Either way, I'm still crossing my fingers every time he takes the mound.

Mrbob

All right feeling good going into the All Star Break. The win in St. Louis was big for a couple reasons:

1) We got Kerry Wood back and he looks in tip top shape. He looked like he lost some weight. He was on with his curveball which means he is gonna be ultra deadly

2) We couldn't fall back any further than we have been in the division.

3) The game last night was a statement game. St. Louis is probably feeling very well, and deservedly so, but with our ace back last night it fired up the team and we slapped around the Cards.

I listened to one of the Cardinals beat writers on the Chicago radio station this morning. He mentioned how the Cards are happy they only have two games with the Cubs left. He knows, and the Cards know, that the Cubbies are close to getting healthy and the Cards expect the Cubs to make a huge run in the 2nd half. So do I. Once we get Ramirez and Hollandsworth back we should be sitting pretty well. Here a couple 2nd half predictions:

1) The cards are gonna fall into a big slump. They have been playing over their heads the entire year. Especially that pitching staff. If Rolen keeps on having the problems he is having and they get worse the cards will be in big trouble. They still have a big enough lead where they should win the wild card. Which leads me to my next point...

2) The Cubs are going to win the Central Division. Sometime after the all star break, I have a feeling the Cubs are going to go on a huge tear. Maybe a week. Maybe two. Maybe right after. They will have streak where they win close to 18 out of 20 games. Then they'll be back in the division and pull away in September! World Series trophy in 2004, I await thee!

3) Jimmy Willaims is going to get fired from the Astros. But not before he has permanently damaged the team for the year. I foresee them doing well enough to not trade Beltran by the trading deadline, and then tanking so they get no value out of him as he jumps ship (TO THE CUBS PLEEASE) after the year is over.

4) Reds have been overachieving as well. They have too many injuries and their staff isn't good enough to sustain a winning record all year. They will finish with about 75 wins.

5) The Milwaukee Brewers have been playing great ball all year, and I predict they will continue to do so throughout the rest of the season. They have a great chance to finish near or just over .500, which would be a great improvement for this team. I see them finishing 3rd this year in the division.

6) The Pirates are just bad. They will stay bad too since the division is too competitive for them to get any breathing room. They will be battling Houston and Cincy for the cellar dweller title.

Matrix

"2) The Cubs are going to win the Central Division. Sometime after the all star break, I have a feeling the Cubs are going to go on a huge tear. Maybe a week. Maybe two. Maybe right after. They will have streak where they win close to 18 out of 20 games. Then they'll be back in the division and pull away in September! World Series trophy in 2004, I await thee!"

F-ing nutty Cub fans...you get one win against the Cards and now the division is yours LMAO!

The Cubs and Stros wont win shit this year.

The Brewers have a pathetic offense. The Reds without Griffey, Casey, or Kearns went up there and took 3/4. No way they finish ahead of the Reds unless the Reds trade everyone off like last season.

How is winning the finale of a series to avoid getting swept a statement? A statement would have been actually winning the series.

Boomer

4) Reds have been overachieving as well. They have too many injuries and their staff isn't good enough to sustain a winning record all year. They will finish with about 75 wins.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get real buddy.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I called the Cards winning that division after 40 some games when they were in second. I kick ass.

Cubs may get the wild card, but not the division.
All it takes is Wood or even Prior to reaggravate their injury and it's over. You know within 3 weeks Dusty will be back to overworking all his starters. Within 4 more starts he'll have Wood throwing 130 pitches.

Matrix

Just want you people to know that not all of us Texans like this country music shit :(

Matrix

Woot Berk hit 7 :D

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
My brother went to the Celebrity Game last night, the Homerun Derby tonight and the All Star Game tomorrow. I could have gone, DAMN WORK!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I like how they're talking to all these old timers instead of calling the home runs. Palmiero gets more than anyone, while Berman and Morgan just sit there talking to Mr. "I give you a headache when I talk" Frank Robinson.

Shut up and call the home runs. You wanna talk with Bonds, fine. But don't talk meaningless crap every single time someone is hitting. Jesus.

Fifty

Yeah, exactly. I know these guys were great players, but we're not sitting with them on their porch, we're watching the current players play.

Mrbob

HOly crap!

Watching the second round. Berkman is jacking the heck out of these balls! Out of the stadium how many times?!?! His bat is corked! :D

Mrbob

Did you see that kid who tried to catch Barrys flyball on the hill? He almsot got drilled in the face! That hill is a danger zone!

Matrix

Tejada is boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom