• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashing

Meh, it's just that they are all slumping (tell me me a player who doesn't have a slump at some point in the season and I'd call you a liar) at the same time.

And it doesn't help that Lamb is at a funeral for 3 days... he's read hot and Viz is smoking (I've always loved his swing... very graceful). The hitting will get better and the pitching is holding up fine.

Lidge is the best reliever in baseball... what a stud

Miguel

Fifty said:
I like the Yahoo game notes. Think they're panicking after Everett got hurt?

"HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERITT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE AT AN APPARENT LEFT LEG INJURY.
HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE AT AN APPARENT LEFT LEG INJURY.
HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE TO A STRAINED LEFT HAMSTRING."

That injury did us in. Everett is the life and blood of this team. I <3 Adam.

I was at the game today. Got myself a drawstring bag, and a Berkman poster. and the stench of defeat. I fucking hate Houston's bandwagon fans. Stadium was halfempty by the 7th inning stretch. THERE WAS A FUCKING CHANT OF "LET'S GO CUBBIES" In the 8th. I tried to rile up the section I was in to no avail. I swear sometimes I wish you had to take a test to be able to buy Tickets. Or at least prove your fandomness.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats horrid Mig :(

Take a pic of the poster and bag :p

Desperado

Miguel said:
That injury did us in. Everett is the life and blood of this team. I <3 Adam.

I was at the game today. Got myself a drawstring bag, and a Berkman poster. and the stench of defeat. I fucking hate Houston's bandwagon fans. Stadium was halfempty by the 7th inning stretch. THERE WAS A FUCKING CHANT OF "LET'S GO CUBBIES" In the 8th. I tried to rile up the section I was in to no avail. I swear sometimes I wish you had to take a test to be able to buy Tickets. Or at least prove your fandomness.

When Everett leaves the game, what do you hear from the crowd?? NOTHING. No cheers, no applause, no support for the player who leads all SS's in the NL All-Star vote. Face it, Houston's fans suck. Whether it's baseball, basketball, or anything other than NFL.

When Everett leaves the game, what do you hear from the crowd?? NOTHING. No cheers, no applause, no support for the player who leads all SS's in the NL All-Star vote. Face it, Houston's fans suck. Whether it's baseball, basketball, or anything other than NFL.

Don't despair, at least you guys can still afford to go to Minutemaid Park. Damn yuppies have driven bleachers' ticket over $50 for most games. If my cousin wasn't a ticket broker or there was no standing room 'seats' I could never go to a game.

Fifty

Sell it on ebay! If it's legal you'll be able to make tons :p

Edit: Joe...No, but they've been giving them out to blogger users and by other means.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
HalfPastNoon said:
Houston, in general, is pretty shitty.

The fans take on the personality of the team. Go to a Texans game and the fans are rowdy as fuck. The next time Jeff Bagwell does as much as a fist pump after a big play will be the first time. Astros crowds get a rep for being quiet, but it is a two way street. The product on the field is boring even if they hit 3 HRs in an inning. The last Astro we had that got hyped was Carl Everett. Lance Berkman started out that way, but he fell under the Astros veil of silence.

Joe

the yankees have hit into 2 double plays so far (almost 3 if it wasnt for an error) and just stranded a leadoff triple.

:head explodes:

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nice friggin error Berkman and nice job of pitching to Arabumus Dotel *sigh*

Matrix

mad.gif

Fifty

Desperado said:
That's the least of our problems.

It's good to start at the bottom.... :p

I know a thing or two about bad closers. My two favourite teams are the Jays and the D Backs. Lidge should be your closer. Maybe he will after tonight?

That hill is great, in MVP 2004 I hit a ball so hard that it rolled up the hill and popped up in the air so I had an easy inside the park homer

Matrix

What a joke of a game...poor Miller and his wasted effort.

I think its time to start rooting for the Cubs again :p

Fifty

BigJonsson said:
That hill is great, in MVP 2004 I hit a ball so hard that it rolled up the hill and popped up in the air so I had an easy inside the park homer

Don't get me started on that hill in MVP. It's twenty times worse. I play against Matrix and the ball just crawls once it gets onto that hill. Combine that with 1 MPH outfielders and every hit is at least a triple near that baby.

Matrix

lmao :D

Fifty,im going to go online now......FEAR THE HILL!

Joe

one of the yankees top scouts was at the mariners game last night checking out garcia. yanks, mets, dodgers are the rumored frontrunners.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
fucking, the Sox have been after him for a month and a half. And Garcia and Guillen are good friends. I know we're not gonna get him though.

why does everyone care so fricking much about garcia? like he's the missing link to a world series or something.... it's the same shit every year.......

Matrix

Its time to channel the old school Astros karma!

Matrix

I'm going way backkkkkkk :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom