• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
lol...sox try to bring up another minor leaguer to fill the role of the 5th starter. he gives up 10 runs in the first two innings.

sigh. where's freddy garcia?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck...is old age hitting Roger all the sudden ? :(

Joe

will a mod please change the name of this thread to "The 2004 shortcomings of the Astro's and Cub's"

thanks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can someone please change the thread title to "how to buy a championship aka Learn from the Yankees"

Matrix

Yea,but no one does it as much as your Bronx Bombers.

Desperado

Like...never?? Kent's foul tip out was a lame way to end the rally...blah.

Baggy with a double! Maybe they should shoot him up more often...;-) lol

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Top 9th B:2 S: 1 O: 2
With Adam Kennedy batting, Jose Guillen caught stealing home, catcher Brad Ausmus to third baseman Mike Lamb to catcher Brad Ausmus.

WHY CAN'T THIS GAME BE TELEVISED!

Matrix

You know its going bad for your team when after they lose even the yahoo recap screws you over..

"The Astros dropped to 34-44, good for fifth place in the division and 6 1/2 games out of first. "

Mrbob

White Sox give up 17 runs to the EXPOS?!?!?!?

LOL.

The Chi Sox missed the field goal in the 9th and lost 17-14!!!

Mrbob

HEYYYYYYYYYY BUDDDDDYYYY!!!

HalfPastNoon said:
Call me when the Cubs pass the Reds. Can't wait to see Prior trot out to the mound tomorrow only to allow 6 ERS and 5 walks in about 4 innings again. Bakers is going to ruin him.

Cardinals 41 27 .603 -

Cubs 38 30 .559 3.0

Reds 37 31 .544 4.0

Brewers 35 30 .538 4.5

Astros 34 33 .507 6.5

Pirates 26 38 .406 13.0

owned.jpg

Fifty

Mrbob said:

LOL.

LOL! Also, I heard that the 25 fans at the ballpark were going crazy!

Matrix

Cubsfan23 said:
Zambrano > Clemens

Zambrano cant even beat the astros this year....roofles in your face :p

Guess how many fans went to this Expos game? 4,576

That's pathetic beyond words.

Why the hell would a White Sox fan start talking about pathetic attendance levels? Hell, no one probably wanted to go to the game because the White Sox were playing considering they have the second lowest road attendance percentage (the Cubs are second behind only the Yanks, of course.)

Team Attendance Average Percentage Games
Cubs 1,294,653 39,231 99.2 33
Sox 654,687 21,822 46.3 31

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:

LOL.

Man..Sox were down 11-1 and came back to make it a game. Un-frickin-believable. Keep in mind 11 of those runs were given up by a first time starter we brought up, and will send back down, to the minors.

Mrbob said:
When are the White Sox going to go to a four man rotation?

Not soon enough :x We need another starter fucking BAD.

reggieandTFE said:
Why the hell would a White Sox fan start talking about pathetic attendance levels? Hell, no one probably wanted to go to the game because the White Sox were playing considering they have the second lowest road attendance percentage (the Cubs are second behind only the Yanks, of course.)

Team Attendance Average Percentage Games
Cubs 1,294,653 39,231 99.2 33
Sox 654,687 21,822 46.3 31

Oh my god. Shut the fuck up you moron. There's a huge difference between 22 thousand a game and 5 thousand a game.
Why are you trying to start shit? The Cubs draw more, I know that. Why even mention the Cubs stats. All you're trying to do is start shit.
The Cubs can outdraw the Sox anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It's no contest. All I was doing was making an observation about how poor the attendance for the Expos is.
The average attendance is 28k. 22 is a bit closer than 5. You're calling 21k a game pathetic? Go for it.

Personally, I think you're a jackass for trying to argue a mute point. Cubs draw more, and will continue to draw more. They drew a ton more when the Sox won their division while the Cubs continued their streak of suckitude. Why try and start an argument over something so stupid?
Cubs also have the 6th highest payroll in baseball. Don't forget that. More revenue = more payroll = bigger draws. But I'm not gonna make excuses. You know what the South side looks like.

But yeah, all I was doing was saying pathetic an attendance of under 5k is. I wasn't comparing the Sox or anyone. Just giving a general idea of the pisspoor support for a MLB team in Montreal.
Leave it to a Cubs fan to bring shit out of nowhere.

Where in my post did I mention the Cubs or Sox? Exactly. Just keep your mouth shut until I do actually back the Cubs.

Matrix

Griffey hit #500....it was the shot heard around the world...not.

Matrix

bwhahahahaah :(

btw, they corrected Hidalgo's swing in NY in under 3 days, and he's already hit a HR for them today,one of the NY papers said that it was an easily correctable flaw according to Met scouts... ummmm fire the Astros hitting coach if this is true >_<

WOW stros won :eek

pixelated

yay stros win, I dunno if its the coaches fault for ensberg, he just watches too many good pitches go into the catchers mit

NLB2

Banned
Woohoo! Cubs 5 Oakland 2. Man, the Cub's have gotten everybody important back except for Wood and they're gonna tear up the central.

Matrix

Ughhh another Cubs fan has gotten into here.

Mrbob

NLB2 said:
Woohoo! Cubs 5 Oakland 2. Man, the Cub's have gotten everybody important back except for Wood and they're gonna tear up the central.

WELCOME!!!

Ughhh another Cubs fan has gotten into here.

STFU n00b the more the merrier!

cubs.gif

carayphoto.jpg

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYY CCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

Matrix

n00b?

HAHAHAHA wtf

NLB2

Banned
Matrix said:
n00b?

HAHAHAHA wtf
You be a junior member, biotch.
What are you? An Astros fan? And why are the only people in this thread (or at least page eight) Cubs, Sox, or Astros fans.

Matrix

I'm not a junior member biatch,lol.

Yes I'm an astros fan and I have no idea why so many cubs and stros fans make their home here.

Mrbob

Carlos Zambrano

8W
2L
2.25 ERA

Roger Clemens

9W
2L
2.84 ERA

Clemens is slowly losing his grip over the best pitcher in the NL! I knew Zambrano was going to be good, but I didn't think he would step it up like he has. He is slowly becoming not only the best pitcher on in the NL, but the best pitcher on the Cubs staff!

I'm not a junior member biatch,lol.

Yes I'm an astros fan and I have no idea why so many cubs and stros fans make their home here.

LOL quiet junior! :D

Matrix

It hurts me to talk about it :(

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Carlos Zambrano

8W
2L
2.25 ERA

Roger Clemens

9W
2L
2.84 ERA

Clemens is slowly losing his grip over the best pitcher in the NL! I knew Zambrano was going to be good, but I didn't think he would step it up like he has. He is slowly becoming not only the best pitcher on in the NL, but the best pitcher on the Cubs staff!

How come Zambrano cant beat the Astros? and im going to a throw a number out and I want to here your thoughts on it..... "41"

Mrbob

41? Yes I do agree that at the ripe old age of 41 Clemens has already peaked this season and the rest of the year he will be going downhill!

Zambrano should have 11 wins by now. Usually when he pitches he gets less offensive support than Oswalt!

NLB2

Banned
Yeah, as of now, Zambrano is NL Cy Young winner. It was Clemens up to a few weeks ago when the Cubs and Prior smoked him 7 to 2.

Matrix

"41? Yes I do agree that at the ripe old age of 41 Clemens has already peaked this season and the rest of the year he will be going downhill!"

Typical Cubs fan response..thx for the laugh :p

You dont even find it somewhat amazing what this guy has done so far this year? You're comparing a young up and coming pitcher to a future hall of famer who is is 41 years old and in reality would have been retired if not for Pettite.Yes Roger's had two shitty outings in a row and I sorta agree with you that he might have peeked but to start calling Zambrano the best NL pitcher is absurd......once Prior is 100% healthy he is the best pitcher you have and NL has.

Zambrano might have great numbers but it will all come down to how he finishes the season and dont make me remind you about his finish last year *cough* pirates *cough*

Mrbob

Big series starting for the Cubbies in St Louis on Tuesday!!!

Need to take 2 out of 3. Then the White Sox are up for a beating. Then we get houston again!

Doing very well right now on the "Pre All Star Break June/July who the hell decided to place the cubs against all these elite teams back to back to back to back to back to back to back? schedule run". 8-2 so far! Need to keep it going and stay close near the all star break so we can make our run after the break!

Matrix

Its sick,but I have to root for the cubs to win 2 out of 3 with the Cards.Stros need to gain some ground on them and they have the Pirates sooooooooo nows the time.

NLB2

Banned
Age shouldn't really matter. Of course, Roger Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers of all time and I wish he were a Cub. But right now, Zambrano is better than him and is the best pitcher in the NL.

Mr. Bob, what do you think the Cubs should do about a closer? You think Hawkins'll be good for the job? And do you live in Chicago? I'm up in Lake Forest right now.

NLB2

Banned
Matrix said:
Its sick,but I have to root for the cubs to win 2 out of 3 with the Cards.Stros need to gain some ground on them and they have the Pirates sooooooooo nows the time.

I haven't really been following the Pirates. Who are some good players that they're gonna have to give up in the middle of the season?

Mrbob

NLB2 said:
I haven't really been following the Pirates. Who are some good players that they're gonna have to give up in the middle of the season?

LOL.

I like your attititude!

I'd like to thank PIttsburg for giving up a ton of nice talent for practically nothing last year! I'm glad to see Aramis Ramirez on my team!!

Matrix

Hmmm the Pirates have like only two good players...Shortstop Jack Wilson and RF/FB Craig Wilson and one decent pitcher in Benson.

Oh my god. Shut the fuck up you moron. There's a huge difference between 22 thousand a game and 5 thousand a game.
Why are you trying to start shit? The Cubs draw more, I know that. Why even mention the Cubs stats. All you're trying to do is start shit.
The Cubs can outdraw the Sox anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It's no contest. All I was doing was making an observation about how poor the attendance for the Expos is.
The average attendance is 28k. 22 is a bit closer than 5. You're calling 21k a game pathetic? Go for it.

Personally, I think you're a jackass for trying to argue a mute point. Cubs draw more, and will continue to draw more. They drew a ton more when the Sox won their division while the Cubs continued their streak of suckitude. Why try and start an argument over something so stupid?
Cubs also have the 6th highest payroll in baseball. Don't forget that. More revenue = more payroll = bigger draws. But I'm not gonna make excuses. You know what the South side looks like.

But yeah, all I was doing was saying pathetic an attendance of under 5k is. I wasn't comparing the Sox or anyone. Just giving a general idea of the pisspoor support for a MLB team in Montreal.
Leave it to a Cubs fan to bring shit out of nowhere.

Where in my post did I mention the Cubs or Sox? Exactly. Just keep your mouth shut until I do actually back the Cubs.

Bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine. I was just pointing out that a White Sox fan making fun of attendance levels is equivalent to a one-armed man making fun of a guy with no legs; in the end there's a lot of stump-fucking going on.

Considering your bitching here and earlier in this thread and the numerous posts in the MLB thread at the old board (where you always had to point out a Cubs loss) it's obvious that you can handle dissing other teams but turn into a whiny-five year old if someone makes fun of the White Sox.

The point still stands that the White Sox are the second-worst road draw in the major leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom