• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Rezbit

Might I remind people that there are still 2 and a half test matches to go!

Australia will collapse again at some stage, and India will click at some stage.

snoopen

Great innings. Hopefully brings a bit more consistency into his game, well done to Punter too.

300 lead then declare or bat to 500+?

Great innings. Hopefully brings a bit more consistency into his game, well done to Punter too.

300 lead then declare or bat to 500+?

It's only day 2 and India hasn't gone past 300 in an innings yet this series. gotta bat on till lunch tomorrow if you can.

Grug

Yeah, keep batting. Declare an hour before stumps tomorrow if we are still in and make their openers face an hour of sharp stuff before stumps.

Grug

Not sure how appealing an innings win is right now for Cowan, Warner and Marsh. They would be be fanging for a crack at a redeeming second innings.

Grug

Boom!

106.3 Ashwin to Hussey, SIX, goes bigger! Chips down the pitch and Hussey carts this one over long-off, scoops it and times it well

106.2 Ashwin to Hussey, FOUR, comes round the wicket and he gives the charge again, this time he hits it a lot cleaner and down to wide long-on

106.1 Ashwin to Hussey, FOUR, Hussey gives the charge, picks it from middle and appears to mistime it and yet he finds the gap at deep midwicket

Rezbit

Wow I forgot what it feels like to have the team bat well. Bowling looks non threatening. Not sure the tactics have been right today from India although what can you do against great batting like that?

Indias bowling attack is just impotent. Again this is what i meant the other day, i want to see 2 strong sides competing in a quality test match. This is horrible.

Will india have an argus review after this series ala australia after the ashes?

They need a huge clean out and surely there is someone other than dohni.

Too bad australia doesn't have any young batsmen capable of consistently making big scores at the moment, otherwise we would be dominating by the end of this year again. And damn if paine wasn't injured....

Perth test xi - warner cowan clarke ponting hussey watson haddin siddle pattinson harris hilf

Damn, that is a good team

artist

Banned
Indias bowling attack is just impotent. Again this is what i meant the other day, i want to see 2 strong sides competing in a quality test match. This is horrible.
No, Australia are underdogs and will have to fight their way from here on to win this test and save the series from being squared.

Will india have an argus review after this series ala australia after the ashes?

Too bad australia doesn't have any young batsmen capable of consistently making big scores at the moment, otherwise we would be dominating by the end of this year again. And damn if paine wasn't injured....

Perth test xi - warner cowan clarke ponting hussey watson haddin siddle pattinson harris hilf

Either Warner or Cowan will be gone when Watson comes back imo.

artist

Banned

No, its not.
Haddin
You're like a dog with a bone there irfan. Getting a little played out.
Nope. It was only yesterday when you were accusing me of begging for the underdog status, while clearly I wasnt. It was an Aussie.

Grug

irfan said:
Nope. It was only yesterday when you were accusing me of begging for the underdog status,

Wrong on two counts.

Firstly I wasn't accusing you of "begging" for underdog status, I was simply conveying my amusement that both you and an Aussie supporter were both making claims for why their team was the underdog.

Secondly, it wasn't yesterday at all. It was last week (year) in fact... during the first test.

artist

Banned
Wrong on two counts.

Firstly I wasn't accusing you of "begging" for underdog status, I was simply conveying my amusement that both you and an Aussie supporter were both making claims for why their team was the underdog.

Secondly, it wasn't yesterday at all. It was last week (year) in fact... during the first test.
Oh my ..

Clamour = loud and persistent outcry from many people

Very similar to begging.

And last year, oh my .. what I have stepped into!

Grug

Oh my ..

Clamour = loud and persistent outcry from many people

Very similar to begging.

No, not really similar at all. Even when you ignore the fact that I was applying said observation to both supporter groups.

And last year, oh my .. what I have stepped into!

Humble pie? Afterall "It was only yesterday that...".

With those silly claims swiftly flicked off the pads to the third man boundary, I have an interesting theory.

Maybe you just did such a good job of convincing us over the last few years that India are so superior to Australia that it is a bit hard for us to now grasp your new approach of telling us how much worse India are than Australia, and that you also realised this before every one else!

"We suck more than you! And I said it first!!!"

Irfan 2.0

Dead Man

With those silly claims swiftly flicked off the pads to the third man boudnary, I have an interesting theory.

Maybe you just did such a good job of convincing us over the last few years that India are so superior to Australia that it is a bit hard for us to now grasp your new approach of telling us how much worse India are than Australia, and that you also realised this before every one else!

"We suck! And I said it first!!!"

:lol

artist

Banned
No, not really similar at all. Even when you ignore the fact that I was applying said observation to both supporter groups.
Regardless, your accusation towards me was baseless and uncalled for. Your accusation to your fellow mate was correct.

Humble pie? Afterall "It was only yesterday that...".
India won the WC?
stinger

With those silly claims swiftly flicked off the pads to the third man boundary, I have an interesting theory.

"We suck more than you! And I said it first!!!"

Irfan 2.0
Nice conspiracy theory bud. Indian team IS superior (talent wise), they just became shitty over the last few months and have been sloppy all around. The tour of England was evidence enough to call the result for this series. I havent changed, gone to a hole and hid myself for months or years. Thats you :)

Hope you can hang around here through the lows of Australian cricket as well, your buddies sure havent. Maybe then I'd call you Gruggy 1.5

master15

Grug bringing the truth, I like this!

And whoever said Dhoni should be axed, please have your head examined. Sure he's been rather ordinary captain last few series but I still think he's got a good head on his shoulders and he needs help and support from his team, especially older players.

Under-dog tags aside, India's lineup can still come good.

Grug

Regardless, your accusation towards me was baseless and uncalled for.

Accusation? Either stop misinterpreting things or harden up you skirt.

Grug bringing the truth, I like this!

Fine line between truthbringing and troll feed though. I think I'll leave it there.

As for Dhoni... I don't think he should be axed but a new captain might be in order. The role isn't doing his cricket any favours.

artist

Banned
I see that you got your Dingo pack supporting you now, Gruggy 1.0

And no, sacking Dhoni is possibly the worst line of thought right now. Rest him instead along with Laxman & Gambhir.

Hope you can hang around here through the lows of Australian cricket as well, your buddies sure havent. 5

Hate to break it to the restof the wolrd but Cricket in Australia has passed its low point. This series is ours, we just won against sl away and matched sth Africa as well (as for the 47, we took the last nine sth Africa wickets for 47). The nz test series was not lost considering how bad we played. and now we are on the up!

We have a genuine bowling strikeforce (Harris, cummins, starc, Copeland, waiting in the wing) we only need to find some young batsmen, which is 10x easier than finding decent, match winning bowlers.

All great teams are built on a great bowling attack, that is why the Indian team of the last decade could never have been considered a great team at any stage.

. Indian team IS superior (talent wise), they just became shitty over the last few months and have been sloppy all around.5

shitty over the last couple of months? In the last 30 yrs (since the "greatest batsman of all time" started playing for India), when have they won a test series against Aussies or sth Africa away from india? Never.

And they only won one series in five in England in that time.

They have been shit overseas against quality opposition for a long time.

And they are not more talented. Talent is natural ability at someting and which you can't teach.

Tendulkar, dravid and laxman are robots. They learnt their games after hours of practice against slave labour bowlers in the nets. There is not much that is natural about their games.

It's like saying Steve Waugh was more talented than mark Waugh. mark Waugh was probably the most talented batsmen Australia has produced in the last 30 yrs but looking on stats alone, which Indians are very good at, you wouldn't put him in the top 10 batsmen of that time.

You got "flat track bully" and "talented" mixed up.

You've been drinking.

Gimme any decent bowler over any of those batsmen anyday.

McGrath, warne, akram, Ambrose, Walsh, younis, steyn, Donald.

If you had to pick one of the above or any of those three batsmen, you would go the bowler every time.

Conditions have been so suited to batsmen in the last 20 years resulting in all the batting records becoming massively over inflated. It's not hard to find a batsman averaging 50 these last 20 years.

It's bloody hard to find a bowler averaging low 20s with a 50 to 60 ball strike rate.

Grug

Shivers down the spine.

140888.jpg

Top Bottom