• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

master15

Every time India get a thumping the discussion turns to everything but cricket. I love it though, since it's very transparent what the agenda is.

Amazing, 300 partnership and India's toothless attack continues to be exposed. I'm disappointed with lack of focus from India :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Doubt it. If Symond's could stay out there while the whole Indian crowd called him a monkey and scratched their arm pits everyone else can harden up a bit.

Yagharek

Amazing scoreline to wake up to.

I'm well on record as not liking Clarke, but its impossible not to respect his attitude and effort this test match. There would have been people calling him selfish if he batted on, but I wouldn't have. I would have loved to see him get 401+. With an impotent Indian attack, that was likely.

Also, irfan - I nearly gave you a chance since you were talking reasonably civilised during the first test (hell, you outdid salazar). But today you have shown your true character. Stop being a fool just because you're a bad sport. I can tell you're preemptively setting up this test match to be called (by you only) the "Sydney Shame 2". Obviously that name only fits for you when India get thumped.

Grug

I see that despite the seasons irfan and Grug continue riding their carousel of shit together.

Just defending myself from continual (and I suspect, wilful) misinterpretations.

I still can't come around on Tubby to be honest. Don't love him, don't hate him. At least he's improved his vocal delivery, boy that used to give me the shits.

"....lovelydayhere....atthegabba...Austraya...chasingthreehundred...andtwentyfourruns....rickyponting....unbeatenon....fortysevenruns...fiftythreeballs.... prettygood... strikeratebythecaptain."

master15

I still can't come around on Tubby to be honest. Don't love him, don't hate him. At least he's improved his vocal delivery, boy that used to give me the shits.

"....lovelydayhere....atthegabba...Austraya...chasingthreehundred...andtwentyfourruns....rickyponting....unbeatenon....fortysevenrunsof...53balls....prettygoodstrikerate....bythecaptain."

When you compare him to the newer breed of commentators, i.e Slats & Heals, he is an everyday Richie B

Gambir is not messing around, 4, 4

Dead Man

Just defending myself from continual (and I suspect, wilful) misinterpretations.

"....lovelydayhere....atthegabba...Austraya...chasingthreehundred...andtwentyfourruns....rickyponting....unbeatenon....fortysevenrunsof...53balls....prettygoodstrikerate....bythecaptain."

LOL, that always made me laugh.

Old Tubs is nothing compared to Brad Fitler on the 9 NRL coverage, I have never been able to understand a single fucking word he has said, thank god it's only the sideline chime ins.

Fredescu

Taylor started commentating in 1999
Slater for 9 was in 2005.
Healy started in 1999 too right? Anyway, most Channel 9 commentators are terrible. Slater is one of the better ones. It's embarrassing how much better the Grandstand commentary is, but then I guess they have to be.

Yagharek

140911.jpg

FU Kohli

Its just like saying, he has the most runs ever, therefore he is the best batsman ever. durr-durr!

I never implied he was the best batsmen, learn to read :). You're the one trying to say that Tendulkar is just another regular 50 average batsmen. I'm saying that is complete bullshit and you have done nothing to show otherwise (other than make up some crappy stats which i showed were wrong, oh and your silly anecdote about not liking a century you saw him hit).

Yeah we should get the opinion of someone who knows more about cricket than you or I. Someone like Murali, who you know, actually bowled at him:
http://www.cricketcountry.com/crick...ll-the-records-but-Lara-is-better-Murali/7069

Are we really going to do this? Do i have to drag out all the people who say that Tendulkar is the best batsmen since Bradman? You're clutching at straws here.

no, its not the "Top" players of the century. These players were more than being just top players. In fact, there are not many statistics that any of these players "top", other than The Don's 99 of course.

Than what the fuck is the list for? The list is for the top 5 players of the last century end of story. The players you listed spent the majority of their careers playing this century so of course that's going to affect things.

That wasnt what I said or implied.

I'm well aware of that. I was just pointing out how stupid it was to use a list of the best players from the last century to explain why players who have spent most of their careers in this one don't belong.

None of Tendulkar, Dravid, Ponting or Kallis have done someonthing to deserve displacing any of those top 5.

They are all very, very good players. But not great.

Nope. Greatness comes with being able to do what none of your contemporaries could possibly do.

That is why those five players are in the list.

Um Tendulkar has achieved plenty of things that no other batsmen has been able to achieve ever. Kallis has also ahiceved things no other player has ever managed to do.

Also you haven't actually defined what you need to do to make this list. You're just making shit up as you go along.

In an indian's eyes you have had two of the best batsmen of all time for the last 20 odd years.

The reason their greatness gets bandied around so much is because India has had no one of real greatness, so Indians put those two names up there.

I'm a fucking Australian you moron and plenty of the people who talk Tendulkar up aren't Indian. The fact that you think this shows how much of insular and biased you really are.

P.s. Clarkie just got to 300. If he betters Lara's 400, does that make Clark better than Lara?

What a pathetic and dumb cheap shot. How is this relevant to anything i have said? Where did i say Tendulkar was the best because of one innings?

I like how you just gloss over the fact that i completely destroyed your arguments in your last post and your blatant lying in regards to Tendulkars batting stats.

But hey you just keep moving those goalposts and trying to find reasons to talk Tendulkar down. What will be your next bullshit stat to try and make Tendulkar look worse than he is.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Arent you supposed to abuse his mother and sister? Stay classy Australia.

Way to play the race card.

It was a bunch of dickheads in the crowd, not all of Australia.

Kohli responding was justified but at the end of the day, he is the one that is in the public eye and has to defend his decisions.

Dead Man

I could have sworn I discussing a cricket match not too long ago. It really destroys the usefulness of the ignore function when it shows up in quotes. ;)

Dizzan

MINI Member
The pitch is obviously flat as a tack.

Obviously India can't win but they may be able to eke out a draw. You can never underestimate the quality of Tendulkar and Dravid, despite the latter's patchy form of late.

It would be kind of disappointing for Indian fans seeing Tendulkars 100 100's in a game in which they are no chance.

artist

Banned
I suppose they could have been racists like crowds in India were towards Symonds. Would that be more to your liking?
Bad apples & cowards are everywhere, just see this thread. ;)

Btw I would have fucking applauded if Symonds gave those crowds his middle finger and some more.

The pitch is obviously flat as a tack.

Obviously India can't win but they may be able to eke out a draw. You can never underestimate the quality of Tendulkar and Dravid, despite the latter's patchy form of late.

It would be kind of disappointing for Indian fans seeing Tendulkars 100 100's in a game in which they are no chance.
11 overs in, 1 wicket down already with a lead of 420+ runs and 2.25 days of play left, already underplaying Australia's bowling attack. NICE!!!

There is only one possible result from here on.

Grug

Sounds like Clarke was conscious of declaring while he was under Bradman's top score. Respect. Shades of Mark Taylor.

Ghambir actually looks half decent day. In all his other innings you always felt like his wicket was right around the corner.

Such a big session coming up this afternoon.

Rezbit

Sounds like Clarke was conscious of declaring while he was under Bradman's top score. Respect. Shades of Mark Taylor.

Really? I didn't get that vibe at all. I mean Matty Hayden is sitting there on 380, and there's no way he was going to bat that long.

Also, there really is no reason to flip the crowd the bird, as hilarious as it is. With the dozen security guards on the boundary, if something offensive was said he could just point the guy out. Then they get rightfully hit with the ban stick.

Yagharek

Misunderstood your post .. watching in one tab and posting in another cant be done simultaneously.

So Kohli was lying?

He should have made a complaint. In Australian football games, you can be evicted for abusive language, and that's a far more heated event than test cricket

artist

Banned
He should have made a complaint. In Australian football games, you can be evicted for abusive language, and that's a far more heated event than test cricket
Not everyone is a Tendulkar or a Dravid or Dhoni .. Kohli is young and hot blooded. He'll learn to exploit the system eventually.

I like him as he is currently.

Top Bottom