• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
And yet you pile on cowan for not liking being dismissed.
No, I see the same shades of Ponting in him minus all of Ponting's achievements. If Kohli was showing the same attitude without his record thus far, I would have been on his tail too.

For the record, if you go back in this thread you'll see me criticizing Valthaty - he thought he was Tendulkar after a couple of games in IPL.

Rezbit

This is sloppy bowling. Where have the plans gone? Started well with Sehwag and now they just seem to be expecting it to happen.

Grug

I'll take Tendulkar's word over all of Australian team. Deal with it.

Which words though? His first statement where he said he was too far away to hear what Harbhajan said at all or his contradictory second statement where he said that Harbhajan called Symonds a word in hindi that sounds similar to "monkey"?

I'll take Gilchrist's words over Sachin's bizzare, unexplained backflip.

Yagharek

Claiming a bump catch isnt cheating, its possible that they weren't sure. Happens often enough.

Not walking when you have been clean bowled is cheating though.

Grug

Claiming a bump catch isnt cheating, its possible that they weren't sure.

Agree that it's not always cheating, there are definitate cases where it is impossible to know. There have also definitely been cases where the player MUST have known. That is cheating. The name's Ganguly and Slater come to mind.

artist

Banned
Which words though? His first statement where he said he was too far away to hear what Harbhajan said at all or his contradictory second statement where he said that Harbhajan called Symonds a word in hindi that sounds similar to "monkey"?

I'll take Gilchrist's words over Sachin's bizzare, unexplained backflip.
lol the same Gilchrist that is the biggest self righteous hypocrite - "I walk but appeal for blatant not outs". Nope.

And that fucking controversy was dismissed by the court hearing. The only person that came off as lying in that whole episode was that bitch Puppy. Symonds is over the whole thing, in fact he plays on the same team as Harbhajan now .. clearly there are still people grinding their axes for other obvious reasons, haha.

wtf is happening discuss cricket people.
Its not as bad as crashing into an Australia vs India party with an "I love you Kallis" banner.

artist

Banned
lol Pattison, desperate. Patience big boy.
wtf guy is the legend he scored double century on his 150 match and silenced the haterz. That was more important to me than this entire match lol.
Which haterZ? He's already among the greatest all-rounders, what more do you want? Kallis in lingerie?

Grug

The only person that came off as lying in that whole episode was that bitch Puppy.

Nah if you are going to be self righteous and indignant about it, let's be clear.

Tendulkar made two directly contradictory claims.

1. That he was too far away to hear what was said.

2. That Harbhajan called Symonds a hindi word that was mishead by Symonds as "monkey".

By their contradictory nature, at least one of those statements must be a lie.

master15

I don't recall seeing a top three batsmen bowled so many times. Counting the no-ball dismissal what is that? 3 or 4 times Dravid has been bowled now?

How bizzare...

Grug

Good for Hilfy. Pattinson and Siddle seem to be getting all the attention lately. Hilf was vital in the first test and didn't get the kudos he deserved.

Grug

Binga you stud. All for a good cause too.

140943.jpg

artist

Banned
Now youre trying too hard, irfan. Your irrational hate is ridiculous.
He has a history of claiming bump catches, obviously situations then were not as rosy as this one. Its 100% rational. Keep your nationality aside as its clouding your judgement.

Haddin MoM for India, why was I going after his skin over the last two pages??? Why!

lol full retard still going strong .. Adventure, not sure why you are even trying?

Also you haven't actually defined what you need to do to make this list. You're just making shit up as you go along.
QUOTE]

espncricinfo said:
During the World Cup and just afterwards, the 100 voters were asked "to set aside any bias towards your own country and your own era, and name the five whose excellence at cricket during the 20th century you think has made the greatest contribution to the game."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/153387.html

when this list was compiled, Tendulkar had played for longer than Warne but was not even close to the same votes.

This was by 100 people who supposedly know better than you or I.

I am not insular in my views. I just base my views on cricket as a whole, not just since 2000.

Tendulkar is good, though not a great.

And using the same criteria, SRT, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid today would still not make that top 5.

Top Bottom