• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

2012 and beyond is going to be great for AFL coverage. Every game is on Foxtel... live, high definition and uninterrupted from siren to siren.

Can't wait.

I won't say i'm not jelly. God i hope we can get something similar (i'd like to think someone besides 9 will get the rights but my hopes aren't high).

I may actually consider watching some AFL if we actually get some decent coverage at a decent time. Still not a huge fan but it's better than most sports.

Grug

Smashed the fuck out of that.

Edit: LOL, Slater talking about the virtues of being a shortarse batsman. Surprise surprise.

9 hasnt had the rights for 5 years.

The next 5 years is Foxtel + 7

I meant for the NRL. I know you guys have been free from 9 for a while. The less sport that is on 9 the better imo.

So true. All that crap about Tony G. You are not a comedian Slats, stop trying to be funny!

Yeah but i don't think its fair to say Slater is becoming unbearable. He has been there for a long time.

6!... 4.

NRL I think he's talking about. 9......... have 3 channels, only show stuff on 1.

Have shows rating lower than test broadcasts on other channels, still won't show the NRL. Fucking hell they are merkins.

Yeah but i don't think its fair to say Slater is becoming unbearable. He has been there for a long time.
I don't mind it while he keeps his discussion on Cricket matters, he is allowed to have an opinion even if it is incredibly hard to understand what he is going on about. When he drifts off into popular culture though he just destroys the point of me watching it. Give me some entertaining comedians like Roy & HG for a 20/20. For Test Cricket I want some informative discussion of what is going on.

Muglh.gif
Quickfire 50 to show how horrible India are playing. First chance he has given too.

Grug

Poll question... ugh...

Stay classy channel 9. Save the lowest common denominator shut for T20.

Edit: Warner in serious beastmode.

artist

Banned
lol @ the Aussies who were calling for Warner's skin now ready for his dick. Toldya Warner should be in there.

No guts.

All the luck going our way this over!

Nearly had a heart attack when Warner slipped.

Would watch Tony in a mankini if Slater agreed to fuck off out of the box for the rest of the test. Would even take Richie taking 20 minutes to tell a story.

EDIT: Who were hating on Warner? He has started his Test career in great fashion.

Grug

lol @ the Aussies who were calling for Warner's skin now ready for his dick. Toldya Warner should be in there.

No guts.

He's chopped the ball within a bee's dick of the stumps three times this innings. Same way he got out in Sydney.

I stand by my call he isn't a test cricketer yet. He's a woodcutter. Exciting when it works (and when the bowling side is bowling cream buns) but he's going to fail a fair bit with it too.

The "I told you so" heroics are pretty funny though.

Grug

Anyone else noticed that according to BUPA, a "healthier version of yourself" is just you with nicer clothes, brushed hair and some makeup?

DaMan121

Anyone else noticed that according to BUPA, a "healthier version of yourself" is just you with nicer clothes, brushed hair and some makeup?

Urgh, what's a summer of cricket without an annoying ad played at every commercial break?

As for Warner, he can win a test for you in a session, if he goes out for nothing he won't cost you a match. Dunno, I think it's worth continuing with this experiment for a while.

Grug

As for Warner, he can win a test for you in a session, if he goes out for nothing he won't cost you a match. Dunno, I think it's worth continuing with this experiment for a while.

Absolutely worth continuing with. Fair to say that India's total of 161 isn't the sort of total that would send an opener to the crease feeling a large amount of pressure. Perfect situation for Warner to play his natural game.

I'd like to see him in a few games where we have to build a genuine innings until I make any grand declarations either way.

Dead Man

Warner needs a few more games before I will be comfortable with him. ~At the moment, even given this afternoons effort, I would put Katich in over him. Maybe not for ODI, but for Tests? For sure.

Rezbit

Katich has well and truly burnt his bridges. Would rather not see him at this point, give these guys a go. Especially with Watto coming back.

Katich will never come back unless we lose every innings with the bat. For an entire season.

Woah, a maiden.
Nearly home time. No need for Cowan to rush a shot. He has all of tomorrow to make runs. Also probably thinking too much about changing his health insurance to Bupa.

Grug

Nearly home time. No need for Cowan to rush a shot. He has all of tomorrow to make runs. Also probably thinking too much about changing his health insurance to Bupa.

Would love to see a BUPA ad with Shane Warne walking down the street with a ciggie in one hand and a Zinger works burger in the other and he runs into a healthy, skinny version of himself.

Top Bottom