• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

DeSo

Banned
He's been bloody incredible this summer, the form bowler for mine. Should probably thank McDermott for that.

DeSo

Banned
Yeah, form wasn't the right word. Don't think Siddle's taken as many wickets but he's led the way and taken some very important ones. Most consistent, NZ series and this one.

Yagharek

India in T20 mode.

Yeah, form wasn't the right word. Don't think Siddle's taken as many wickets but he's led the way and taken some very important ones. Most consistent, NZ series and this one.

Form is the right word. Siddle has been bowling excellently. Unsettling the batsmen, some very close calls and great swinging deliveries.

Siddle + Hilfenhaus have been an excellent pairing this series. Pattinson, Cummins have been very good too.

edit: another wicket for Hilfy. Might be in line for player of the series at this rate.

Yagharek

Yeah it is, but I was selling the rest of our bowling attack short, they've all been form bowlers! lol

Indeed, theyve bowled very well. McDermott is working magic there.

Siddle has improved a lot though, he deserves a lot of credit. Always had a good attitude, but in the past couple of seasons he's been a bit off the boil. Now though, he is on fire.

Harris, Starc, Cummins, Pattinson are going to make it very hard for anyone else to come into the side at their expense too.

Grug

I hope I didn't start a dispute about the Aussie bowlers. :/

Just was remarking on Siddle pushing himself to the point of exhaustion and beyond.

Grug

Of all the dismissals Dhoni's was the worst, it wasnt even a good ball.

It was a good ball for getting Dhoni if you know what I mean. He just can't contain that urge to fish at those generous ones outside off. It was a bit more uppish than he expected.

Oooh, another one!

Yagharek

I hope I didn't start a dispute about the Aussie bowlers. :/

Just was remarking on Siddle pushing himself to the point of exhaustion and beyond.

No dispute here. Theyve all been in great form this summer, which is a nice thing to see.

Disputes will only arise if people start calling for a Tait/Johnson comeback.

edit: HILFY AGAIN!!!!

COME ON SON, GET 5/

So my reckoning:

Pattinson->Siddle->Harris->Hifenhaus->Cummins->Starc->Lee->Copeland->M. Hussey->Eylise Perry->Random u12 kid->Mitchell Johnson

The Indians have fallen equally to good bowling and incredibly poor shot decision.

artist

Banned
So my reckoning:

Pattinson->Siddle->Harris->Hifenhaus->Cummins->Starc->Lee->Copeland->M. Hussey->Eylise Perry->Random u12 kid->Mitchell Johnson

The Indians have fallen equally to good bowling and incredibly poor shot decision.
Whats with the Mitch hate, brotha?

Rezbit

Ughhhh Ian Chappell can you ever just spit it out? "Sehwag didn't play his natural game and maybe by not playing his natural game he got in to trouble and maybe he should play his natural game."

Just when i though India couldn't get any lower..... A few Indian batsmen really need to take a good look in the mirror *cough* Sehwag and Dhoni *cough*. When your batting line up is struggling it is inexcusable to be just throwing away your wicket cheaply over and over, especially when you're a captain. If Dhoni simply can't bat away from home they should drop him.

I'm annoyed they dropped Ashwin as he was one of the only players who looked capable of hitting some runs. I know its not the best spinners wicket but even just on pure batting form he deserves to be in the team more than some of the actual batsmen.

Also now we get to watch Indias bowlers make the pitch look like a batting wicket after they god bowled out for such a terrible score.

He's an average bowler who pretty much gets kept in the side because of a couple of good performances and because he is highly marketable. If anything has been shown since he got injured it's that he should never get near the Australia side again.

Dead Man

In Johnsons defence, there were not too many other options when he came into the side. Now that there are, he should be kept far away.

Grug

And thus ends that glorious 30 minute stretch when Channel 9 cut to the news and the coverage cricket switches to GEM - just to tease us with half an hour of cricket in HD, then take it away again.

Just looked at the full scorecard. Damn looking at that tail really shows how much they missed Ashwin.

And thus ends that glorious 30 minute stretch when Channel 9 cut to the news and the coverage cricket switches to GEM - just to tease us with half an hour of cricket in HD, then take it away again.

You should be thankful, at least for you the AFL isn't on 9. I gotta put up with that shit all year :p.

Yagharek

In Johnsons defence, there were not too many other options when he came into the side. Now that there are, he should be kept far away.

One of the most popular dismissals in the past (before I ever got to see it) was c. Marsh b. Lillee.

In the past few years, the most common bowling event has been 4lb, b.Johnson.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Just looked at the full scorecard. Damn looking at that tail really shows how much they missed Ashwin.

You should be thankful, at least for you the AFL isn't on 9. I gotta put up with that shit all year :p.

Yeah, they should have kept Ashwin was like "they dropped their best batter, wtf?"

Gem's still going for now.

That sound of Warner's 4 was tasty. Khan has been the bright light of the series for India, hope he holds up for the rest of the tour. Yadav has had some moments.

Where I am (Brisbane) GEM is now showing reruns of Friends.

Yeah they switched straight over in Melbourne. At least they have pushed it back to early season Friends!

EDIT: School boy chat? <_>

Johnson was legitimately the best fast bowler in the world around the 2009 South African tour but then he decided to rest on his laurels and bowl largely crap from then on in. I'd love him to come back to his unplayable best but most of the time he looks like he doesn't care. He probably far more talented than Siddle and Hilfy, but I'd rather have someone who gives 100%, 100% of the the time than someone who bowls one or two incredible deliveries and then sprays the rest around. Pattison and Cummins seem to have the cricket world at their feet, while they will both face much harder days to come, it's time to move Johnson on.

Oddly enough, on that tour Philip Hughes looked like he might be the next big thing. Funny how things change.

Top Bottom