• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Yagharek

Tidbit on the turnaround in the bowling attack

The sledging comeback from the Indian players of, "wait til we have you in India!" is quite lol worthy. Not expecting much fight from them for the rest of the series.

Tsk tsk India. Makes you wonder if they are even bothering to play these two tests. Pakistani bookmakers would be looking forward to Adelaide with that attitude.

As for the Cowan/Marsh/Watson dilemma....

I think Warner has made his case now for a regular spot. Despite his impatience costing him at times, two centuries makes an impressive argument. Cowan is settling in nicely, and has a good temperament for a Test opener. Watson has already earnt his spot and deserves immediate return upon fitness issues clearing up. Marsh has been a damn good Shield player and will probably miss out when Watson comes back, but he should be next in line for when Ponting or Hussey retire.

In a group of Marsh, Khawaja, Hughes etc, Marsh is in front.

wy5JW.gif

What a shambles.

Grug

I reckon India's best chance of breaking this partnership up is from Cowan being hospitalised by a Warner straight drive.

As an Englishman, and therefore obliged to root against Australia, I find India's performance incredibly frustrating. Failure after failure (in both this test and the series as a whole), makes you wonder how they were ranked the top test team and how they managed to win the CWC.

The last thing I like seeing is Aussies winning. :(

artist

Banned
Warner is in god mode right now.

If he gets a double then this innings would top Clarke's triple on the dead pitch at SCG.

Top Bottom