• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

What time does it finish? Warner may get his ton. May have to slaughter a few seagulls to get it though.

Would love to see a BUPA ad with Shane Warne walking down the street with a ciggie in one hand and a Zinger works burger in the other and he runs into a healthy, skinny version of himself.

Don't give them ideas! He doesn't need the money but he would probably find it hilarious enough to do it anyway.

lol @ the Aussies who were calling for Warner's skin now ready for his dick. Toldya Warner should be in there.

No guts.

He's chopped the ball within a bee's dick of the stumps three times this innings. Same way he got out in Sydney.

I stand by my call he isn't a test cricketer yet. He's a woodcutter. Exciting when it works (and when the bowling side is bowling cream buns) but he's going to fail a fair bit with it too.

The "I told you so" heroics are pretty funny though.

Yeah i'm gonna side with Grug on this one, one big innings doesn't make him a test cricketer (i'm not saying he won't be a great player but one innings doesn't make a career). I mean you could probably rassle up the seagulls from around the ground and they would perform better than India is right now.

Muglh.gif

What a shot!
IfgsQ.gif

DeSo

Banned
What a dream first day. Amazing.
Seriously. I was hoping no wicket for 50 at best. That was fucking incredible.

When Warner got hit I thought he'd struggle a bit. Two short balls, Warner dispatches them with ease. So awesome to watch.

And I laughed really hard at the Cowan not out.

Rezbit

With the pitch talking I was honestly just hoping for a lead of 70-100; thought that would be super competitive. Obviously still could happen with a collapse, but damn they're in a good possie.

artist

Banned
Yeah i'm gonna side with Grug on this one, one big innings doesn't make him a test cricketer (i'm not saying he won't be a great player but one innings doesn't make a career). I mean you could probably rassle up the seagulls from around the ground and they would perform better than India is right now.
This is his second big innings. Besides, Warner is very close to Gilchrist's style of play. Given how shitty other Aussie openers have been, Warner is a very good candidate. Pair him up with Watson and I think England will be gulping one down for the next ashes.

This knock is miles better than Hussey's 150 in the previous test.

Good start from cricinfo, Australia 760 for 1 since Cowan got out in Sydney.

Incredible.
Some more stats:

* India's eighth score of less than 250 in the first innings in their last 16 Tests.
* The two fastest centuries against India have been scored in the last 13 months.
* In 19 overseas innings since the start of the tour to the West Indies in 2011, India's average opening partnership has been 14.31, with a highest of 63.
* If Australia score 13 more runs without losing a wicket, it'll be only the third time that a team surpasses India's first-innings total without losing a wicket. The last time it happened was against South Africa in Ahmedabad in 2008, when they were bundled out for 78.

From the above stats, its easy to say Indian test team has been down the shitter over the last couple of years. Axe Sehwag, Dravid and replace them with Rahane, Rohit Sharma. Drop Vinay Kumar for Irfan Pathan.

Axe Dhoni as the test captain and player - he has already admitted to quitting tests in a couple of years. Get Dinesh Karthik in his place.

Tidbit on the turnaround in the bowling attack
Nine times from nine innings they have bowled the opposition out this summer, for an average total of 225. Last season, England averaged 409 per innings in the Ashes. That three members of this WACA attack were part of the toothless group that faced England only highlights how far they have come in 12 months. It also serves to emphasise how poor India's batsmen have been.

The sledging comeback from the Indian players of, "wait til we have you in India!" is quite lol worthy. Not expecting much fight from them for the rest of the series.

Rezbit

Talking about Watto coming back in. Cowan needs to get a hundo here to cement his spot. Love having the stodgy player up front, I have to admit. Marsh in danger?

Talking about Watto coming back in. Cowan needs to get a hundo here to cement his spot. Love having the stodgy player up front, I have to admit. Marsh in danger?

Marsh is gone even if he gets 200 i think heh

edit: well its between Marsh and Cowan and I just think cowan fits into the side better

Muglh.gif

Great 50, scored at a great pace. Been a fantastic addition to the team and a perfect opener for us. Seems the perfect contrast to Warner.

I will be incredibly pissed off if they drop him for Watson rather than Marsh.

Top Bottom