• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Window

I think the problem is a lot of the best foreign spinners are from the sub continent and just don't know how to take advantage of the bounce. Although even someone like Kumble who used bounce much more effectively than most spinners did great in India and terrible in Australia so i'm not really sure of the reason.

Can't say he's been terrible to be honest. In his first series there he was definitely terrible (avg 90) but the two series after that, he's been pretty decent (avg 29 and 34.5). Not exactly a strike bowler like Warne but serviceable. But yes for the most part Kumble has only been really effective in India (not even all of the subcontinent).

artist

Banned
in india. with all the old people being in prime.
Nope, in Australia. In India, it was the greatest series of all-time though.

good thing for India is they don't have to play away against top teams for next 2 years.
Yeah, atleast they can play at home and dont need to worry about match-fixing. Oh and they'll be playing minnows like Pakistan.

Turn doesn't necessarily make for a good bowling pitch, not even for spinners. Bounce is the attribute practically every bowler desires. That is the problem that some sub-continental pitches have. Sri Lankan pitches always seem to be the worst, though that could be selective memory.
It does. Do sub-continent pitches generally turn? Yes. Do they all have bounce? No. Bounce will definitely assist the bowlers, no doubt but the lack of it does not hinder spinners.

Grug

Dhoni has received a one-match suspension for slow over rates. I don't think too many Indian supporters will be too upset about that.

beast786

Yeah, atleast they can play at home and dont need to worry about match-fixing. Oh and they'll be playing minnows like Pakistan.

Well I am glad as hell they can play at home, otherwise where else can they find these dead wickets ? And respectable inning defeats.

As per match fixing. how easily you forgot about your own tradition
lol

As per Pakistan playing minnows, I don't think we have played an test against India this year. So we still got one more minnow left. BTW, how many inning defeats in last few months? must be some kind of minnow record.

artist

Banned
They can find dead wickets in UAE. ;)

As per your link, the match-fixing involved Pakistani players too. Gosh, at which match-fixing, ball tampering and other illegal activities do these guys DONT show up? lol
Glad that the Indians found guilty of match-fixing got their careers ended unlike the Pakistani players who can still play
And look up tradition in the dictionary, it means "The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way." Perfect fit for match-fixing across the Pakistani generations.

As per the ICC schedule, India are scheduled to play minnow Pakistan this year. Glad my post hit some nerves. :)

artist

Banned
Warner a future captain - Arthur

David Warner may soon captain Australia in Twenty20 internationals but the head coach Mickey Arthur has said he has the potential to lead his country "in any form of the game".
What?

beast786

They can find dead wickets in UAE. ;)

As per your link, the match-fixing involved Pakistani players too. Gosh, at which match-fixing, ball tampering and other illegal activities do these guys DONT show up? lol
Glad that the Indians found guilty of match-fixing got their careers ended unlike the Pakistani players who can still play
And look up tradition in the dictionary, it means "The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way." Perfect fit for match-fixing across the Pakistani generations.

As per the ICC schedule, India are scheduled to play minnow Pakistan this year. Glad my post hit some nerves. :)

Well, you responded to me. Unless the short term memory loss is still in effect.

My fault. I guess you know all about match fixing. I mean who else to learn from but the inventors of match fixing. So please, the last team in the world to make fun of match fixing is Inida. I cant but laugh when you bring it up everytime.

Ball tampering?

January 2004, India's Rahul Dravid was fined after he rubbed a half-eaten lolly onto one side of the ball during an ODI.

LOL.

If pakistan is Minnows then india is my junior high school team. Again, how many inning defeats in past few months?

Even Minnows have some standards.

Window

This India vs Pakistan arguement is really pointless and not needed. Fact is Pakistan is recovering from the match fixing fiasco and is on the upswing where as India has clearly regressed. Who would win if there was a match on soon? It is pretty much impossible to make a guess right now given that they have not played each other for a long while now and also the fact in India vs Pakistan matches many people tend to either over/under perform due its nature. How about we enjoy the game instead of getting into this whole debate since I don't think they are even scheduled to play each other so its pointless.

artist

Banned
This India vs Pakistan arguement is really pointless and not needed. Fact is Pakistan is recovering from the match fixing fiasco and is on the upswing where as India has clearly regressed. Who would win if there was a match on soon? It is pretty much impossible to make a guess right now given that they have not played each other for a long while now and also the fact in India vs Pakistan matches many people tend to either over/under perform due its nature. How about we enjoy the game instead of getting into this whole debate since I don't think they are even scheduled to play each other so its pointless.
Look through his earlier posts in this thread, this guy is a hardcore Pakistani. I wont be surprised if he started blaming everything (quake, blasts, corruption) happening in Pakistan on India. And look up mine, I support all sub-contintent teams until I come across a fanatic like this one.

One incident of ball tampering versus countless? India - inventors of match fixing? Thats a new one, haha. Pigs can fly too.

The road you are going down ends in a hell called everything thats wrong with Pakistani cricket.

And yes India is on their lowest phase in cricket while Pakistan is rebuilding (albeit against Bangladesh). Where were you when India sent Pakistan back home and won the WC? Its easy to gloat here when your team does well. Come back when you have some balls like me to show up even in the defeats and low phases.

beast786

Look through his earlier posts in this thread, this guy is a hardcore Pakistani. I wont be surprised if he started blaming everything (quake, blasts, corruption) happening in Pakistan on India. And look up mine, I support all sub-contintent teams until I come across a fanatic like this one.

One incident of ball tampering versus countless? India - inventors of match fixing? Thats a new one, haha. Pigs can fly too.

The road you are going down ends in a hell called everything thats wrong with Pakistani cricket.

And yes India is on their lowest phase in cricket while Pakistan is rebuilding (albeit against Bangladesh). Where were you when India sent Pakistan back home and won the WC? Its easy to gloat here when your team does well. Come back when you have some balls like me to show up even in the defeats and low phases.

Quakes, Blasts, Curruptions.. you probably forget assasinations.

Yes, obviously supporting a cricket team makes it "hardcore pakistani" which obvisouly is something bad because something about "quake, blasts, corruptions" .

One incident of ball tampering, one incident of match fixing ... I love how you were the first one through out the whole thread who for no reason brings up whenever I say anything factual regarding current demise of Indian cricket , hell just in this page you quoted me with same insecure crap and I was not even talking to you . Yet , at the same time you become a laughing fool when your own country has the same history. well, you know " one time". Which has been reminded by others when you went on off topic rant again.

Typical conversation with irfan:

ME: Wow, congratulations to england for complete thrashing of India (statement towards no one)

Irfan: HAHAHAHA, Pakistan are match fixer. HAHAHHA

And then here we go

I was here during the world cup thread. I congratulated india for it. But for some reason you are so "hardcore indian", that a little trash talking is making you feel so salty, especially from a pakistan fan.

artist

Banned
Quakes, Blasts, Curruptions.. you probably forget assasinations.

Yes, obviously supporting a cricket team makes it "hardcore pakistani" which obvisouly is something bad because something about "quake, blasts, corruptions" .

One incident of ball tampering, one incident of match fixing ... I love how you were the first one through out the whole thread who for no reason brings up whenever I say anything factual regarding current demise of Indian cricket , hell just in this page you quoted me with same insecure crap and I was not even talking to you . Yet , at the same time you become a laughing fool when your own country has the same history. well, you know " one time". Which has been reminded by others when you went on off topic rant again.
No. A hardcore pakistani is one which lives off when India is in trouble. I would define hardcore Indians who live off Pakistani fumbles as fanatics also.

I'm just reacting in a knee-jerk fashion to your trolling. Prior to that, I had NO, absolutely none negative comments regarding Pakistani cricket.

Typical conversation with irfan:

ME: Wow, congratulations to england for complete thrashing of India (statement towards no one)

Irfan: HAHAHAHA, Pakistan are match fixer. HAHAHHA

Yep, it was so harmless ..
bhangra.gif

4-0

with 2 X inning defeat.

Being a pakistan fan. I am living off England success.

bhangra.gif
Perfectly summed up by another poster ..
lol I was wondering how many firecrackers were set off in Pakistan last test when India lost No.1 and today after the whitewash.
Harmless indeed. Play the innocent card elsewhere. ;)

beast786

No. A hardcore pakistani is one which lives off when India is in trouble. I would define hardcore Indians who live off Pakistani fumbles as fanatics also.

I'm just reacting in a knee-jerk fashion to your trolling. Prior to that, I had NO, absolutely none negative comments regarding Pakistani cricket.

Yep, it was so harmless ..

Perfectly summed up by another poster ..

Harmless indeed. Play the innocent card elsewhere. ;)

Wait. You did NOT found that Harmless?

You were offeneded and salty this whole time because I put a gif of a guy dancing. That forced you to go all after me with comments not even directing towards you?

I must have really bothered you then. Because you have been trolling me since then for JUST FREAKING GIF?

Just the last and this page where I have been completly ignoring your salty attitude, but you keep on crying like a baby.

If a littl trash talking makes you this emotional. Maybe you are the "indian hardcore" from your own definition. I love our rivalry with indian cricket , to me thats one of the most enjoyment I get out of watching cricket. Hell, there were more people invited to my house during the World cup semi than paki friends/relatives. And none are as salty as you. It was clean , harmless fun.

ITS FREAKING A GAME. LET IT GO.

Also, i love the quote you placed by other poster that so called summarized your point. Which again, the funny thing is it didn't. I have no idea why you quoted him and what was your point.

artist

Banned
Right .. more use of the innocent card. The other poster's comment was exactly on the money. You can continue your trolling but be prepared to get it back and some more.

I'm done arguing about your reasons for the trolling.

beast786

Right .. more use of the innocent card. The other poster's comment was exactly on the money. You can continue your trolling but be prepared to get it back and some more.

I'm done arguing about your reasons for the trolling.

Lol, I am trolling you?

Do you really live in this denial?

When was the last time I even responded to you. Yet, go back the few pages and tell me how many times you responded without even been conversate.

And I know how you try to get back. "match fixing,ball tempering" etc etc. And obviously, the laughing part is you forgot your own history.

Stop being salty. Its a game.

Fredescu

When I was a kid, when ODIs had just started and we still called it World Series Cricket, and VCRs were shiny and new, my Dad used to tape all the day night games so I could go to bed early and still watch them the next day.

The second most memorable thing from those was the deciding final between India and Pakistan, where during the presentation both teams had the most dour looks on their faces. I didn't know why at the time, but it's interesting to me in light of what I know now.

Incidentally the most memorable thing was a match winning partnership between Robbie Kerr and Dean Jones. The third most was the bowling of Peter Taylor.

You know all this nationalistic bullshit is what makes this thread unbearable at times. Quite fighting over pointless bullshit and concentrate on the cricket. It makes for a lot more interesting discussion and then you might not scare of all the lurkers (which is what stopped me posting for a long time).

Unchanged squad for Adelaide.

i.e. Haddin gets another game. Unbelievable... smh.

I always hate when decisions like this are defended by the logic "can't change a winning team". Just because a team is winning doesn't mean everyone on the team is adequately performing their job. Not saying i would dump him but i have seen people saying this and it frustrates me.

I'd drop haddin like a rotten potato, really is the perfect time to try someone new too since the series is won so there would be less pressure on whoever would come in.

Rezbit

Wow at the spinners' bowling figures.

O M R W Econ
Mohammad Hafeez 5 3 3 1 0.60
Abdur Rehman 7 4 5 0 0.71
Saeed Ajmal 5 3 5 3 1.00

Window

England will be really tested this year since they're gonna be up against Steyn and Philander. Good to see they've started postively.

Good to see Pakistan doing well, I love their bowlers from watching younis and akram demolish teams with swing bowling when I was a kid.

Always good to see England get beaten.

WTF is going on? There are actually good spinners in test cricket? It's great to see. Also it's nice that it seems as though bowling attacks are really dominating at the moment. England, Pakistan, England and SA all have strong bowling lineups. They basically look like the 4 best teams in the world at the moment which is probably how it should be.

Dead Man

WTF is going on? There are actually good spinners in test cricket? It's great to see. Also it's nice that it seems as though bowling attacks are really dominating at the moment. England, Pakistan, England and SA all have strong bowling lineups. They basically look like the 4 best teams in the world at the moment which is probably how it should be.

:D

Rezbit

Sounds like really good bowling by Pakistan on an apparently flat track. If you asked them before play if they'd take bowling England out first for under 200 they would be jumping for joy.

Fredescu

I know you're kidding, but I checked and it isn't possble. India will drop to #3 even if they win in Adelaide and England will remain #1 even if they lose 3-0 to Pakistan.

Top Bottom