• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
Yeah, Tendulkar was clearly pissed at the lack of a DRS.

Pretty sure I saw him mouth the words "Fuck those shortsighted pricks at the BCCI".
What does that have to do with him being plum LBW? He should get 3 lives because the Australians appealed one that wasn't out?
No he said "fucking double standards, start appealing for everything and umpire's are bound to give benefit of doubt decisions to bowlers"

Ive seen more Indian fans in that crowd than Ive ever seen away team fans in any Indian-hosted match.

That said, maybe its so quiet as the Indian fans have given up and gone home early for the night. :p
No the easily missed silent claps are only from the Indian camp.

artist

Banned
Quoting this so you cant remove evidence of your silly persecution of Indian players complex.
Why would I remove it? I never go back to edit my posts & remove "evidence", is that something Australian?

Laxman gone, I dont see India outlasting this session now.

Yagharek

Why would I remove it? I never go back to edit my posts & remove "evidence", is that something Australian?

Laxman gone, I dont see India outlasting this session now.

When I quoted that post, you had already edited it (adding something), so just making sure. :p

In any case, no excuses for that wicket. Poor form from Sachin, bad attitude and bad batting.

No he said "fucking double standards, start appealing for everything and umpire's are bound to give benefit of doubt decisions to bowlers"
Sorry, you didn't directly quote RandomVince so I had no idea you were talking about what was going through Tendulkars head rather than the explosive reaction he had to being plum LBW.

Yagharek

I am still interested why Ricky Ponting is petulant for being angry at getting out, why Ed Cowan is a bad sport for being annoyed at getting out, and why Sachin is fine for reacting just as badly when getting out because Siddle appealed for an LBW two overs prior.

There is a remarkable chain of logic going on somewhere, and I'd be keen to hear a coherent reason from irfan as to why. Of course, I already know the answer.

artist

Banned
Punter has a history of claiming bump catches, arguing with umpires even acting as umpires on occasions. Cowan was showing the same attitude when given plumb out not playing a shot, showing this attitude in your second game is pretty assholey or Punterish without his record.

Tendulkar didnt stare down at Aleem dar like either Punter or Cowan. He just shook his head and cursed on his way out much like Hussey did when he was wrongly given out at MCG.

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

But yes, ofcourse I already know you want to see something there that doesnt exist. :)

I am still interested why Ricky Ponting is petulant for being angry at getting out, why Ed Cowan is a bad sport for being annoyed at getting out, and why Sachin is fine for reacting just as badly when getting out because Siddle appealed for an LBW two overs prior.

There is a remarkable chain of logic going on somewhere, and I'd be keen to hear a coherent reason from irfan as to why. Of course, I already know the answer.

Don't ask the question then, tensions will only get flared.

Australia are winning, India are floundering. Some people see things one way and others another.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I like how it is irfan vs everyone else. Even when he is not gloating for a response with the usual bait, there are bound to be the typical pool dwellers who want to splash in the water and cause a debate. Some of you are being ridiculously childish.

Slow-mo seagulls are the most interesting thing happening at the moment. Look like everyone is waiting on the morning session.

Wonder what that noise was with the appeal, shows up on Snicko.

artist

Banned
Mussey's bowling .. smh. Looks like WACA requested Clarke to prolong this match till tomorrow.

edit: over rate is fine .. not sure whats the hurry?

Mussey's bowling .. smh. Looks like WACA requested Clarke to prolong this match till tomorrow.

edit: over rate is fine .. not sure whats the hurry?

Bowlers exhausted by the heat, no point running them ragged with the session almost over. Change of bowler has been good for Clarke recently, even Hussey has picked up several key wickets.

artist

Banned
Bowlers exhausted by the heat, no point running them ragged with the session almost over. Change of bowler has been good for Clarke recently, even Hussey has picked up several key wickets.
Four fast bowlers right? Two can rest at once. Mussey has only 6 wickets in almost 70 tests. :/ Feels like Starc was under used today.

Feels like Starc was under used today.
Paid off dividends with him out of the action after one over where he took a wicket. Came back in and would have taken out Tendulkar's leg stump if he hadn't got the pad in the way. Clarkes gamble paid off very well, someone said he was more deserving of the Punter tag than Ponting which is a fair call so far.

We have had a LOT of trouble keeping our fast bowlers out of injury so the lighter the workload the better.

Hell Pattinson is out for this match! Would hate for Hilf to go down just because they wanted to push harder than need be in a dead match.

artist

Banned
Paid off dividends with him out of the action after one over where he took a wicket.
Wasnt that more because Starc had to leave the ground for a washroom break than a tactical decision by Clarke? I mean who needs a break after bowling ONE over?
Definitely not a test bowler

Wasnt that more because Starc had to leave the ground for a washroom break than a tactical decision by Clarke? I mean who needs a break after bowling ONE over?
Definitely not a test bowler

He didn't bring him on for quite a while. Long enough for even Slater to notice it.

Clarke probably didnt even notice him, all 196cm of Starcness.
I get the impression he was hoping that line and length from Hilf and Harris would do the trick but they looked pretty tired even though they bowled well. Starc bowled a few great ones but went astray after that second over, shades of Johnson in him.

beast786

It bothers me to see Indian team struggle like a minnows. I mean they are the world champions right?

Is cricket all about home pitch?

Grug

Nice footage from the Ch.9 archive there. I remember that Ravi Shastri double century in 1992 really vividly.

One of the best innings I had ever seen. Can still remember Dean Jones taking the catch on the boundary rope and then running the full length of the field to shake Shastri's hand just before he got to the pavilion.

Meanwhile Tendulkar was blasting his own century at the other end.

Ended up a draw. Border managing to fight it out to the end while the other Australian batsmen collapsed around him.

Great days. Spent my school holidays at my grandmother's watching the whole summer of cricket.

artist

Banned
India folding as expected.

Haddin MIGHT have had something to say if he caught that catch, instead he managed make a fool out of himself even in that situation. Perfect.

Top Bottom