• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Yagharek

Courier Mail journo Greg Davis on Twitter.

Slightly harsh but I have to admit I am in a similar place. There has been some fun to be had this summer from an Aussie perspective, and it is nice to see that it looks like we are on the other side of the "bottoming out" period. Nowhere near where we want to be, but tracking upwards.

Overall though, as a sporting contest, the summer of cricket (barring the second test vs NZ) has been thoroughly uncompelling. Aussie Rules football is my primary sport by some margin. Cricket (and increasingly NFL) is normally a nice methodone shot to keep me going between footy seasons. It hasn't done the trick this year. I'm seriously toey for the AFL season to get under way. The fact that I spent the last 30 mins of that ODI working on an avatar made it hit home. :p

I reckon the West Indies might be a better contest. Or an actual contest.

tri_willy

Yuvraj has a cancer. Hope he gets well soon. Dude is a party boy. Worldcup win owes lot to him.

ESPNcricinfo staff said:
Yuvraj Singh has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in the United States. A tumour on his lung was diagnosed as non-malignant late last year, but his physiotherapist has now confirmed that it is cancerous. Dr Jatin Chaudhary said it was "100% curable" and that Yuvraj would be "fit to be back on the field" in May.

hope he makes a recovery

Zapages

England are in a good position to win the test as they have whole two days to play. :| Pakistan will need to take some wrickets to make the match good and field good without dropping any catches.

Grug

You were not here during the 47 and other recent memorable games, not shameful but cowardly. ;)

And missed just as many wins. You may have to accept that people have other things going on in their lives. The childish baiting over people not being here 24/7 is more than a little ridiculous.

I still remember you howling like a stuck pig about me not being online during a cricket game that I was actually attending.

artist

Banned
And missed just as many wins. You may have to accept that people have other things going on in their lives. The childish baiting over people not being here 24/7 is more than a little ridiculous.
Aww, but the defeats were so embarrassing that the wins are not enough to erase those lovely memories. I dont expect people to be here 24/7, thats just your exaggeration. Cant you show up after a loss? I cant imagine it being so hard but then I'm not a coward like many of you. ;)

I still remember you howling like a stuck pig about me not being online during a cricket game that I was actually attending.
I wasnt aware at the time. When people told me that you were at the match, I think I gave you enough time to show up also. But yeah, I think you were probably drunk like a whore and needed some rehab to be able to come back here and post.

Fredescu

Does anyone know why they've gone back to having a tri series? Is this a one off? Are there really 14 more games to go? Is this real life?

artist

Banned
Does anyone know why they've gone back to having a tri series? Is this a one off? Are there really 14 more games to go? Is this real life?
Didnt they have one the last time India toured as well? IIRC India won the cup by thrashing Australia 2-0.

edit: Yup.

Fredescu

They've had nothing but tri series since the 70s. A couple of years ago they realised that pitting two visiting teams that no one gives a fuck about against each other, and giving said two teams the chance to compete in a finals series that no one gives a fuck about, was a stupid idea that loses everyone a lot of money, and they should just have a 3 or 5 ODI series against the visiting teams and leave the money losing matches that no one gives a fuck about to the World Cup.

They seemed to have forgotten all about this and it's really baffling.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

With the growing Indian and Sri Lankan population in Aus they will make some coin of tickets. Overseas TV rights and stuff might make them a bit. Not a complete sink hole.

Kerrby

Banned
Thank christ for Wade, can actually bat and keep unlike Bad Hands. 2/3 MOTM performances since he's come in.

The Australian selectors will no doubt keep Bad Hands though, he must have photos of them in vulnerable positions.

142169.3.jpg

Love this pic. Just another one of the Australian fastmen enjoying the summer.

Also, go Pakistan.

artist

Banned
Just one more wicket left for England's whitewash. Their hold on the no.1 title could be the shortest ever?

Also record number of lbws EVER. England and other teams might reconsider the DRS ..

edit: Whitewash complete.

beast786

Nice.

"Pakistan have been bowled out under 100 on 13 occasions so far. They were bowled out under 100 in England three times in the 2010 tour. They have also been bowled out for sub-100 scores five times against Australia and once each against West Indies, Sri Lanka and South Africa."

bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif

Obviously not a HUGE VICTORY as India's . But we will take the white wash of the former #1

bhangra.gif

Maybe England should ask dhoti and company in how to handle emotions of being white washed?

artist

Banned
Good centuries by Younus and Azhar for putting up a fight in the second innings, seems like they are one of the few Pakistanis that cant be bought.

beast786

Good centuries by Younus and Azhar for showing up a fight in the second innings, seems like they are one of the few Pakistanis that cant be bought.

Its good that Pakistan only needed two players to white wash England . Because all eleven bought Indian players couldn't avoid being white washed by England.

artist

Banned
Cricinfo reminding us of Pakistan's Summer of Shame in 2010. lol

You didnt have to burn all the Pakisani fans in this moment. You cricinfo, you! ;) :D

beast786

You didnt have to burn all the Pakisani fans in this moment. You cricinfo, you! ;) :D

It was a horrific time for Pakistan cricket. Which turned 180 degrees. To white wash #1.

kind of opposite of India. Who went from #1 to lose 16 in a row and getting white washed. But I do give India credit for there HUGE VICTORY.

artist

Banned
Oh and OMG! I didnt know Misbah was almost 38! I thought he was in his late 20s early 30s. On the other hand Strauss looks like he could be Misbah's father.

beast786

quote of the week by cricinfo
"feels like the 90s again. India are lambs abroad, and England can't play spin in Asia. Stay with us for the presentation."

Cricinfo , you so crazy. It seem they didnt witness India's HUGE VICTORY.

artist

Banned
Now that Pakistan has finally won against a big team and not Bangladesh at home (not even home lol) their next real test is their overseas tour of South Africa which is more than a year away .. will Misbah be around till then?

edit:

Misbah said:
Azhar's innings was the big difference.
You idiot, it was Younus+Azhar. Azhar was able to stick around because Younus took the pressure off him and attacked the England bowling.

Misbah said:
We should now learn to play well outside Asia and this team can do that.
lol. While you are it, you should also learn some honesty.

Misbah said:
I think this crowd has proved that they like Test cricket.
Yes, a crowd of 11 people. :D

d[-_-]b

Banned

Well it's a good day for us in cricket, nothing can take that away, we've moved past the summer of 10.

beast786

Now that Pakistan has finally won against a big team and not Bangladesh at home (not even home lol) their next real test is their overseas tour of South Africa which is more than a year away .. will Misbah be around till then?

edit:

You idiot, it was Younus+Azhar. Azhar was able to stick around because Younus took the pressure off him and attacked the England bowling.

And after all that it's still a white wash. honestly.

edit:

The fact that two weeks ago you were calling Pakistan minnows and put England and Sth Africa above all other teams shows you know jack about the current state of cricket and your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt (I already knew this but just pointing it out to other lurkers or newbies in the thread).

Your posts are hilarious to read, so typically Indian.

Still bringning up "the shame of 2010" and "sydney shame". There is always an excuse/controversy when results go against India or in favour of any one of their rivals.

Sore losers much?

artist

Banned
The fact that two weeks ago you were calling Pakistan minnows and put England and Sth Africa above all other teams shows you know jack about the current state of cricket and your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt (I already knew this but just pointing it out to other lurkers or newbies in the thread).

Your posts are hilarious to read, so typically Indian.

Still bringning up "the shame of 2010" and "sydney shame". There is always an excuse/controversy when results go against India or in favour of any one of their rivals.

Sore losers much?
Pakistan has won on a "wrank turner" at "home". Loooong way before they can be classified with the likes of England and South Africa who have won abroad as well.

Again it goes to show that you are such a hypocrite - earlier calling Tendulkar and likes for playing well in India and when you were shown that they stats are equally good abroad, you ran away with your tail between your pussy. Now you are hailing Pakistan for winning at home? Hello double standards.

I'm only shitting on Pakistan because it makes that beastlol786 roll in his panties. I have no beef with Pakistani players, see my earlier posts. (repeating this for the 100th time) And judging from his posts right after me, I think I'm doing a good job hitting his nerves. So yeah, non-issue there and you need not twist it into something that its not - me hating real Pakistani cricket.

Sore losers are those who bowl under arm balls or get the umpires to call the opposing bowler as a chucker when he's destroying your team.

artist

Banned
I laughed.

Funny how a joke of a team such as India are number 1 in the world. Not for long it seems.
Well the second website was bought by PCB, after all they have it copyrighted. ;)

Also, its easy for sour Pakistanis to comment on India right now, which is easily in its lowest lows right now. And also they shouldnt count their chickens before they hatch or count their money before they fix matches because Pakistan are yet to tour and win overseas.

beast786

Pakistan has won on a "wrank turner" at "home". Loooong way before they can be classified with the likes of England and South Africa who have won abroad as well.

I'm only shitting on Pakistan because it makes that beastlol786 roll in his panties. I .

Funny how I am the one rolling in my panties. Yet, you are the one who put me on the ignore list. I enjoy reading your post. Seeing a fanatic fan, who's team has lost 2 series of record 4 game white washes in a row.

But, I can totally see why you have me on ignore. Because it hurts

Well the second website was bought by PCB, after all they have it copyrighted. ;)

Also, its easy for sour Pakistanis to comment on India right now, which is easily in its lowest lows right now. And also they shouldnt count their chickens before they hatch or count their money before they fix matches because Pakistan are yet to tour and win overseas.

Lol, there has been tradition of only one team regarding match fixing. Know the difference between spot fixing ant match fixing. I give india the credit were its due. Especially for this recent HUGE VICTORY and match fixing tradition.

article-2056316-0034A59D00000258-449_468x378.jpg

Regardless, Good game England and looking forward to ODI's

To be fair i don't think many people expected the England v Pakistan matches to go like they have (not that i really disagree with you).

Top Bottom