• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Loved the little bitter insecure rant by the NSW mafia in the comm box about Queensland cricket.

Not our fault people come to Queensland to become stars.

Cowan's got nothing on Kohli's stats/records/career. Joke backfire!

Who is talking records? Was merely commenting on CricketGAF making psychological judgements about players based on brief glimpses of body language.

I swear I spend half my time on here having to re-explain posts to you. I'd blame myself but I don't seem to encounter any difficulties with anyone else.

beast786

Were you crying in a corner that day? Didnt bother showing up, just like always.

How happy we're you with the HUGE VICTORY, breaking 16 game losing streak on the road.

This happy?

bhangra.gif

Yagharek

Were you crying in a corner that day? Didnt bother showing up, just like always.

I was working, then went out for dinner for (delayed) Chinese New Year.

I consoled myself with thoughts of a 4-0 Test series clean sweep. Did you celebrate the win?

beast786

I consoled myself with thoughts of a 4-0 Test series clean sweep. Did you celebrate the win?

Not loosing an inning defeat was a Moral Victory. Didn't you see Kholi jumping up and down with joy?

artist

Banned
Who is talking records? Was merely commenting on CricketGAF making psychological judgements about players based on brief glimpses of body language.

I swear I spend half my time on here having to re-explain posts to you. I'd blame myself but I don't seem to encounter any difficulties with anyone else.
You can get away with the attitude if you got a reputation. My main issue with Cowan is that he's got all of Punter's tantrums without that kind of a record. But yeah, keep away plugging at Kohli. He's an attention seeker just like Peitersen and he's enjoying it very much. ;)

Excuses, excuses, excuses - nothing's changed. lol

Grug

My main issue with Cowan is that he's got all of Punter's tantrums without that kind of a record.

Based on...? Which tantrums exactly?

As for Kholi, I didn't make a negative comment about him tonight, so you probably wasted that rant on me.

Yagharek

Grumpy old men said the same for the Kerry Packer series.

Nothing, as long you got the balls to show up in defeat. I was here ..

Pretty sure that not turning up for a win and defeat cancels it out. I put it down to a complete lack of interest in t20. Tests on the other hand are actually worth watching.

artist

Banned
Puppy getting thrashed by tailenders, failing with the bat in this game. Nice!

Selfish there Puppy, just bring on the quicks and finish it off.

edit: He does now, lol.

Yagharek

Aww, you got upset.

Go to bed bud, I'll wake you up when the "real" cricket starts in a few months.

But then I won't get to post during all the victories in the ODIs coming up.

MOTM to Wade, good job. Another Tasmanian legend in the making.

Would you like me to stay up for Sri Lanka's win over India later this week?

artist

Banned
Such a partisan & idiotic way of deciding MoM .. good luck Indian & Srilankan players, your chances just went down. Australians are surely just, example being that famous "real" cricket match which involved the Black Caps.

Yagharek

Such a partisan & idiotic way of deciding MoM .. good luck Indian & Srilankan players, your chances just went down. Australians are surely just, example being that famous "real" cricket match which involved the Black Caps.

The only reason you care about that incident is presumably because of Greg Chappell's involvement.

artist

Banned
But then I won't get to post during all the victories in the ODIs coming up.

MOTM to Wade, good job. Another Tasmanian legend in the making.

Would you like me to stay up for Sri Lanka's win over India later this week?

Why does this matter when this isn't "real" cricket anyway? lol

As for staying up .. sure! As long as you grow some balls & also show up in defeats and then later not make up excuses. ;)

Omikron

I kinda enjoyed when Australia was losing, it was a fun roller coaster and people (read other nationalities) stopped being so bitter.

Back to normality. yawn.

Rezbit

Loving that Wade is taking his chance. Pile on them runs buddy.

Bowling was okay without being amazing. Starc really does seem like Johnson but damaging with swing. McKay...really not a fan, but that ball he got Rohit with was very good. Begrudgingly giving credit. Dohie had an average game but was still there abouts.

Old mates Hussey's still gettin' it done.

Fascinating match developing in Dubai. Ingerland need 324, and according to cricinfo there is a bit of rough outside the left hander's off stump...of which they have six.

Omikron

Loving that Wade is taking his chance. Pile on them runs buddy.

Bowling was okay without being amazing. Starc really does seem like Johnson but damaging with swing. McKay...really not a fan, but that ball he got Rohit with was very good. Begrudgingly giving credit. Dohie had an average game but was still there abouts.

Old mates Hussey's still gettin' it done.

I don't see the love for McKay either.

Haddin has to be gone for T20/ODIs at a minimum now. Tests, he might get Windies tour or part there of.

Yagharek

Why does this matter when this isn't "real" cricket anyway? lol

As for staying up .. sure! As long as you grow some balls & also show up in defeats and then later not make up excuses. ;)

This post right here is the byproduct of a long, unsuccessful tour.

Postedby Harry_Koolon(February 052012, 11:44AM GMT)

We apologize for the slight blip from that Indian victory in the T20, normal service has now been resumed.

From cricinfo comments.

Grug

Courier Mail journo Greg Davis on Twitter.

GregDavis06 Greg Davis
Is the one-day series over yet? So sick of watching this inept Indian team. Bring on the footy #hadagutful

Slightly harsh but I have to admit I am in a similar place. There has been some fun to be had this summer from an Aussie perspective, and it is nice to see that it looks like we are on the other side of the "bottoming out" period. Nowhere near where we want to be, but tracking upwards.

Overall though, as a sporting contest, the summer of cricket (barring the second test vs NZ) has been thoroughly uncompelling. Aussie Rules football is my primary sport by some margin. Cricket (and increasingly NFL) is normally a nice methodone shot to keep me going between footy seasons. It hasn't done the trick this year. I'm seriously toey for the AFL season to get under way. The fact that I spent the last 30 mins of that ODI working on an avatar made it hit home. :p

Top Bottom