• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah. Surprised there aren't more people there. I understand "No 'Straya playin!" but these two teams are some of the best ODI teams.

Seeing Sangakkara and Dilshan batting together should always be watched.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah. Surprised there aren't more people there. I understand "No 'Straya playin!" but these two teams are some of the best ODI teams.

Maybe it's just cause its PURRRRTHHH

Some good batting anyway. I don't think Australia and India will know what to do if the openers don't get out for less than 10.

DeSo

Banned
Nein's HD is such shit, I'm pretty sure this is just upscaled SD.

Anyway, should be a good game, positive start from SL.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Big run out there. If Kholi has done a hammy then that's pretty bad for India all round seeing as he has been their best batsmen.

Crowds filled out as well.

artist

Banned

I went to bed when Sanga got out .. not a fan of Dilshan.

Good win but man I had hoped Ashwin would have sucked again so his ass could be dropped. Now he's got another few games ..

tri_willy

just scouting some of the performances in the pakistan domestic circuit and there's a couple of interesting players who have decent batting averages who might warrant a future test call up for pakistan once misbah and younis retire. beast786, do you know much on fawad alam and usman salahuddin?

Zapages

just scouting some of the performances in the pakistan domestic circuit and there's a couple of interesting players who have decent batting averages who might warrant a future test call up for pakistan once misbah and younis retire. beast786, do you know much on fawad alam and usman salahuddin?

fawad alam is really good and has played international but has given enough chances though. I don't know about the other guy. :\

beast786

Unman has been great in domestic cricket. There is an interview and video here http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=116531

Problem is going to be how ready will he be and are they going and willing to groom him. so much talent is wasted in Pakistan due to lack of structure , resources and coaching .

jey_16

Banned
Sri Lanka could still win this.....any one remember that game from 2010 when Srilanka were 8/100 or something and ended up winning

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Wow what a nail biter, most exiting game of the summer. Christian done good.

sri lanka lol

whats up with the low scores at the WACA :/

They have been playing a different ball from each end, so 2 new balls. They reckon that's what's doing it.

Also good luck to Afghanistan, first ODI game today. Think the Taliban tried to ban cricket but they had no chance and had to allow it.

midonnay

lol from 2005....

dude we've been rebuilding.

Most teams have trouble travelling......but the TRUELY TOP teams like Australia and the West indies of old find a way to win......or at least are competitive.

India getting trashed 8 overseas test matches in a row is embarrassing in that regards (as they were APPARENTLY number 1 test team not that long ago)

If they had shown some fight like the battles we had earlier in the 2000's then it would have been more respectable.

artist

Banned
lol from 2005....
Exactly what I expected, excuses. Its not me that picked this and before you go off with ad hominem on the author, go read his previous articles and see how harsh he is on India. Results from the previous 7-8 is a decent metric to judge how the teams have done. Clearly India has played the most cricket (add four seasons of IPL) and its probably a mix of orthodox, old mindset and fatigue that has finally caught up with them.

dude we've been rebuilding.
I can say the same and point at the recent Indian overseas results, which are included in this analysis. :D

Most teams have trouble travelling......but the TRUELY TOP teams like Australia and the West indies of old find a way to win......or at least are competitive.
Agreed. But that is not the point of contention here (quality of old WI or Aus teams). The point here was the overseas track record.

India getting trashed 8 overseas test matches in a row is embarrassing in that regards (as they were APPARENTLY number 1 test team not that long ago)

If they had shown some fight like the battles we had earlier in the 2000's then it would have been more respectable.
It is embarassing, sure. But the people gloating about it dont have their teams doing that well either, in Pakistan's case worse.

Top Bottom