• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
capturezdjue.png

1280508019826emwy.gif

artist

Banned
India pakistan need to start war or annual cricket championship
Nah dude, we dont need another war. Last time (kargil) Pokistan tried their hand and got caned on their asses so much that they were red and had to run back while also begging America to step in and stop it, lol.

artist

Banned
Not a Dhoni fan but sheesh ..

MS Dhoni, the India captain, has proved to be just as successful off the field as he has been on the field. Forbes magazine has ranked him as the highest-paid cricketer, as well as the highest-paid athlete in India for the period from June 2011 to June 2012.

Dhoni tops not only team-mate Sachin Tendulkar, but also global stars like Olympic 100m champion Usain Bolt, Novak Djokovic, the tennis World No.1, and England and Manchester United striker, Wayne Rooney.

According to the magazine, Dhoni made a total of US$ 26.5 million, of which $23 million was earned from endorsements and $3.5 million from salary and prize money. That puts him 31st on the list while Tendulkar was 78th, with total earnings of $18.6 million, of which $16.5 were from endorsements.

Dhoni ballin'

182152_10151050990177gjki4.jpg

Thats him riding a $50K bike.

And to think there were a few butthurt Aussies (Gruggy being one) who were having orgasms when Dhoni got a penalized a percentage of his match fee :lol

For this performance, I deserve all the smack talk in the world.

No you don't. Team does. Both india and pak team does. They all need break from cricket. Now a days no series is exciting. Cricket is over played. Surprised that irfan did not shouted from the roof yet lol.

artist

Banned
What is there to shout? Pakistani cricketer banned for life for fixing related offences, Pakistani team playing miserably anywhere outside of home (places where India excelled), everything is normal ..

And yeah he deserves the smack talk.

And to think there were a few butthurt Aussies (Gruggy being one) who were having orgasms when Dhoni got a penalized a percentage of his match fee :lol

The orgasms weren't over him not being able to afford it, it was about him finally getting fined and penalised for slow over rate on top of their disastrous Australian tour. It was like icing on the cake.

Motorbike - $50,000
Endorsements - $30,000,000
Getting fined and penalized for slow over rate after getting flogged under the hot Aussies sun for three months - priceless.

artist

Banned
To be honest, there is very little actual cricket discussion thanks to the artist in residence.
Atleast I dont go into a hiding when your team gets taken to the cleaners.

The orgasms weren't over him not being able to afford it, it was about him finally getting fined and penalised for slow over rate on top of their disastrous Australian tour. It was like icing on the cake.

Motorbike - $50,000
Endorsements - $30,000,000
Getting fined and penalized for slow over rate after getting flogged under the hot Aussies sun for three months - priceless.
Uhh, that doesnt change the situation one bit. Penalizing him monetarily was of in consequence to Dhoni, given his earnings. They should have banned him good for a 3 tests or more. Thanks for proving my point.

Atleast I dont go into a hiding when your team gets taken to the cleaners.

Uhh, that doesnt change the situation one bit. Penalizing him monetarily was of in consequence to Dhoni, given his earnings. They should have banned him good for a 3 tests or more. Thanks for proving my point.

You missed the point. He did get banned, thats what we were laughing at.

He could make all the money in the world, but he still had to face the humiliation of being banned for slow over rate on top of already being flogged for three months. When he thought the summer couldn't get any worse, he gets banned for slow over rate of all things.

That is the priceless part.

That was what was so funny for Aussie supporters.

artist

Banned
You missed the point. He did get banned, thats what we were laughing at.

He could make all the money in the world, but he still had to face the humiliation of being banned for slow over rate on top of already being flogged for three months. When he thought the summer couldn't get any worse, he gets banned for slow over rate of all things.

That is the priceless part.

That was what was so funny for Aussie supporters.
I went back in this thread, actually all of Indian team was fined and Aussies were laughing at that. Anyway, carry on ..

I went back in this thread, actually all of Indian team was fined and Aussies were laughing at that. Anyway, carry on ..

Exactly, they were laughing at the humiliation India were experiencing. When things looked like they can't get any worse, they do.

When the whole team gets fined for slow over rate, on top of getting a drubbing and humiliated out on the field, it is funny no matter how much they are getting paid because it makes a bad performance even worse.

If india were winning and got the fine, it would not have been funny.

There is a huge difference in the scenarios which make the fine funny and not funny and it has nothing to do with how much they are getting paid. If you can't see the difference, then obviously you will not be able to understand why all the Aussie fans were laughing.

artist

Banned
As usual the point (and everything else) just goes over your head. Monetary penalizing for Indian cricketers is of no consequence. I made a joke to Gruggy that even after getting penalized they make more per match than the Aussie cricketers. Of all the things they could give two shits about, the match fee is the last thing on their mind. Same cannot be said of other cricketers.

As usual the point (and everything else) just goes over your head. Monetary penalizing for Indian cricketers is of no consequence. I made a joke to Gruggy that even after getting penalized they make more per match than the Aussie cricketers. Of all the things they could give two shits about, the match fee is the last thing on their mind. Same cannot be said of other cricketers.

No what we were lauguing at has gone over your head.

It's not the fine, it's the 'vibe' of the fine (to paraphrase a great Aussie film).

Getting fined after getting thrashed makes getting thrashed even funnier for the victors.

If they were fined only $20, it would would have been even funnier.

artist

Banned
No what we were lauguing at has gone over your head.

It's not the fine, it's the 'vibe' of the fine (to paraphrase a great Aussie film).

Getting fined after getting thrashed makes getting thrashed even funnier for the victors.

If they were fined only $20, it would would have been even funnier.
So Tiger Woods losing a tournament and then gets fined for 40K .. I'm in splits right now.

Makes sense as much as Tendulkar's overseas stats are not good. :lol

So Tiger Woods losing a tournament and then gets fined for 40K .. I'm in splits right now.

If he was fined for slow play after hitting +25 for the round, then yes, there is some humor in it.

The humor in the indian fine is that even after going through the humiliation of being thrashed, they get fined for slow over rate, which had no bearing on the result anyway, but makes their performance look even worse.

India were performing so badly in almost all areas of the game, batting, bowling, fielding, even over rate, that they became a laughing stock.

beast786

What is there to shout? Pakistani cricketer banned for life for fixing related offences, Pakistani team playing miserably anywhere outside of home (places where India excelled), everything is normal ..

And yeah he deserves the smack talk.

Lol. Wat?

We have been playing outside of home for years,LOL. And india winning away. So the world record losing white washes never happened?

It's just common sense. Fining millionaires some penny change is not funny, unless you reaching for something.

You still don't get it, it isn't about the amount the fine is, it's the fact that they got fined.

I play cricket with a few Indians at my club and they can't see any humor in half the things we laugh at.

I tried telling one indian team mate "well done on the michelle pfeiffer", as in aussie rhyming slang a michelle pfeiffer is a "five-for". He couldn't see any link between the actress and cricket so could find no humor in it at all. I told him there was no link other than the rhyme in words and after that he thought it was "stupid".

beast786

BIG MORALE VICTORY TO POKISTAN for taking the test to day 4. :lol

"Home lions, get a taste of MASSIVE overseas mauling. .

It's like talking about Indian world record white was with inning defeats over seas.

Except no moral victory for not even taking it to the 4th day. LMAO

tri_willy

phil hughes has quit new south wales and has signed with south australia in an attempt to resurrect his test career... wow, a lot of detractors accusing him of being a flat track bully haha

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Aussies before result: Many
Aussies after result: None

146874.jpg

Where is Salazar to rub this one in?

Most of us were probably still asleep. I only just woke up and saw the result 10 mins ago...
Like I said earlier it was Morgan's saving innings at the end that probably got them a larger total than we could handle.
Honestly, if there's one team I don't mind getting beaten by it's England. The games are always entertaining win or lose.

I was really hoping we'd get another test series against them around this time. It's the highlight of cricket for me.

Yagharek

Aussies before result: Many
Aussies after result: None
Where is Salazar to rub this one in?

What planet are you on? Australians at the moment dont really care for cricket since it is winter and other local sports are getting more attention. Thats the way the country is.

If this was the Ashes series, yes, there would be more interest.

I have to ask though irfan, when are you going to get over your obsession with neogaf headcounts by nationality before and after practice matches? It was cute 6 months ago, but in the 6 months since India vs Australia, it seems like every single post of yours is "huge moral victory" or "lol fans of team x/y/z arent posting they lost hur hur".

You're obviously a big fan of cricket, perhaps you could talk about the game instead of playground jibes? That might keep more people in the thread.

artist

Banned
Most of us were probably still asleep. I only just woke up and saw the result 10 mins ago...
Like I said earlier it was Morgan's saving innings at the end that probably got them a larger total than we could handle.
Honestly, if there's one team I don't mind getting beaten by it's England. The games are always entertaining win or lose.

I was really hoping we'd get another test series against them around this time. It's the highlight of cricket for me.
Eh, I know .. just pulling your leg. Few months back when India lost, a few of your mates pounded me when in my time zone it was night time .. I posted the next morning anyway, I dont hide like some people ;)

What planet are you on? Australians at the moment dont really care for cricket since it is winter and other local sports are getting more attention. Thats the way the country is.

If this was the Ashes series, yes, there would be more interest.

I have to ask though irfan, when are you going to get over your obsession with neogaf headcounts by nationality before and after practice matches? It was cute 6 months ago, but in the 6 months since India vs Australia, it seems like every single post of yours is "huge moral victory" or "lol fans of team x/y/z arent posting they lost hur hur".

You're obviously a big fan of cricket, perhaps you could talk about the game instead of playground jibes? That might keep more people in the thread.
Take it easy .. I dont care why Australians dont give importance to this series. Its sort of like a mini-measure up for the Ashes, has enough at stake to pique interest.

SuperBonk

As a fellow supporter of Indian cricket, I feel like I have to apologize for this artist guy.

You really need to calm down and stop taking things so personally under the guise of joking around. It's really making this thread unreadable and discouraging others from joining in. Every time I click on this thread it's just a clusterfuck of the same arguments between you and beast.

Yagharek

As a fellow supporter of Indian cricket, I feel like I have to apologize for this artist guy.

You really need to calm down and stop taking things so personally under the guise of joking around. It's really making this thread unreadable and discouraging others from joining in. Every time I click on this thread it's just a clusterfuck of the same arguments between you and beast.

See I like you already and you barely post here. Or at least what Ive noticed. Which is a shame.

artist/irfan: can you please dial it back to zero. Go for your team, rate other sides and their performance. But please, for the sake of the thread, quit the "who turned up after their team lost" and "moral victory" rubbish. (Might be an idea if beast called a truce on this too - both of you egg each other on way too much).

Cricket discussion has been toxic for too many years here and it detracts from the good stuff in the sport such as the competitive and even nature of international cricket as it stands right now.

South Africa and England seem to have a fantastic batting lineup and some damn good bowlers. They both look like they are on the brink of a golden era.

Australia is rebuilding with some promising young players after their own dominant era. West Indies have some exciting batsmen and a hope of getting better with more players interested in the t20 format.

Pakistan seem to have some great natural talent, and are a very dangerous side. Aside from the administrative side of their game, they are a good thing for cricket. India are coming to the tail end of their golden era with top individual players, but they are the financial hub of the game and they have the chance to start afresh with impending retirements. Sri Lanka never seem to go away, lots of talent there and occasionally it bubbles up to insane levels in ODIs especially, where they have changed the very nature of the game on a few occasions.

New Zealand are a nice team too. >.>

It'd be nice just to see some cricket talk rather than the same old trash talk that goes beyond friendly banter.

artist

Banned

Where we you when Grug posted a picture of a dead rat and said it was India?

Anyway, thread was fine with rivalry until beast showed up and then it hit rock bottom. I'm only rubbing it in his face so he realizes his schtick when served back is not fun. I know a lot of my Pakistani friends would consider him a disgrace on Pakistani cricket fan. IRL you will probably not get a bigger supporter of sub-continent cricket teams than me.

Top Bottom