• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

beast786

pick one batsman, bowler, all rounder and wicket keeper that will be in top XI of any era.

Batsman: Viv Richards. His batting style is just so wild. you know you gonna get ass whopped when he comes to crease. He was good at playing almost everything.

Bowler: wasim akram. Due to his Flexibility to adopt. There are many many option for this. Second option would be one of hte great west indian bowlers.

All rounder: Kallis.

Wicket keeper: Gilchrist. In his prime he was a lethal force.

I would take Imran Khan over Kallis. Imran bowling of early years and batting of late years. Plus, a great captian. :)

My fav pakistan batsman to watch was saeed anwar, best opener pakistan ever had, and an amazing timer of the ball.

Overall batsman, is a tough one. Viv was pretty damn good. But, I also remember sunil G. He was as stubborn as they come.

I would take Imran Khan over Kallis. Imran bowling of early years and batting of late years. Plus, a great captian. :)

My fav pakistan batsman to watch was saeed anwar, best opener pakistan ever had, and an amazing timer of the ball.

Overall batsman, is a tough one. Viv was pretty damn good. But, I also remember sunil G. He was as stubborn as they come.

Imran khan was awesome but I took in consideration every kind of match all the decades. Pakistan had a golden period during his time. Wasim, waqar and imran.

beast786

Imran khan was awesome but I took in consideration every kind of match all the decades. Pakistan had a golden period during his time. Wasim, waqar and imran.

Khan was a premier fierce fast bowler in all format. Slugger in start and then came as low as 1st down at the end of his carrier. Captain his team to first world cup in Australia.

Good start by SL.

beast786

Nice come back. Road to recovery continues. Beating NZ,WI,SL, sweeping Eng the #1 test ranked team, winning Asia Cup and now on the road tied up SL at home.

Great performance by Sami and afridi.

Loving how irfan post about sami and next game he bowl a match winner. LOL

Looking forward for him to hide now, just like he cries and blame other for hiding. Hopefully, he will post highlights and sami pictures again. LMAO

artist

Banned
HUGE MORAL VICTORY for Pakistan, lucky that it was one of those Afridi days or else it would have been another case of a HUGE MORAL VICTORY of one of their bowlers being not out in the end. :D

beast786

HUGE MORAL VICTORY for Pakistan, lucky that it was one of those Afridi days or else it would have been another case of a HUGE MORAL VICTORY of one of their bowlers being not out in the end. :D

Lol , what does that even mean.

Yea, one of those days for the best all rounder in 20/20 history. LOL

As expected. No pictures, videos. :(

Nice to see top 3 asia teams. SL, asia cup final bangladesh and winner Pakistan playing great cricket.

artist

Banned
Post did its job .. nice!
Imran Khan isnt even in my top 3 all-time all rounders, even though the '92 Pakistam team is my fav Pakistam team. The guy had more charisma and leader ship qualities than his actual bowling/batting.

beast786

Post did its job .. nice!

Imran Khan isnt even in my top 3 all-time all rounders, even though the '92 Pakistam team is my fav Pakistam team. The guy had more charisma and leader ship qualities than his actual bowling/batting.

Yes, your job really took away the sting of pakistan Victory?

lol

Its like reality is not even close to him.

Was one of the top 3 pace bowler of his time. Batted up the order during WC and latter in career as a pillar of support and strength whenever pakistan was down.

LOL

Window

I'm not really that knowledgeable about previous eras of cricket but one criticism I've seen labelled against Imran is that he did not perform with the bat and the ball at the same time in comparison to other great allrounders. Mainly that he was a world class bowler earlier on his career and then developed into a world class batsmen in the second half (avged over 50 I think) but during this his bowling ability dropped. Regardless though he's a pretty phenomenal cricketer.

artist

Banned
I'm not really that knowledgeable about previous eras of cricket but one criticism I've seen labelled against Imran is that he did not perform with the bat and the ball at the same time in comparison to other great allrounders. Mainly that he was a world class bowler earlier on his career and then developed into a world class batsmen in the second half (avged over 50 I think) but during this his bowling ability dropped. Regardless though he's a pretty phenomenal cricketer.
Yup. Besides that his persona is bigger than his personal records because of his humanitarian efforts and his political involvement. He's like a mini god in Pakistan.

beast786

that is a fair criticism. he actually came as a middle order batsma in his actual debut. but was more of a slugger in start. But early on he was one of top 3 pace bowler.

Over his career he got restricted with injuries. And then evolve into a world class batsman. he also brought intangible with him, which lead him as the best captain for Pakistan.

Imran also took wasim under his wing and helped him change and learn from imran mistake. I think if you pick sober, imran or kallis you are going to be wrong.

Thing with imran was that unlike kallis. imran was at leat top in the world at bowling. hence, was expected to be a match winner.

Window

that is a fair criticism. he actually came as a middle order batsma in his actual debut. but was more of a slugger in start. But early on he was one of top 3 pace bowler.

Over his career he got restricted with injuries. And then evolve into a world class batsman. he also brought intangible with him, which lead him as the best captain for Pakistan.

Imran also took wasim under his wing and helped him change and learn from imran mistake. I think if you pick sober, imran or kallis you are going to be wrong.

Thing with imran was that unlike kallis. imran was at leat top in the world at bowling. hence, was expected to be a match winner.

Oh for sure you're right. Imran's contribution to Pakistan cricket team was far more than just his on field performances. Also, I would pick most other allrounders before Kallis so yeah (hoping crazy monkey doesn't kill me...).

Oh for sure you're right. Imran's contribution to Pakistan cricket team was far more than just his on field performances. Also, I would pick most other allrounders before Kallis so yeah (hoping crazy monkey doesn't kill me...).

lol no worries. My kallis roles alone. Kallis has zero personality and charm and imran is full of it so I can understand. I wish cricinfo still had that player vs player comparison stats. It would be fun to analyze.

beast786

Congrats to pakistan and its road to recovery.

Also, ironic how irfan only post when pakistan is losing... Ironic.

Hopefully, he will post Sami picture. Great performance by him.

Also, Huge moral victory to India for NOT losing today.

Bhangra_Dancer.gif

beast786

HUGE MORALE VICTORY for Pokistani team, especially with the 37 strike rate of Misbah. Good job!

Bhangra_Dancer.gif

Not as Huge Moral victory as Kholi jumping all over the place after his 100 in a white wash world record breaking loss to Aussie.

Too bad indian fans cant even rely on pakistan defeat for some type of moral victory. Tough times.

artist

Banned
Pakistan earlier in the day;

146305.jpg

Pakistan later in the day;

146317.jpg

Complete dominance by SL today. This win was far more one-sided than the Pakistan's labored win in the first game.

Perera fucked Pakistan up with the 6 wicket haul.

HUGE MORALE VICTORY FOR Pokistan that Rahat Ali was not out in the end.

beast786

what a surprise irfan hides when pakistan wins. Which has been often.

Labored win. Indian fans would take a labored win over world recording losing whitewashed tours.

artist

Banned
The Pakistani butthurt is glorious. I wonder how beast is rolling around in his bed with this mauling.

And holy crap, a big FUCK YOU to Viv Richards from Ramdin .. havent seen this kind of response before ..

146336.jpg

beast786

The Pakistani butthurt is glorious. I wonder how beast is rolling around in his bed with this mauling

I dont know. As an indian fan who got white washed record breaking style 2 X times and lost to bangladesh in Asia cup, maybe you can tell me how can I get over this one loss in one day ... LOL. Even though last I checked series is tied.

Another HUGE MORAL VICTORY FOR india and its fans for not losing today.

beast786

Wait, Indian fans MORAL VICTORY is a Pakistan Postponed match in a tie series? LMAO, things are worse than i thought. LOL

Imagine how pakistani fans were celebrating indian world record breaking losing white wash streak tour X 2 and losing to Bangladesh in LAST place finish in Asia Cup. LOL

Yagharek

man I was watching some old videos. Where did classic fast bowler go. Fuck this batting dominated cricket.

I really miss the old West Indies bowling giants. Aggressive, intimidatory bowling and right on target too (well, on target with everything except over rates).

England and S. Africa have some top fast bowlers, and Australia has several young ones coming through now. Hopefully things will pick up in the next couple of years.

I too miss the days of great fast bowlers but is the state of spin bowling any better? I feel so spoilt growing up in an era with the likes of Murali, Warne, Kumble etc. It was pretty much a golden age of spinners and now it feels like most of them are mediocre to garbage and only really hold their spots as a token spinner in the line-up.

Nothing compares to the pressure mounted by a good spinner (despite not really liking the Australian team Warne was my favourite player to watch).

Steyn is good but my point of view was regarding that teams with great bowling attack. Warne kumble and murli were last spinners. Now a days we have nothing. It think we will go through phase of dull stars and hopefully few more will emerge.

artist

Banned
Steyn is good but my point of view was regarding that teams with great bowling attack. Warne kumble and murli were last spinners. Now a days we have nothing. It think we will go through phase of dull stars and hopefully few more will emerge.
Ugh, I think it'll be a few good years before we get the next batch of great spinners. We have all pretenders now with only Narine being a some what unknown wildcard.

beast786

What a surprise that irfan post only AFTER the lost. Funny how he says exactly the same about everyone else.

Oh pakistan lost a One day match and that is a HUGE MORAL VICTORY for the record breaking 2XTimes White washing losing test series ,last place finish in asia cup Indian fans.

artist

Banned
I'm loving sticking the Pakistani losses to beast, guy must be having a meltdown .. :lol

For the record's sake, India's last series in SL, India won the series 4-1. Sting!

edit: Cricinfo also making fun of Pakistan, awesome.

capturemjxu3.png

beast786

Real sting for Asia Cup champion just last month. And a series just 1-2. If I am getting sting with down 1-2 series . How were you with 2 X White wash world record lost in test and last place in asia cup?

As per India 4-1 win............ LMAO 2008-9 LMAO. HUGE MORAL VICTORY FOR INDIAN fans for winning 4-1 in 2008-9 ODI series. LMAO

artist

Banned
Perfect. I'm pretty sure beast is bringing up some other unrelated results deflecting attention away from the SL series. Awesome, Pakistani butthurt is the best butthurt.

And 13 years ago;

206096_10150875550152555_458677286_n.jpg

Cant forget how loud I cheered for this.

beast786

Perfect. I'm pretty sure beast is bringing up some other unrelated results deflecting attention away from the SL series. Awesome, Pakistani butthurt is the best butthurt.

And just one post above.

For the record's sake, India's last series in SL, India won the series 4-1. Sting!

LMAO. Seems like this World record losing white wash had a mental effect to indian fans.

Top Bottom