• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

nOoblet16

Just stumbled upon in this thread for this first time and the tone here is really really aggressive guys..i mean seriously WTF is going on in this thread : | here i thought it would be a more subtle thread filled with some witty english humour and friendly admiration for the game but all i see is people taking this shit too seriously

artist

Banned
See I like you already and you barely post here. Or at least what Ive noticed. Which is a shame.

artist/irfan: can you please dial it back to zero. Go for your team, rate other sides and their performance. But please, for the sake of the thread, quit the "who turned up after their team lost" and "moral victory" rubbish. (Might be an idea if beast called a truce on this too - both of you egg each other on way too much).
You will find me only returning the trash talk rather stirring up shit i.e. dont call my absence in this thread for a few hours after the team's defeat as hiding and I wont be on the lookout for the said people. And yes I can easily go back to pre-beast era provided thread returns back to it's original state.

Cricket discussion has been toxic for too many years here and it detracts from the good stuff in the sport such as the competitive and even nature of international cricket as it stands right now.

South Africa and England seem to have a fantastic batting lineup and some damn good bowlers. They both look like they are on the brink of a golden era.

Australia is rebuilding with some promising young players after their own dominant era. West Indies have some exciting batsmen and a hope of getting better with more players interested in the t20 format.

Pakistan seem to have some great natural talent, and are a very dangerous side. Aside from the administrative side of their game, they are a good thing for cricket. India are coming to the tail end of their golden era with top individual players, but they are the financial hub of the game and they have the chance to start afresh with impending retirements. Sri Lanka never seem to go away, lots of talent there and occasionally it bubbles up to insane levels in ODIs especially, where they have changed the very nature of the game on a few occasions.

New Zealand are a nice team too. >.>

It'd be nice just to see some cricket talk rather than the same old trash talk that goes beyond friendly banter.
Uhh .. I said the exact the same thing (SA & Eng being top, Aus rebuilding) few months back and ended up wasting my time on chicko ..

Yagharek

You will find me only returning the trash talk rather stirring up shit i.e. dont call my absence in this thread for a few hours after the team's defeat as hiding and I wont be on the lookout for the said people. And yes I can easily go back to pre-beast era provided thread returns back to it's original state.

Be the bigger man and put him on ignore. Or both of you come to some mutual arrangement not to keep it going. Otherwise, as several others have posted, no-one will post in this thread and it will remain as it is now; pointless 99% of the time.

It's time everyone moved on from the old bullshit. No excuses!

SuperBonk

See I like you already and you barely post here. Or at least what Ive noticed. Which is a shame.

I never post here cause I'm not very well versed in the sport. I grew up watching the sport in India, but moved to the US when I was young and didn't get much if any exposure to the sport. Watched the 2003 world cup final where we got absolutely demolished and then watched the entire 2011 world cup which was a lot of fun. Been trying to lurk in this thread trying to learn more about the game ever since.

But it's hard to learn anything when every page is filled with artist acting like a jackass.

India lost a few series, quite badly in fact. Who cares? The team played poorly and they deserve to be mocked for it. Get over it. Shit like this is absolutely uncalled for:

Nah dude, we dont need another war. Last time (kargil) Pokistan tried their hand and got caned on their asses so much that they were red and had to run back while also begging America to step in and stop it, lol.

Yagharek

Points well taken, superbonk.

Speaking of India, my first memory of their cricket team was back in 1991 or 92 I think, when they toured Australia for a test series. There was a very annoying (read: talented) batsman who decided to bat for entire days at the boxing day test at the MCG.

I think shane warne also debuted that match, or series at least.

artist

Banned
Be the bigger man and put him on ignore. Or both of you come to some mutual arrangement not to keep it going. Otherwise, as several others have posted, no-one will post in this thread and it will remain as it is now; pointless 99% of the time.

It's time everyone moved on from the old bullshit. No excuses!
I already put him on ignore. Let's see if he takes this offer and this silliness can come to an end.

I never post here cause I'm not very well versed in the sport. I grew up watching the sport in India, but moved to the US when I was young and didn't get much if any exposure to the sport. Watched the 2003 world cup final where we got absolutely demolished and then watched the entire 2011 world cup which was a lot of fun. Been trying to lurk in this thread trying to learn more about the game ever since.

But it's hard to learn anything when every page is filled with artist acting like a jackass.

India lost a few series, quite badly in fact. Who cares? They team played poorly and they deserve to be mocked for it. Get over it. Shit like this is absolutely uncalled for:
It's purely for beast's consumption. Look up my posts on Pakistani cricket team before beast started trollin'

Its easy and convenient to come in here, see one side of the story and start passing out conclusions.

artist

Banned
Some one tell me if beast has taken up Vince's proposal or wants to continue his usual schtick ..

so what about these t20's happening in Florida. Hopefully we get a good match today. Go Gayle.
Looks like a very beautiful stadium

lauderhillstadium128126kaw.jpg

lauderhillstadium2281mhk84.jpg

master15

Pat Cummings looks out. I mean I understand with the international schedules these days some fast bowlers unable to have such sustained careers but really, Cummings has barley played any cricket and is already out for the rest of the series.

master15

Ravi picking up Clarke. Hang your head in shame pup.

It's kind of late here with drab Sky commentary doubt I will make it through this whole innings. Important for Watson to kick on for Australia to put up a decent score.

tri_willy

i will never understand the logic of playing paul forrest in an odi... he is merely a poor man's version of a dravid, which is rather an insult to dravid since he was quite the cricketer

master15

Bed time, I don't think Aussie put enough runs on the board frankly. Plus they've started rather poorly and been rather sloppy in the field.

Edit: Johnson self imploding with the no-balls here.

artist

Banned
Meh, boring game. Completely devoid of any excitement ..

146950.jpg

Hopefully the 2nd T20 between Windies and Black caps is more evenly fought.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What a laughable effort from Australia.

Update: Well... 200 isn't too bad considering where they were earlier, 96/6. Let's see what kind of bowling effort they dish up this time.

artist

Banned
Jeez ... so much wrong with this Australian team. I mean why the fuck is Forrest playing and not Mussey? Why is Bailey playing when Steven Smith is much better than him ..

artist

Banned
Farewell Boucher.

147183.jpg

Mark Boucher has retired from international cricket after undergoing surgery on the severe eye injury he sustained on the opening day against Somerset. Boucher admitted he faces an "uncertain recovery" after his three-hour operation on Monday evening.

Boucher had to leave the field at the end of the 46th over of Somerset's innings on Monday when a googly from Imran Tahir hit the stumps and a dislodged bail struck Boucher in the left eye. He was diagnosed with a lacerated eyeball and he will return to South Africa as soon as he is able to travel.

In a statement read out by Graeme Smith, Boucher said: "It is with sadness, and in some pain, that I make this announcement. Due to the severity of my eye injury, I will not be able to play international cricket again.

Window

Boucher :( it's even worse if he had plans to play domestic cricket after retirement. I wonder what the bastman and Tahir (the bowler) feel like right now (no I don't hold them responsible but wondering if they somehow feel responsible which will terrible especially in Tahir's case as he's part of SA's team).

Boucher :( it's even worse if he had plans to play domestic cricket after retirement. I wonder what the bastman and Tahir (the bowler) feel like right now (no I don't hold them responsible but wondering if they somehow feel responsible which will terrible especially in Tahir's case as he's part of SA's team).

Tahir especially must be holding him self responsible for sure.

master15

lee is also retiring. man that generation will be gone soon.

Yeah very sad news but not surprising given his string of injuries.

As someone that's always been a huge fan of quality fast bowling, watching Lee over the years steaming in with his fast yorkers was a blast.

4106476.jpg

master15

Anyone going to stay up and watch England vs Saffers first day? I have to say it's probably one of the only benefits of being home; easy access to watch cricket.

Will probably stay up for first session.

Window

Anyone going to stay up and watch England vs Saffers first day? I have to say it's probably one of the only benefits of being home; easy access to watch cricket.

Will probably stay up for first session.

Oh yes most definitely. Most awaited series of the year for me.

master15

Seeing it live I thought Strauss was plumb, surprised they took as long to debate whether to refer it.

Good call, bye bye Strauss. Saffers draw first blood.

Meadows

Banned
South Africa aren't managing this well. Obviously they're on top but I think it will be a draw. England's batting attack is good enough to quite easily see it out to a draw. They should have declared on 550/600.

The pitch isn't doing anything at all. They aren't being aggressive enough in their declaration.

haha, TMS:

"Trott is coming into the attack now...or defense"

Top Bottom