• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Meadows

Banned
poor Bopara, they're making him bowl and bowl. Maybe it's punishment for his duck.

He HAS got one test wicket though, be funny if he ended this Amla innings.

Meadows

Banned
fuck

looks like they're getting more out of the pitch than we did. Maybe because their bowlers are fresh. We just need to see out today without losing any more wickets.

Meadows

Banned
Oh dear, Pietersen.

that lad is a liability. God knows why he was playing that aggressively, probably in some childish argument about wanting to "play his way".

Disgraceful, absolutely shambolic. Not a team player at all. He isn't a blocker but that's what ECC needed him to be at the here and now. Furious. Now we need a hero to step forward.

Window

England needs Collingwood for a situation like this (no I'm not suggesting to recall him to the team, just saying someone needs to adopt his gameplan here).

Should've put a tenner on SA when they were 15 to 1 to win it. I was about to, to hedge my happiness, but had to rush for the train and ended up missing out.

master15

Who would have called this after the first day of play? Stunning fightback by the Saffers lead by their spirited bowling effort in first session of day 2.

England will have to make some changes.

We got absolutely dominated by the Saffas. 20 wickets vs 2 wickets, absolute carnage. Would've been unjust, but oh so beautiful, if we managed to scrape a draw.

Chili

I just wonder whether England's bowling unit can be considered top-tier still. A few years ago I would have easily rated them up there as one of the best strikeforces in Test cricket but I'm not sure there is any comparison now next to South Africa and even Pakistan who created problems for them at the start of the year (when the alarm bells should have started ringing). Will they bowl out this South Africa team at all this tour? (Also, this should have been a four-match tour!).

Window

I only started watching cricket in the early 2000's so I've never seen the Indian team at its lowest point but surely their recent run must come close. What an abysmal batting display in today's ODI. Scary thing is that this is not even their primary concern (as always it's the bowling, the innings isn't even half way over and they have already bowled more wides than SL).

I only started watching cricket in the early 2000's so I've never seen the Indian team at its lowest point but surely their recent run must come close. What an abysmal batting display in today's ODI. Scary thing is that this is not even their primary concern (as always it's the bowling, the innings isn't even half way over and they have already bowled more wides than SL).

They are almost always at lowest point.

Curufinwe

It is really great to see a decent batting performance by a NZ top order for once.

Of course Guptil threw his wicket away on 97 and still doesn't have a century against a top test playing nation.

artist

Banned
The SL-Ind ongoing series is boring. I'm having more fun watching the NZ v WI .. if the Black caps keep dropping so many catches, pretty sure Gayle will get to 300/400. :/

master15

It is really great to see a decent batting performance by a NZ top order for once.

Of course Guptil threw his wicket away on 97 and still doesn't have a century against a top test playing nation.

Too bad Gayle came in and spanked them around the ground.

Watching NZ string together a consistent performance in a test match is an exercise in futility.

Edit: What happened with ball tampering against NZ bowler?

master15

Oh dear not England's morning. Cook dropping a sitter and then deadball called with Finn bowling as he keeps hitting the stumps.

Meadows

Banned
Finn needs to stop hitting the stumps over every other fucking delivery

But as the commentators say, it's not fair on England, dead balls haven't been called when he's hit the stumps and the ball goes for 4. It's only when he got the wicket.

master15

But as the commentators say, it's not fair on England, dead balls haven't been called when he's hit the stumps and the ball goes for 4. It's only when he got the wicket.

Disagree, umpire as per the rules had every right to call it a dead ball. I think Davis gave Finn a bit of an allowance the first 2-3 times, although it seems Smith did make mention of this being a distraction. By the forth or fifth time if you're an international bowler and you can't bowl without hitting the stumps, sorry but I don't have too much sympathy.

Now with all of that said, I don't think Finn really put Smith off and it was a nice delivery.

3Sixty

At a point today.

Former England seamer Mike Selvey, of the Guardian: "In the series, KP is England's leading run scorer, wicket-taker, has highest score, best bowling figures and best strike rate with bat and ball."

:lol

master15

Christ anyone keeping pace with the KP fiasco happening? Talk about a right mess.

I guess that means England are going to win the third test ;)

mclem

Alice Cooper. On TMS. Talking about his friendship with Tim Rice. MY HEAD HURTS.

Edit: HE BROUGHT IN A CAKE. My worldview is broken.

master15

Nice wag by Tail especially Philander with 50. 300+ is going to be interesting to see how English top order fair against some swing.

Top Bottom