• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Why was this match scheduled up against the Australian Open final. Sounds like it is even more tense than this.

tri_willy

snaildog said:
WTF's wrong with Mills? Our only decent fast bowler since Jesus (Bond) was sacrificed on the cross (ICL).

:lol

bond was sure one of their best bowlers possibly since hadlee. mills isnt too bad either

medrew

snaildog said:
WTF's wrong with Mills? Our only decent fast bowler since Jesus (Bond) was sacrificed on the cross (ICL).

He's a medium pacer like all our other bowlers (Bond being an exception, and before that we had god forbid us Carl Buffin). The only other potential fast bowler we could have produced was Israel Dagg but he decided to play rugby instead.

To be perfectly fair Mills always performs above my expecations since my dislike for him is deeply rooted in when he made his debut all those years back and we were getting tonked around every game in the death.
Plus I once read a book by Kyle Mills the author and it was terrible.

Grug

Provided they don't lose Taylor, the Black-Caps should be able to do enough in their powerplay to clinch it.

snaildog

Yeah, he was crap for ages, but he's suddenly worked his way up to 4th-ranked ODI bowler in the world. Think he does deserve some credit.

Grug

At least we managed to make a little bit of a contest out of it. Didn't look like it was going to be much of a game after our innings.

Grug

Haha Taylor, have some respect for a fellow male buddy :D

Don't call your partner through for a run when he's just had a testicle smashed.

Edit: Tait gets a wicket but its too little too late.

tri_willy

Grug said:
Okay, now lets just bowl the remaining overs underarm. :lol

wouldn't want mr. medrew to chuck another fit for the next 20 yrs. lol at fucking streaker with a beachball, too bad symo wasnt there to give him a good knock

lol @ grug for an unprecendented quadruple post

Grug

LMAO at Australia getting our hopes up.

We'll just lose on the last ball.

This game is set up so nicely for an underarm incident. :lol

tri_willy

lol a comedy of errors. first a throw for run out attempt missed and poor fielding from dussey followed by poor running by the kiwi's and recovery from the duss almost has a runout by a benefit of the doubt given. fuck what luck for the kiwi's

medrew

i can just see this being a repeat of the 93 game where danny morrison needed six off the last ball. lest i hope it doesn't come down to that.

Grug said:
I still have Irfan on ignore, but I suspect with the fact he seems to show up after each Australian loss is that he's still trying to drag the level of discourse down to petty trolling again?

I thought Australians were meant to be thick-skinned. Its been fairly obvious for a while that you aren't the best team in the world, but yet you kept going on about the rankings, were you really expecting no-one to mention the fact that you aren't No1 anymore? :lol :lol
Its just like after the Olympics you guys(your government) showed no class.

I would expect a lot more coming from Irfan in the coming months with the way India are playing in Sri Lanka( is it 7 one dayers in a row now?). Also how is one-day cricket cricket but Twenty20 isn't? Both are bastardisations of Test cricket why is one(the one with no dull patches) unacceptable and the other isn't?

Grug

Cerebral Assassin said:
I thought Australians were meant to be thick-skinned. Its been fairly obvious for a while that you aren't the best team in the world, but yet you kept going on about the rankings, were you really expecting no-one to mention the fact that you aren't No1 anymore? :lol :lol
Its just like after the Olympics you guys(your government) showed no class.

I would expect a lot more coming from Irfan in the coming months with the way India are playing in Sri Lanka( is it 7 one dayers in a row now?). Also how is one-day cricket cricket but Twenty20 isn't? Both are bastardisations of Test cricket why is one(the one with no dull patches) unacceptable and the other isn't?

I've also given my thoughts on the 50 day format in this thread. Try reading the thread then get back to me.

As for Irfan, if you want to support skeevy little racists who talk about wiping their ass with other country's flags, be my guest.

This has been a good natured thread the whole way through until Irfan pops in. Always plenty of shitstirring but devoid of any actual cricket insight whatsoever. Just drags the whole thread down.

Grug

What a match. Congrats to the Kiwis.

Black-Caps definitely the better team tonight, glad we made you earn it though.

Avenged!
1981Underarm.jpg

:lol

medrew

Ahaha, take that Pointing. Not even taking an extraordinate amount of time to bowel out the overs will put you in front.

Can't wait for him to have to face the media again. He's starting to look quite aged nowadays.

Would have been nice if we could have done it with a lot more balls to spare (ok, balls to spare). Made my night. Now come on Federer.

Grug

tri_willy said:
mills my bet for man of the match

Fuck that, give it to the streaker. The game suddenly got interesting after he made his run. :lol

medrew said:
Not even taking an extraordinate amount of time to bowel out the overs will put you in front.

EWWW!

Grug

Good old Vettori, flying the sporting flag for us fellow myopics. :D

Champion. 10 overs for 22, he would have been in consideration for MOTM too.

commanderdeek said:
Welp, Australia officially sucks at their own game now.

Their own game?

Deeku

Grug said:
Their own game?
Oh, I assumed cricket originated from Australia. I now know it came from England. My bad.
I hope the aussies bounce back in the next game though, all this losing is depressing.

Grug

commanderdeek said:
all this losing is depressing.

At least we'll get good draft picks... oh shit... wrong sport.

Although that reminds me, the best sport in the world is just weeks away...

GALL_GEEL_SS2_gallery__296x400.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Grug said:
Although that reminds me, the best sport in the world is just weeks away...
I hear Japan have an AFL team now :lol

Time to hang it up AFL and rugby league. Your time in the spotlight is over.

Top Bottom