• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

tri_willy

Grug said:
VICTORY

Sing it bitches!

Under the Southern Cross we stand!
A sprig of wattle in our hand!
A product of our native land!
AUSTRALIA you fucking beauty!

i lol'd when the aussies sang the last part :lol

Disappointing end to South Africa's first promising innings of the series and there goes the hopes of claiming number one Test status this year. Smith really needs to sit out of the game for a while and focus on recovering from his injuries.

Grug

I wish the Ashes started next week. Hard to get excited about the third test and the limited overs stuff.

Just dying to get stuck into the poms.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Tim the Wiz said:
Disappointing end to South Africa's first promising innings of the series and there goes the hopes of claiming number one Test status this year. Smith really needs to sit out of the game for a while and focus on recovering from his injuries.

He just needs to proper protection when playin Aus

knight.jpg

tri_willy

aussies 2-0 up and there's a certain person i would like to see posting in regards to the aussie wins. yea we all know who you are...

Grug

tri_willy said:
aussies 2-0 up and there's a certain person i would like to see posting in regards to the aussie wins. yea we all know who you are...

You could draw a chart that shows a fascinating correlation between that certain poster's absence and the performance of the Australian team.

Downhill skiier.

Grug

Phil Hughes man of the match.

No big surprise there. Well deserved.

The future is very, very bright.

*puts on shades*.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
He just needs to proper protection when playin Aus

knight.jpg

:lol Quite apt.

Be interesting to see how Hughes goes against England. Considering their failure against the Wind Indies, it should be like a hot knife through butter.

Grug

Number 1 since May 2003. We should have known they weren't going to give up that easily.

I feel bad for doubting them.

Grug

Grug said:
Just what you'd expect from the clear two best cricket teams in the world.

Cerebral Assassin said:
Deluded Aussie. Have you already forgotten how clueless you looked in India? About 3/4 aussies would get into a mixed team with India how can you say you are better. Hell now England have got rid of Moores even the ashes are up for grabs.

LMAO.

Where did this muppet go?

Cerebral Assassin said:
And anyone who has followed cricket for a substantial period of time has seen the end of dynasties before this looks extremely similar.

Nothing says "end of a dynasty" more than a 20 year old opening batsman smashing back to back centuries and a young, hungry bowling attack smashing through a world class side.

WE'RE DOOMED! :lol

Grug

South Africa will be desperate to win the final test.

Now that a series defeat for Graeme Smith and his men is inevitable, Australia can breathe easy in the knowledge that the Reliance Mobile ICC Test Championship mace will be returning with them to Cricket Australia’s headquarters in Melbourne along with a cheque for US$175,000.

Consolation for the Proteas could still come in the form of a cheque for US$75,000 for being ranked second in the table when the cut-off date comes around. But if Australia wins the third and final Test in Cape Town, South Africa will drop below India into third position and it will be Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s team that claims the prize money for coming second in the rankings on the 1 April cut-off date.

If the final Test in Cape Town ends in a draw with Australia winning the series 2-0, South Africa and India would be level on exactly 118 ratings points, meaning the prize money for coming second would be shared equally between them.

Before the series, Australia’s lead had been cut to five ratings points and a series win of any kind would have been enough for South Africa to go top. But after its disappointment of losing 2-1 at home to the Proteas, Australia emerged stronger and more determined than ever to stay on top of the world.

If Australia wraps up the final Test it will go to 130 ratings points, some 12 clear of India in second. But a win for the Proteas will mean the gap is just nine points.

master15

Fuck yeah:D :lol :

100419.jpg

Pointing's comments how this game can change quickly were never more apt than the final day. All of a sudden from what seemed like a steep and steady decline, Australia are back into the mix.

In days to come I'm sure the post mortems will be carried out but the young guys especially Hughes and Siddle really stepped up to the plate and finally Johnson was getting support by other bowlers out there. What a victory very happy indeed.

Ps. Pup should be shot for dropping Kallis. Couldn't get an easier catch if you tried...

tri_willy said:

Ha, Ifran is a terrible troll who happens to never utter a peep when Aussie dominate, still I thought he would make an appearance since Tendulkar's glorious first 100 in NZ the other day.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Foxsports eats the Crow

Time to eat humble pie - we were wrong
By Robert Craddock
March 12, 2009 It happened just as we thought it would. Well, sort of.

We thought a left-handed opening batsman might score two centuries in a Test but we thought his name would have been Smith not Hughes.

We thought a quick bowler had the potential to put a batsmen in hospital but we thought his name would be Steyn not Johnson.

There's no doubt we sensed the key factor in the winning side would be a group of fast bowlers working as a pack - but we thought their names would be Steyn, Morkel and Ntini not Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Siddle.

And, yes, we shouted from the rooftops that it could be all over after two Tests - but 2-0 Australia? No way.

We had Australia Dead and Buried as of December 31, 2008.

So it's hats off to Ricky Ponting and company and humble pie to the rest of us as we celebrate one of the great offshore wins in Australian cricket history.

Pound for pound it might even be the best of the lot for although Australia have beaten everyone, everywhere over the past decade, they have never done so with a 20-year-old opening batsmen, three bowlers playing their first full series and a new No. 6.

Put it right up there with Australia beating the West Indies in the lion's den in 1995 - and maybe higher, because we didn't know it at the time but the West Indies were in major decline. Whereas this South African side are supposed to be in or nearing their prime. Put a lot of it down to the skipper Ricky Ponting, whose captaincy reign is a bit like Sir Donald Bradman's.

When Bradman took over as a relatively young player he was handed the supreme challenge of managing players older than he was, and didn't find it easy.

But on the 1948 tour of England - perhaps the greatest tour of all - a 39-year-old Bradman had complete control of a younger side who worshipped at his altar, as Ponting has now.

Ponting's greatest triumph is Mitchell Johnson.

From the moment they were paired together in a boot camp in Queensland before the last Ashes series Ponting has made him a project player, showing belief in him even when his wavering form had other people question the merit of such a high rating.

But he has now discovered the man can be to him what Dennis Lillee was to Ian Chappell, Harold Larwood was to Douglas Jardine, Glenn McGrath was to Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh - the big-time performer worthy of taking the new ball in any World XI.

The temptation is to conclude from South Africa that another era of relentless success is on the way, but that would be a premature call. In South Africa, Australia were expected to lose but exploded through the hosts' dropped guard. But they won't sneak up on anyone now.

They are already firming favourites to beat England in England, despite the fact that only three members of the top 11 have played Tests there.

There will be plenty of speed bumps on the road ahead.

But for the moment they are deservedly sitting on top of the mountain - and the view has never looked better.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25174964-23212,00.html

:lol oh wells least they had to balls to admit they where wrong.

master15

Seriously Johnson has just gone from strength to strength, he is almost unrecognisable from just a season and a half ago where he would spray a good percentage of his deliveries into unhittable zones.

Nevermind his batting I am almost tempted to call him an allrounder at this stage.

I expect South Africa to bounce back they have a great team but this would shock no one more than themselves.

artist

Banned
Grug said:
You could draw a chart that shows a fascinating correlation between that certain poster's absence and the performance of the Australian team.

Downhill skiier.
I dont live on forums, posting from a basement in their parents house. :lol :lol :lol

Grug

irfan said:
I dont live on forums, posting from a basement in their parents house. :lol :lol :lol

Didn't take more than 30 seconds to see that you have pretty much been on here quite often over the past fortnight... actively posting. Try again champ. Don't make me draw a chart.

Just be a man and worship at the altar of Ricky Ponting like the rest of the objective cricket world is.

P.S. Houses in Australia don't have basements and my parents live in another city entirely. Thumbs up!

P.P.S. laughing at your own jokes is not a great look.

artist

Banned
Grug said:
Didn't take more than 30 seconds to see that you have pretty much been on here quite often over the past fortnight... actively posting. Try again champ. Don't make me draw a chart.

Just be a man and worship at the altar of Ricky Ponting like the rest of the objective cricket world is.

P.S. Houses in Australia don't have basements and my parents live in another city entirely. Thumbs up!

P.P.S. laughing at your own jokes is not a great look.
Yes, genius. I've been here but only for a few minutes. Unfortunately your skull mass is more bone than grey matter, so you wouldnt understand this. :lol :lol :lol (I have what 7 posts in the last 2 weeks compared to your 140+ in the same period) Actively posting!!!!exclamation_bold_italic_attention_whore

Oh yeah I forgot houses in Australia dont have basements like NA. So I guess you (used to) sleep with your parents, sharing a room or something. :D

Australia played well, no doubt and generally outclassed SA in all departments. However, they need to hold (dearly) on to that position, the only way to go .. is down :lol and there isnt much gap separating the top three. ;) SA on the other hand felt demoralised without Smith.

India at 116/7 :lol , Dhoni should have atleast tried new players given the series is already in the bag.

Grug

the only way to go .. is down

Post of the year. How is that for epic spin. I said wow.

LOL at Australia being number 1! The only way is down!

Ranking has been held since March 2003... you just keep on waiting champ.

Resorting to insinuations of people sleeping with their parents now... pure class this bloke. Proved it when he said he wipes his ass with the Australian flag, and reconfirmed it today. The Harbhajan Singh of GAF.

medrew

irfan said:
India at 116/7 :lol , Dhoni should have atleast tried new players given the series is already in the bag.

In the bag isn't good enough. Harbhajan said they would win it 5 nil. We wouldn't want him to lose his credibility now would we?

Pachael

Let's try this again: India sending Australia out of the World Cup - Australia fail again :lol
http://content.cricinfo.com/wwc2009/content/story/395146.html

See? Model of responsibility and balance of bias right here
I'm hoping everyone follows women's cricket

In other news, the Vics have the advantage of the rain washing out a day's play, which puts the Bulls in a harder spot to win the game and snatch the Sheffield Cup away.

master15

Ifrans bitter tears. Love it! :lol

By the way Hitch was saying loyalty will play no role in Ashes selection. Binga was laying some bold claims but as a big fan of his I really hope he makes it back into the squad. A on form Lee, Johnson and Clarke would be quite a solid pace lineup.

Yagharek

:lol

Reality is, Australia have been the #1 Test side since 1995 when they beat the Windies at home. They have only been challenged on 5 occasions since that time, and not once was it a home loss until SA this summer. India have beaten Australia in India, Australia have beaten India in Australia AND India, so they have the upper hand there. England won 2005 Ashes by the slimmest of margins, and then got belted in the return series. Thanks for coming.

South Africa and Australia always play a 3 match series in Aus followed immediately by a 3 match series in South Africa, so for all intents an purposes its a 6 game series, currently 3-2 in Australia's favour.

On official rankings australia has never been challenged since 1993 (home series loss to W.I, poor Craig McDermott). The current period of South african and Indian performance is the closest any side has come to them though. It is yet to be seen if either team can follow it through. What will probably happen though is India will schedule 12 tests against bangladesh and zimbabwe so they can get some more points, just like they decided they cared about twenty20 when they couldnt win a world cup series :lol :lol :lol

Test matches = ultimate form of cricket. Get rid of the replays, 3rd umpire, challenges etc. Austalian side is at its lowest point in 17 years and it still holds on to the #1 ranking though. The state of the aussie system is in damn good health then.

Good job, Punter.

artist

Banned
Grug said:
Post of the year. How is that for epic spin. I said wow.

LOL at Australia being number 1! The only way is down!

Ranking has been held since March 2003... you just keep on waiting champ.

Resorting to insinuations of people sleeping with their parents now... pure class this bloke. Proved it when he said he wipes his ass with the Australian flag, and reconfirmed it today. The Harbhajan Singh of GAF.
Dude, werent you the first one to post a picture of roadkill and saying that was India. You are the purest form of class, arent you? You are the Pup of GAF, whiny little lying bitch. Oh werent you missing for a while when India grinded Australia in the one day series? :D :lol

I've always maintained the stance that I will be here regardless of India winning/losing or any other team going up or down.

master15 said:
Ifrans bitter tears. Love it! :lol
This confirms it, a lot of Aussie GAFFERs are delusional. :) (And cant spell properly :lol )

Pachael said:
Let's try this again: India sending Australia out of the World Cup - Australia fail again :lol
http://content.cricinfo.com/wwc2009/content/story/395146.html

See? Model of responsibility and balance of bias right here
I'm hoping everyone follows women's cricket

In other news, the Vics have the advantage of the rain washing out a day's play, which puts the Bulls in a harder spot to win the game and snatch the Sheffield Cup away.
Yeah, I switched over to this game when the India collapsed. I dont mind losing as long as the game is close, like this was. Bye bye Australia. :)

artist

Banned
RandomVince said:
How many world #1 rankings or world championship titles do india hold anyway? (aside from that fake twenty20 category)
Oh boy, it must really hurt. :D :lol

medrew said:
In the bag isn't good enough. Harbhajan said they would win it 5 nil. We wouldn't want him to lose his credibility now would we?
Good for his arrogance, serves him right. He's the least liked player in the Indian team, also the least credible but in comparison to Pup & Symo, he's an angel. :D

Yagharek

irfan said:
Oh boy, it must really hurt. :D :lol

What hurts? Being world #1 Test nation since 1995 and three time reigning world cup champion since 1999? Twenty20 only took off because India managed to win it once. :lol

Grug

irfan said:
Dude, werent you the first one to post a picture of roadkill and saying that was India. You are the purest form of class, arent you?

Oh dear...

History lesson for Irfan. I'll do it in bullet form as it would appear comprehension isn't your strong suit.

- You started a thread during the test series saying India was Australia's roadblock.

- Australia wins said test series.

- Grug posts picture of roadkill with a caption indicating clearly (at least to the literate) that the Indian roadblock did not amount to much. Nary a nationalistic sentiment in sight. That is until...

- ...Irfan posts picture of the Australian flag and says he uses it as toilet paper.

- Mods take good look at thread, immediately understanding what was going on and deal with Irfan accordingly.

irfan said:
Oh werent you missing for a while when India grinded Australia in the one day series? :D :lol

Once again, another attempt to rewrite history.

Yes, I was missing for a massive 8 hours or so. Considering that I was at the game in question, made it a bit hard to post.:lol

Pretty sure I logged back on the next morning and gave the Indian team the credit that was due. C'mon dude, you're just embarrassing yourself here. All the stuff you are lying about is archived here for all to see.

Yagharek

irfan said:
Good for his arrogance, serves him right. He's the least liked player in the Indian team, also the least credible but in comparison to Pup & Symo, he's an angel. :D

Missed this gem. Harbajhan is the least liked player in all of cricket. Who the fuck
a) Slaps a teammate
b) Racially taunts opponents and then hides behind his captain
c) Refuses to walk after being clean bolwed

Answer: the same obnoxious little weed you somehow decide is an 'angel'. :lol

Grug

RandomVince said:
Missed this gem. Harbajhan is the least liked player in all of cricket. Who the fuck
a) Slaps a teammate

Its far easier to just accuse the Australians of being the unsportsmanlike ones, despite the fact that we have just played two of our biggest rivals historically without the slightest incident of poor conduct from either side.

Despite the fact that the process of deduction (along with the weight of evidence) points the finger directly at Harbajhan for being the instigator in multiple incidents... its easier to blame those big bullying Australians for everything.

Like serial dickhead (and physical abuser of young schoolboys) Peter Roebuck says... Harby is just a misunderstood "intemperate Sikh warrior" with a family to feed. Poor baby.

Tall poppy syndrome looms as large as ever. As long as the Australians continue to hold the ICC Test Championship mace, there will be those desperate to cut us down. The real men will do it on the cricket field. The nobodies will just snipe.

Yagharek

Grug said:
Tall poppy syndrome looms as large as ever. As long as the Australians continue to hold the ICC Test Championship mace, there will be those desperate to cut us down. The real men will do it on the cricket field. The nobodies will just snipe.

With the exception of your Brisbane avatar, I am compelled to agree with you entirely.

One thing that can be said of South Africa: if they had won this series and claimed #1, no-one would begrudge them it. They are a very sporting side, without any of the antics of the Indian side of the past few years (who I would rank up there with Pakistan in the Salim Malik era as one of the least sporting sides going around).

Graeme Smith is a damn good player and captain, and I think next time SA and Australia play each other it will be a damn good series to watch, perhaps even more closely fought than the current one. They will come close to getting the top ranking, and if any team were going to do so other than Australia it will be them, guaranteed.

tri_willy

RandomVince said:
a) Slaps a teammate
c) Refuses to walk after being clean bowled & said "fuck you!" to KP

fixed :D

artist

Banned
Grug said:
History lesson for Irfan. I'll do it in bullet form as it would appear comprehension isn't your strong suit.
History lesson? I dont suffer from short term memory loss unlike some people ..

Grug said:
- You started a thread during the test series saying India was Australia's roadblock.
India ARE Australia's roadblock. Maybe you dont understand what roadblock means .. twice they are the only team to have ruined Australia's winning streak.

Grug said:
- Australia wins said test series.
Yes, after including the Sydney Shame. Nice one you have for the history books, victims for the body-line but offenders now. :D

Grug said:
- Grug posts picture of roadkill with a caption indicating clearly (at least to the literate) that the Indian roadblock did not amount to much. Nary a nationalistic sentiment in sight. That is until...
That should sum up that you clearly dont understand the meaning of "roadblock", the winning streak was already over. Your post did not make any sense, was purely offensive, troll material.

Grug said:
- ...Irfan posts picture of the Australian flag and says he uses it as toilet paper.
Yes, you attack one country and expect no retaliation? I immediately changed that picture towards you.

Grug said:
- Mods take good look at thread, immediately understanding what was going on and deal with Irfan accordingly.
I didnt complain like a whiny little Aussie (Symonds, Ponting, Grug, master15, other_whiny_little_aussie_sheilas_on_this_forum) so Mods get one side of the story and only ban me for a week, again I dont mind because I dont live on these forums unlike some people ... :D And what comes around goes around. :)

Grug said:
Once again, another attempt to rewrite history.

Yes, I was missing for a massive 8 hours or so. Considering that I was at the game in question, made it a bit hard to post.:lol

Pretty sure I logged back on the next morning and gave the Indian team the credit that was due. C'mon dude, you're just embarrassing yourself here. All the stuff you are lying about is archived here for all to see.
Oh boy, such a sport you are. Just like Ponting and the rest of his mates. Tsk tsk. The one lying was you with the one-side story, now it is complete with both sides of the coin.

Its time for you to come down from your high horse.

RandomVince said:
a) Slaps a teammate

I wont miss your gem, so here goes:

a) Harbhajan didnt ruin the game for his country for his own personal game (like Pup did for his century recently while also captaining :lol )
b) Harbhajan was not caught red-handed lying while Pup was ..
c) Harbhajan does not whine like a little girl everytime like Pup does ..

Also considering the sub-continent's population far outweighs Australias, its easy to say who the most disliked cricketer in world cricket is. :D

Grug

irfan said:
Yes, after including the Sydney Shame. Nice one you have for the history books, victims for the body-line but offenders now. :D

The historical revisionism rolls on. What is it about the Sydney test that Australia should be classed as offenders for?

- Some questionable umpiring (Not Australia's fault)
- The Indian tail being unable to to survive one Michael Clarke over and save the test (Once again, not Australia's fault, but may explain your Michael Clarke obsession).
- Harbhajan Singh calling Andrew Symonds a monkey (Once more, not Australia's fault)
- The Indian cricket board completely disrespecting the ICC's disciplinary procedures and holding the entire game to ransom (yup, not Australia's fault).

So pray tell Irfan, why are the Australian cricket team 'offenders'?

Only in your delusional little world could an Indian player racially taunting an Australian player followed by the Indian cricket board thumbing their nose at world cricket somehow be construed as Australia's fault.

You are clearly out of your mind.

artist

Banned
Grug said:
The historical revisionism rolls on. What is it about the Sydney test that Australia should be classed as offenders for?
Pot.Kettle.Black.

Grug said:
- Some questionable umpiring (Not Australia's fault)
Hahaha, "some". I dont think any other match can EVER come close to this one in terms of horribly out of sane-mind decisions and appeals. See who's the one trying to "revise" here ..

Grug said:
- The Indian tail being unable to to survive one Michael Clarke over and save the test (Once again, not Australia's fault, but may explain your Michael Clarke obsession).
I'm after Pup because he's one whiny little bitch, thats it. And he's the most selfish one to boot. Remarkable combination. Nothing else, he's attempts to bowl are as good as Yuvraj's attempts. Once in a blue moon day, he may give some results. Thats it.

Grug said:
- Harbhajan Singh calling Andrew Symonds a monkey (Once more, not Australia's fault)
Proved? No. Case closed. Tendulkar's word is more than enough for me. Even Symo wasnt sure anymore .. :lol Oh boy, you cant revise history or facts like this Gruggy.

Grug said:
- The Indian cricket board completely disrespecting the ICC's disciplinary procedures and holding the entire game to ransom (yup, not Australia's fault).
YES! That did hurt a bit and as much as I disagreed with it, I'm glad they did it just to ignite folks like you. Well done BCCI.

Grug said:
So pray tell Irfan, why are the Australian cricket team 'offenders'?
Um, where the players claiming bounce catches, caught behinds (from Gilly!! :lol ) 2 inches from the bat etc. so and so forth.

Grug said:
Only in your delusional little world could an Indian player racially taunting an Australian player followed by the Indian cricket board thumbing their nose at world cricket somehow be construed as Australia's fault.

You are clearly out of your mind.
See above, the match is referred to a Sydney Shame for a reason. The whole world took notice and I'm sure it's a feat that wont happen ever again in the world and its even more guaranteed that fair-minded Australians wont let that happen again on Australian soil.

Grug

irfan said:
Proved? No. Case closed. Tendulkar's word is more than enough for me. Even Symo wasnt sure anymore .. :lol Oh boy, you cant revise history or facts like this Gruggy.

Harby's frantic, desperate, self-preserving apology mere seconds after the incident speaks volumes about his guilt more than the word of Tendulkar who was standing at the other end of the pitch, well out of hearing range.

irfan said:
Pot.Kettle.Black.

Hahaha, "some". I dont think any other match can EVER come close to this one in terms of horribly out of sane-mind decisions and appeals. See who's the one trying to "revise" here ..

I'm after Pup because he's one whiny little bitch, thats it. And he's the most selfish one to boot. Remarkable combination. Nothing else, he's attempts to bowl are as good as Yuvraj's attempts. Once in a blue moon day, he may give some results. Thats it.

YES! That did hurt a bit and as much as I disagreed with it, I'm glad they did it just to ignite folks like you. Well done BCCI.

Um, where the players claiming bounce catches, caught behinds (from Gilly!! :lol ) 2 inches from the bat etc. so and so forth.

See above, the match is referred to a Sydney Shame for a reason. The whole world took notice and I'm sure it's a feat that wont happen ever again in the world and its even more guaranteed that fair-minded Australians wont let that happen again on Australian soil.

So in all that rambling, the only thing you can pin on Australia is Gilly appealing for a catch that he thought was out.

HANG YOUR HEAD AUSTRALIA. :lol

For the record, Gilchrist explains his confusion over that incorrecr catch in considerable detail in his autobiography. You'll have to forgive me if I take the word of an sportsman with an impeccable record of integrity over you.

You have endless amounts of vitriol in your tank Irfan, but you are extremely sketchy when it comes to facts. Eventually I hope you'll be able to separate emotion and reality and demonstrate some critical thinking ability and perhaps even show that you can have a discussion without resorting to crude insinuations or outright fabrications.

In the mean time, its back on the ignore list for you. Hopefully for your sake you've grown up a little by the next time I foolishly give you the benefit of the doubt in the hope you have something meaningful to contribute. G'nite mate.

Top Bottom