• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Pachael

Grug said:
Two runouts in a game where a draw is as good as a win just shows how feeble minded some of our players are under pressure.

I thought it was the English who were 'under pressure', and 'desperate' for picking Trott? :lol

Woffls

Run out? bahhahaha.
I'm listening on the radio, I really miss the days where the cricket would be on Channel 4 :(

ohhhhh there we go :D \o/

no tears. I have a picture though. :)

amc0812l.jpg

master15

Talk about a series with highs and lows especially if you are an Australian supporter. Ouch, I am awaiting a fair amount of stick from my English mates.

Pachael

For Aussie supporters it's been a series of lows and more lows. Only one real high, and now South Africa are #1 for Tests and ODIs :lol

For the losers, let the recriminiations and jokes begin for the next 16 months - for Flinty a great retirement, Trott and the rest, bustop rides, QBEs, MBEs, trips to the Queen etc ;p

legend166

Sigh.

I think it shows how even the sides are. Wouldn't surprise me one bit for us to regain the Ashes back in Australia. In fact, I'm sure of it. We'll probably lose them again in 4 years though.

What annoys me is that Hussey got a damn pointless hundred to save his career even though he should have been dropped ages ago.

tri_willy

legend166 said:
What annoys me is that Hussey got a damn pointless hundred to save his career even though he should have been dropped ages ago.

hayden did that too:D however, haydos is way better than hussey for me anytime. well done england on destroying the aussies. if heads dont roll with the stupid selectors, we're just gonna play as well as bangladesh.

yes, we all know thats sarcastic, but we will see more terrible results & ponting will be breaking records for the wrong reasons

jey_16

Banned
legend166 said:
Sigh.

I think it shows how even the sides are. Wouldn't surprise me one bit for us to regain the Ashes back in Australia. In fact, I'm sure of it. We'll probably lose them again in 4 years though.

England are not that good away from home and both their batting and bowling will be affected by Flintoff going.....what we need to do is

1. Pick a spinner and have the confidence to play him, i'm happy with Hauritz for the moment but there might be somebody better
2. Drop Hussey for Hughes
3. does Watson deserve a place? they mentioned Callum Ferguson on the radio today
4. our pace bowling attack is still very inexperienced, need to give them more time

artist

Banned
speedpop said:
:lol

Was waiting for irfan's breath of fresh air.
Sour grapes are sour. :lol Keep those tears flowing, nice try hiding the internal anguish & pain.

FYI as much as I didnt want England to win, it happened. Look upstream in this thread where I was ridiculing Broad's comment of winning the ashes, I can own up my mistakes while you can try more
not-so
smart comebacks. Big difference. ;)

Top Bottom