• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Ashes

Banned
matt404au said:
Yet the current Australian team (more or less) beat the Saffas on their own turf.

Let's not talk about the difference from then and now... trust me you don't want to go there... :lol

DeSo

Banned
Wow, Johnson is actually bowling well. Hope he can keep it up.

Edit: Another one, Johnson carving them up! I did not expect this but it's so awesome to see.

Ashes

Banned
:lol I can requote this:

Johnson was minging,
so Australia got rid of him,
but then he got brought back,
cause the replacements were all crap,
and now he's their savior,
he's their king!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Hey man's cut me some slack, dude went for 3 or 4 4's in an over.

Good comeback for him anyways, feel sorry for the rest of the English batsmen........... they havent had a bat in a while.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
He had his back against the wall and was dropped, coming back proper. Same shit needs to happen to Clarke.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
speedpop said:
He had his back against the wall and was dropped, coming back proper. Same shit needs to happen to Clarke.

Think his spunky missus kicked his ass.

e9un1g.jpg

legend166

When Johnson swings the ball, Steyn is the only other bowler in the world at the moment who can compare.

If it only took a couple weeks in the nets to get this, why has it taken so long?

Papa

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Hey man's cut me some slack, dude went for 3 or 4 4's in an over.

Good comeback for him anyways, feel sorry for the rest of the English batsmen........... they havent had a bat in a while.

He already had Strauss out earlier, too bad the fielding was awful.

Jessica Bratich

Oh the things I would do to her...

Fredescu

legend166 said:
When Johnson swings the ball, Steyn is the only other bowler in the world at the moment who can compare.
Anderson is miles better than Johnson and up there with Steyn. It can be hard to admit that an Englishman is good, I know.

DeSo

Banned
So glad I got the arvo off to see that. Bloody unbelievable from Johnson, never thought I'd see that again.

legend166

Fredescu said:
Anderson is miles better than Johnson and up there with Steyn. It can be hard to admit that an Englishman is good, I know.

What?

Johnson at his best craps all over Anderson. From a great height.

The problem is Johnson's only been at best for around 2-3 months combined over his whole career. And the difference between his best and worst is huge. His worst is just absolute tripe. Overall, Anderson has easily been the better bowler over the last 18 months or so, but if you asked any batsman who'd be harder to face at their peak, 99% would say Johnson.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
Johnson at his best craps all over Anderson. From a great height.

The problem is Johnson's only been at best for around 2-3 months combined over his whole career.
If you're wildly inconsistent, you're simply not a good test cricketer.

legend166 said:
if you asked any batsman who'd be harder to face at their peak, 99% would say Johnson.
Not a chance. By your definition most batsman haven't faced him at his best anyway.

Dead Man

Wow. I guess both teams need to just play their bowlers. Nice fightback from Johnson, I had written him off. I think it's a match again!

Top Bottom