• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Time for our top order to fucking stand up for a change.

Bowlers did their bit and more. 80 run headstart, pressure relieved a little bit.

No excuses.

jambo

xm8Jj.png

U jelly England?

Dead Man

Grug said:
Time for our top order to fucking stand up for a change.

Bowlers did their bit and more. 80 run headstart, pressure relieved a little bit.

No excuses.
Yep. The lower order and bowlers have been great this match. The top order... not so much. If they fall down again I think some radical restructure of the batting would not be out of order for the next Test.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
Raining in Launceston.

I have nothing to say to you, AUSGAF. Fuck, test cricket be a cruel mistress.
You haven't seen the Aussies bat again yet. Don't be too despondent. They might get all out for 70. :lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Was at a pub fixing a machine. 6 for when i looked at the telly on arrival........ did my job bout 30 mins later 9 for and saw the last wicket :lol

Hopefully this boosts the teams confidence in the field and batting for the next few innings/games.

Papa

Banned
Harry_Tequila said:
Oh dear God... I should have known this would happen. England can lose any game, from any position. A proud boast!

I don't think that's fair after only the second innings. You can't really judge the quality of a pitch until both teams have batted.

Grug

Australian top order fails again.

Hopeless.

Hughes not good enough.

Ponting too old. He can't bat at #3 anymore. Move him down the order or move him on.

legend166

We've wrestled back the ascendancy here.

It would be completely ridiculous if we went to Melbourne 1-1. Just goes to show how great Test match cricket is!

Grug

legend166 said:
We've wrestled back the ascendancy here.

It would be completely ridiculous if we went to Melbourne 1-1. Just goes to show how great Test match cricket is!

This reeks of a jinx post by one of the proven masters of the dark jinx art. :lol

Grug

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Goooood day.

Absolutely. Well placed to build a solid lead tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I got absolutely no work done today. Had grand plans but ended up watching pretty much every ball.

Pachael

Recanting on Mitch Johnson now. Can bowl, Can bat (that's more than enough).

Now can we give the top order (sans Watson) some of that spinach Mitch's been eating?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Grug said:
Absolutely. Well placed to build a solid lead tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I got absolutely no work done today. Had grand plans but ended up watching pretty much every ball.

Well i was meant to go into work at 12........ ended up being 4. But that's because i was watching WEC and had cricinfo on.

Pachael said:
Recanting on Mitch Johnson now. Can bowl, Can bat (that's more than enough).

Now can we give the top order (sans Watson) some of that spinach Mitch's been eating?

But who is gonna replace them, thats the fucked up thing.

Papa

Banned
m3k said:
lol everyone hates clarke

Possibly has something to do with him being an arrogant, undeserving brat who's more concerned with fast cars and douchetatts than actually doing his job.

Ashes

Banned
irfan said:
India in for a solid thumping at Capetown. Good question is can the Poms fightback?

I think we can chase any score around the 300 mark. That lead is gonna be important.... and yeah India's done for in that test.

edbrat

Ashes1396 said:
I think we can chase any score around the 300 mark.

think anything over 200 will be competitive. Johnson has done incredibly well and could well have changed the course of the series single handed, he will be steaming in.

Ashes

Banned
edbrat said:
think anything over 200 will be competitive. Johnson has done incredibly well and could well have changed the course of the series single handed, he will be steaming in.

Pitch will get slower fourth day though. And I don't think fifth day will come into it but even if it did, no aussie spinner.
They're going to get over 200 I think, which is why I thought the 300 mark a better target.

Top Bottom