• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrex said:
So they're still glorified HO/POs? Was hoping to see more done with them song-wide than in tiny sections of it.

Well, you have songs like Free Bird where the slide notes are half the song, but other than that I don't know what else they can do without it being out of place.

Also; here's a video of the Children Of Bodom song. Hyperspeed next to no hyperspeed = weeeeird.

Also, awful players.

Also; Lars is fucking awesome looking. Winners play as Lars!

robut said:
wtf-the stages are wonders of the world, one of them is the London sewer system? you play Killer Queen for the encore (yay!) and the intro is rats coming from an electric phone booth (wat)
the final level after freaking Atlantis is...Quebec. I'm guessing the developer is from there (level is awesome though)

Yeah, our studio is located in Quebec City.

Also, if anyone was wondering who was the character named Mario Greendale, he was a Beenox employee who passed away in a skydiving accident last year, he was put in the game as a tribute.

I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but one cool new thing for GH5 is that you're no more limited to 6 songs when creating a custom play list, you can choose as many songs as you want.

GrimReaper said:
I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but one cool new thing for GH5 is that you're no more limited to 6 songs when creating a custom play list, you can choose as many songs as you want.

Pretty sure the limit is ~128.

I hope you can edit your playlists after making them. I'll have a pseudo "Favourites" list that I can just add to when I feel like it if so.

Some dude put up some videos of himself playing at the GH5 event a week or so back. On "Normal" difficulty. We all know expert is the true "normal", but he's hearing none of it.

2 Minutes To Midnight

In The Meantime

Done With Everything, Die For Nothing

Tomorrow

Hitting notes seems a lot more impact-y, which is nice. And I guess the Wii version doesn't look too awful.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
Well, you have songs like Free Bird where the slide notes are half the song, but other than that I don't know what else they can do without it being out of place.

It's just, when you're using the slider to strum, those parts are cool when they show up, but when you're using the strum bar, I haven't yet found a way to really take advantage of those sections without missing a couple notes at least.

TheGreatDave said:
Also; here's a video of the Children Of Bodom song. Hyperspeed next to no hyperspeed = weeeeird.

Always wanted to see a hyperspeed vs normal speed comparison.

TheGreatDave said:
I hope you can edit your playlists after making them. I'll have a pseudo "Favourites" list that I can just add to when I feel like it if so.

I also hope you can name them.

TheGreatDave said:
Hitting notes seems a lot more impact-y, which is nice. And I guess the Wii version doesn't look too awful.

Vicarious Visions has been talking up their new lighting system recently, which seems strange to me they (or anyone really) care about the background graphics in a music game. One thing though is that I really hope they lock their framerate down, some stages on single player stuttered when the song started, and with three/four players I came to expect random frame drops, which is absolutely deadly in a rhythm game.

gh5preorderjpg.jpg

Rolling Stones DLC, hoooooray!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well it's official, my WTar strum bar is completely busted. I thought even if it didn't work that I could still use the tap slider to strum, but now it's arbitrarily strumming even if I don't use it. Any way to get a replacement for someone out-of-warranty like me? The website directed me to customer service but that's a last resort. I could buy a snazzy new part like this thread here, but that's the last-last resort.

The little D-Pad thing at the bottom right of the guitar works as a strummer!

Failing that...all you can do is contact Activision and see what they say I guess.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
The little D-Pad thing at the bottom right of the guitar works as a strummer!

Failing that...all you can do is contact Activision and see what they say I guess.

The thing is it's strumming even when I'm not. I may not be the hardest core GH player but I do try to beat my own scores and random strumming totally kills that.

I'll contact them tomorrow I guess.

Andrex said:
The thing is it's strumming even when I'm not. I may not be the hardest core GH player but I do try to beat my own scores and random strumming totally kills that.

I'll contact them tomorrow I guess.

Try turning off the touch strip in the options screen.

Andrex said:
Why would I do that? It's my strum bar that's broken! :p

Because if you're getting random strums for no reason, the slide bar could be the reason. Hell, it could be the strum bar (and probably is!) but doesn't harm to try.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
Because if you're getting random strums for no reason, the slide bar could be the reason. Hell, it could be the strum bar (and probably is!) but doesn't harm to try.

Hrm you could be right, but it doesn't change the fact my down-strumming is inert. Only up-strumming works, which does lead me to believe it's my strum bar.

Wouldn't hurt though, as you said.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Destructoid has a preview of GHStudio 2.0.

- Yay, the track time limit has been upped from 3 minutes to 10!
- GHTunes 1.0 songs number around 300,000!
- They've been downloaded 11,000,000 times!
- Sound quality is much improved with professionally recorded samples! Vary dynamics on individual notes! Chiptunes and harpischord added!
- You can upload up to 50 tracks, with album art for each!
- Album art is created like tattoos!
- Still no guarantee your existing GHTunes downloads will be importable!
- Still no guarantee the 20 track download limit has been removed or upped in the Wii version!

But still, I'm excited. :lol Those last two points are the only things I have questions about. Very happy to see the time limit more than tripled.

TYRiAX

Andrex said:
Hrm you could be right, but it doesn't change the fact my down-strumming is inert. Only up-strumming works, which does lead me to believe it's my strum bar.

Wouldn't hurt though, as you said.

same thing happened to my wtguitar - had to send it back to activision. Luckily for me i only bought it 3 months earlier so they sent me back a brand new guitar two days later...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
Interested to hear these "professionally recorded samples"

Me too, surprised there isn't a trailer or at least a YouTube vid of it yet.

We'll probably only hear really great custom songs from what Neversoft puts in as samples, just like before. Though hopefully it'll take less time this time around for song makers to get a handle on the new features, especially with the interface supposedly being more streamlined...

Eventually I'd like to see GHTunes shared between all three systems, segregating them is just dumb.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
He did that song, THIS. LOVE. HAS. TAKEN IT's tolllllllllllll on Meeeeeeeeee" It's awful.

Besides that, Iunno.

It's awful but it's catchy... so it could be fun to play, like All Star.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GameTrailers has two new interviews up.

Design Programmer Interview
- Samples once again "way upped."
- Once again, you can "bend" specific notes for more authenticity.
- "Pattern" mechanic in GHMix allows you to easily copy/paste sections throughout a song, and save your own.
- Music creation internally using the new GHMix 2.0 GUI has been cut in half (compared to using World Tour's.)
- GHJam actually seems kind of neat.

Music Studio Walkthrough
- GHMix is really frigging deep.

Coming September 3, The Rolling Stones Live Track Pack will bundle all five songs for $9 (720 MS Points), with each tune also available individually at $2 (160 MS Points):
• "Prodigal Son (Live 1969)"
• "You Gotta Move (Live 1969)"
• "Under My Thumb (Live 1969)"
• "I'm Free (Live 1969)"
• "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live 1969)"

Mileena

Banned
Rock Band destroyed. They keep putting out terrible alternative rock and GH is putting out Dueling Banjos/Rolling Stones.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
I'm really not interested in GHTunes. Put it on PC and we'll talk.

GHMix honestly should be on PC with a built-in uploader that's console-agnostic. GHTunes the service though is pretty solid.

Some dude on ScoreHero provides word that he saw YMCA being played in Band Hero at that German video game thing. TRULY, this is the real game of the year, if not generation.

The World Tour guitar's not shit right? Not spectacularly defective? As in I'd be fine not biting on the Play.com's 5+WT deal? Because I have no interest in the games really. I just want a guitar that works. I only want to buy Rock Band 2, but EA insists I should also buy at least one of its competitor's games, which in case it needs to be mentioned, is fucked up.

Xevren

WT guitars are known for the strum bars breaking or at least just being really noisy. Up strums stopped registering after a couple months on mine.

Xevren said:
WT guitars are known for the strum bars breaking or at least just being really noisy. Up strums stopped registering after a couple months on mine.
Hmm... Guess this is Activision acknowledging this issue. Getting three games to play one is utterly bizarre, but I think that's what I'll do, just in case. And it's all EA's fault.

:O SOMEBODY GOT A GUITAR HERO GAME EARLY. Shocker!

Sultans of Swing Guitar + Drums

More shitty than good really. When it's not a bunch of three note chords it looks fun?

Ring Of Fire

LOOKS LIKE YOU'D EXPECT. Fair enough for an early tier I guess. Don't envy the drummer.

The guy they have playing (Axl Thingy?) looks atrocious. Don't show off the game by playing as a guy with that chin.

Du Hast

Woman From Tokyo

Superstition TRUMPET HERO.

I'm really, really concerned about the star power activation. It looks terrible.

Magik

Am I the only one that finds it annoying that they changed flame when you hit the notes? It doesn't look right at all.

And yeah, that chin onAxl looks downright terrible. Nobody wants to see that shit.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
jhferry said:
Wow, that will prevent people buying them on Ebay used. Is it the same with WT? I dont remember seeing a code back there.

Any ideas yet on what 6 songs are blocked from WT?
That's the point. :p

And we know that Hendrix isn't making the cut. Other suspected songs are Tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom