• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
I'm really, really concerned about the star power activation. It looks terrible.

Was thinking that too. Looks hella distracting. If you're not playing though, it looks cool I suppose.

Updated the OP to be more relevant. If anybody from Activision is here, I could write stuff like that for any kind of PR purpose you'd like.

NEW VIDEOS:

21st Century Schizoid Man on drums in an awesome venue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pdtecrj2

A whole load of videos being uploaded quite quickly.

One Big Holiday X Guitar
Song 2 X Guitar
Steady, As She Goes X Guitar
They Say X Guitar
Done With Everything, Die For Nothing X Guitar
What I Got X Guitar

For anyone in EU who need a new guitar (like me) and are bummed that the US gets Van Halen for free, I've found that some sites are doing some pretty cool pre-orders for the GH5 Guitar bundle.

PLAY.COM have the guitar bundle for £69.99, free delivery and a free copy of GH:WT if you preorder with them.

9973175x.jpg

GAME.CO.UK have the same offer for the same price (including the free copy of GH:WT), but you also get an exclusive red guitar and 2 exclusive downloadable Rolling Stones tracks (I gather they're just 2 of the 5 or 6 tracks that will be put up in the track pack on release though).

343302ps_500h.jpg

Either way, they're both decent deals.

TheGreatDave said:
Game win in this situation.

I'm tempted to grab the new guitar. It sucks so bad that it's exclusive to them.

Certainly do, plus the preorder nets you double the usual game points. I preordered with them as the strumbar on my WT guitar only registers upstrums, and it's out of warranty. Paying the extra £20 for an exclusive red guitar (which I must say does look VERY snazzy) plus a couple of extra free tracks, PLUS a copy of WT to pass on to a friend (I already has WT). There's no contest.

I only listed both in case one or the other stops taking preorders. A free copy of WT with whichever you preorder with shouldn't be sniffed at.

If I sell my US copy of GH5, and the free copy of GHWT, and my existing GHWT guitar...I should be OK. Plus I'll be buying those Rolling Stones tracks, so I save a little there!

Ralys

Banned
Harmonix' treatment of the Beatles' material has led me to believe that Neversoft is truly the better development studio in doing band games, so I am ecstatic about GH5.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ralys said:
Harmonix' treatment of the Beatles' material has led me to believe that Neversoft is truly the better development studio in doing band games, so I am ecstatic about GH5.
Your trolling is about as good as Ringo's drumming.

Ralys

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Play with me <3

I bet you don't get it till October or some shit.

I'm getting it next week, I don't have XBLG anymore though because it costs moneys that are better spent on more Beatles shit

Baker

Banned
Why the fuck is this game not coming out on a Sunday like all the previous GH's?

I don't even really care about the game, I just want the new guitar so I can stop using the stupid Les Paul.

ElNarez

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Somebody watch the Ex Girlfrirnd chart and explain it to me.
I'd say it's Neversoft gimmickery at its finest but who cares ? It's already in Rock Band where it's actually enjoyable.

Will the new guitar be any different from the WT guitar? Can't say I like the strumbar on the WT guitar. Prefer the GH3 guitar actually.

Mileena

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
Will the new guitar be any different from the WT guitar? Can't say I like the strumbar on the WT guitar. Prefer the GH3 guitar actually.
My guess is they probably fixed the strumbar issues, Kupo!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
TheGreatDave said:
So 7 points a song.

WT won't be more than 40 tracks then. If my math is right.
As long as they get Ozzy, Hotel California, a few others, I'm fine with 40 songs. My most played World Tour tracks are DLC and will transfer over anyway.

Archie said:
Your trolling is about as good as Ringo's drumming.
i have to disagree. his trolling isn't vastly underrated.

i didn't want to like what i saw of GH5. i didn't want to want it. but, hell, GH:VH for free (and almost all the none VH tracks are ace), export from WT and SH and most of my WT downloaded songs working with it?

damn. for an evil company that milks stuff they sure put out an appealing package this time.

Mileena

Banned
Only songs that need to export are Ozzy songs, Satch Boogie, Hot For Teacher, Prisoner of Society, Scream Aim Fire and Sweet Home Alabama. Nothing else is important.

Baker

Banned
I don't even remember what all is in GHWT, so I'm just going to vote for Albatross, Misery Business, and the Ozzy songs.

Rodeo Clown

Satch Boogie has that retarded part late in the solo that I end up just messing around on the touch pad for. I'd probably delete it.

Phloxy

I've had a copy of the game since Friday. Got to say the avatars when you have 4 peeps playing are really cool. So far it's the most FUN I've had with the GH franchise since part two.

Any questions hit me up I'll try to answer them. My gamertag is Namtars Finest in case nobody believes me. Later

Mileena

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
Satch Boogie has that retarded part late in the solo that I end up just messing around on the touch pad for. I'd probably delete it.
That part is dumb but the slider notes in GH5 are fixed so it shouldn't be that bad. Besides the rest of the song is fun.

Rodeo Clown

corkscrewblow said:
That part is dumb but the slider notes in GH5 are fixed so it shouldn't be that bad. Besides the rest of the song is fun.
I hadn't factored in them fixing purple notes. I suppose I'd give it at least a play or 2.

And Do It Again must export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom