• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I want to pick up a copy of WT for this, is the code like a tear off type of thing? I dont want to buy a like new one but the seller snatched the code already.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
What's up with those firely notes on Ring of Fire, where the fretboards started glowing orange afterwards? Is that the GH version of the unison bonus?

Ridley327

SaggyMonkey said:
RB2 could use the added sustains and touch-only notes too.

They already have touch-only notes, provided you have a Strat controller. You can use the solo frets to tap every note in a solo section.

Ridley327 said:
They already have touch-only notes, provided you have a Strat controller. You can use the solo frets to tap every note in a solo section.

True, but they should move those down to the main frets so we can use the good guitars on it as well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TheGreatDave said:
No, it'll have two note chords. MUCH MORE FUN.
9t1vdc.gif

corkscrewblow said:
Sultans of Swing looks fucking terrible. Why the hell do people want that in RB? :lol

Most people think in terms of songs they like, not in how they'll end up playing. Solo looks decent though.

ElNarez said:
Sounds pretty boring to me.

Also, did they chart a keyboard and a vocoder ? And if so, can I laugh ?
Keyboard, yes. Second solo was a talkbox through a guitar. And the song is much better for charting the keyboard.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ridley327 said:
"Guitar Hero 5 downlodable content will be compatible with future Guitar Hero and Band Hero games," a rep told us, "however the advancements and innovations made to the franchise do not allow for downloadable content to be backwards compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour."

There goes that I word again. Sheesh.

Xevren

Why would anyone want to play GH 5 dlc on older games anyway? Only thing I could understand is maybe if GH 5 isn't out in your region...

Ridley327

Xevren said:
Why would anyone want to play GH 5 dlc on older games anyway? Only thing I could understand is maybe if GH 5 isn't out in your region...

Because the competition lets you? I understand that there's really no reason to play WT at this point, but there's still a lot of people playing RB1 and they're still buying DLC. Why limit the audience?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I thought Activision was going to patch World Tour to be compatible with the new GH franchise innovations.

That's a pretty shitty move on their part.

Explains why when I tweeted GHDevs and asked them this very question I got no response. I THOUGHT WE WERE TWIT BUDDIES.

Grecco

Ridley327 said:
Because the competition lets you? I understand that there's really no reason to play WT at this point, but there's still a lot of people playing RB1 and they're still buying DLC. Why limit the audience?

I reeeeeeeeeeeally doubt that theres alot of people playing RB1 and DLC.

Grecco said:
I reeeeeeeeeeeally doubt that theres alot of people playing RB1 and DLC.

Even so, it's still fucked up to flat out say "hey, WT owners, no more DLC for you".

Hopefully, this means the weekly message mentioning me on GHWT will stay there FOREVER.

Xevren

I didn't even know WT had a message, I don't really care about the message on RB 2 so I guess it's pretty easy for me to miss :p

Be sure to check it forever now.

According to ScoreHero, the drum fills are like Metallica, in that the sound your drum makes is taken from the song. That's a big deal for me, I loved it in GHM.

Ridley327

Yeah, I noticed that on Sultans of Swing. It also seems like they understood the complaints about mapping the orange cymbal and blue tom to the blue pad on the RB kit and orange is now on the green pad. It's still not a perfect setup, but it's better than what it was.

He looks slightly weird. WAIT FOR 720P VERSION?

He's animated well though. At least he looks like he has emotion during Plug In Baby, unlike old Paul in Helter Skelter /EvilArchie

Zombie Kurt looks good.

Lithium sounds kinda good (relatively)

Plug In Baby looks about as fun as most Muse songs to play, which is to say, not very. But I love the song, so it makes up for it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think Cobain looks fine, but Bellamy just looks weird. The way his face animates, maybe. I don't know. It bothered me.

Xevren

They keep picking really crappy songs to play in these games from them. Then again most wouldn't be challenging for the most part, except New Born maybe, and that's just because of the solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom