• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

The games out today right? Anyone pick it up? I'll be heading over to Gamestop to pick up my preorder (and hopefully my code) today unless today is ship day.

VGChampion said:
The games out today right? Anyone pick it up? I'll be heading over to Gamestop to pick up my preorder (and hopefully my code) today unless today is ship day.

I sure hope it's available today. I'm calling Gamestop when they open to see if its in.

Well that sucks. Not in until tomorrow. Luckily they have the codes so I'll pick that up but I was hoping for my one day off until Thanksgiving to play it.

Costanza

Banned
VGChampion said:
Today is ship date but it may show up in some stores.

windfish

i played the game for some time now and what can i say..
At first I was, like a lot of whiny people here, really disappointed
by the fact, that this is not a sequel to my beloved good old Jump'n'Run B&K, and yeah right it‘s a damn Spin-off, no banjo 3. While I first wasn't sure if this game is my cup of tea, I tried to give it a chance and I‘ am glad I did. The game is charming and with little jokes everywhere, it has RARE written all over it. If you liked the other Banjo games, you will feel home from the very first minute.

My biggest concern turns out to be the games greatest strength. The vehicle customization is completely awesome and makes the tasks and exploration in the game a fun and rewarding experiance.
Creating Cars, Boats or whatever is much more like puzzle solving than I first thought it would be and it feels great to accomplish a task with a completely new build vehicle and different strategies after screwing over in the first tries with another ride. It is really fun and I spend way too much time with just
building the wildest things, to try them out for a few minutes and then build another ride. Guess it‘s like the Little Big Planet for Microsoft.

With pretty awesome and huge worlds the game still has its flaws and I really felt frustrated more than I like to admit. While it‘s great to have so many possibilities in creating stuff, it sometimes feels more like working around bad gamedesing than anything. With a lot of stuff lying around in the worlds and pretty bad NPC AI, the given tasks can be a real pain the ass if you want to go for the record. The slightest touch can cause you to fall, rotate or collide with something else and ruin a good run. While you could blame my lack of creating good rides there certainly is no excuse for the bad handling you have to come over with, when getting a vehicle by the game.
There was one race track where I had to turn around at some point of the course and heading back the exact same way to the finish, too bad all the other npc players where now in front of me and causing a big crash, all that happening in a small tunnel with almost no chance in avoiding anything! What the? I‘m mean come one that‘s just cheap and shitty design.

I‘m now at the final Stage and it starts to feel a little repetitive going for another jiggy or another T.T. Trophy you missed because of a little crab you hit down at the beach and messed up the record time. Its a little trial and error.
Still I want to make clear that this game was great fun for me, its pure eye candy and for the most part the flaws can be ignored when having a blast, flying through the air while sitting on 3 GiantRocketJets!
They really put some effort into this!

(I will add some pictures later if someone cares)

The game could come today, I remember Super Paper Mario being released the same day it got shipped. So lets hope it releases today :D

Jonsoncao

Banned
windfish said:
i played the game for some time now and what can i say..
At first I was, like a lot of whiny people here, really disappointed
by the fact, that this is not a sequel to my beloved good old Jump'n'Run B&K, and yeah right it‘s a damn Spin-off, no banjo 3. While I first wasn't sure if this game is my cup of tea, I tried to give it a chance and I‘ am glad I did. The game is charming and with little jokes everywhere, it has RARE written all over it. If you liked the other Banjo games, you will feel home from the very first minute.

My biggest concern turns out to be the games greatest strength. The vehicle customization is completely awesome and makes the tasks and exploration in the game a fun and rewarding experiance.
Creating Cars, Boats or whatever is much more like puzzle solving than I first thought it would be and it feels great to accomplish a task with a completely new build vehicle and different strategies after screwing over in the first tries with another ride. It is really fun and I spend way too much time with just
building the wildest things, to try them out for a few minutes and then build another ride. Guess it‘s like the Little Big Planet for Microsoft.

With pretty awesome and huge worlds the game still has its flaws and I really felt frustrated more than I like to admit. While it‘s great to have so many possibilities in creating stuff, it sometimes feels more like working around bad gamedesing than anything. With a lot of stuff lying around in the worlds and pretty bad NPC AI, the given tasks can be a real pain the ass if you want to go for the record. The slightest touch can cause you to fall, rotate or collide with something else and ruin a good run. While you could blame my lack of creating good rides there certainly is no excuse for the bad handling you have to come over with, when getting a vehicle by the game.
There was one race track where I had to turn around at some point of the course and heading back the exact same way to the finish, too bad all the other npc players where now in front of me and causing a big crash, all that happening in a small tunnel with almost no chance in avoiding anything! What the? I‘m mean come one that‘s just cheap and shitty design.

I‘m now at the final Stage and it starts to feel a little repetitive going for another jiggy or another T.T. Trophy you missed because of a little crab you hit down at the beach and messed up the record time. Its a little trial and error.
Still I want to make clear that this game was great fun for me, its pure eye candy and for the most part the flaws can be ignored when having a blast, flying through the air while sitting on 3 GiantRocketJets!
They really put some effort into this!

(I will add some pictures later if someone cares)

pix!!!!! thanks a lot for sharing your exp

azz0r

Banned
Had it for a few days now.

Really "meh".

Should have stuck to the platform technique.

Now its just huge huge worlds with too much space.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Wow, I just called my GameStop and they said they had 5 pre-orders for the game, but Microsoft only sent them two codes for Banjo XBLA so it's a first come first serve between the 5 people (including me) and then they get no more codes. :lol

That is NOT what was promised from the pre-order program, what the fuck.

Sydle

I hope that pre-order Banjo code mess gets straightened out. I'll be upset if I don't get one. To be safe, I better start yelling at the right people and work my way up to an authority figure within MS now...

JdFoX187

Banned
*Sigh* Now Gamestop tells me they're not getting preorder codes for Banjo. Idiots working there. I don't think I've ever received a code or any preorder bonus that they "advertise."

Costanza

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Wow, I just called my GameStop and they said they had 5 pre-orders for the game, but Microsoft only sent them two codes for Banjo XBLA so it's a first come first serve between the 5 people (including me) and then they get no more codes. :lol

Now that I think about it, I only saw 2 or 3 cards in the drawer when they gave me mine. What the fuck Microsoft?

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Magazine racks will suffer if I don't get my fucking code.

Magazine racks? I'm gonna muster up my nerd rage into one mighty trust and knock the goddamn store over if they don't have a code.

DogWelder

JdFoX187 said:
*Sigh* Now Gamestop tells me they're not getting preorder codes for Banjo. Idiots working there. I don't think I've ever received a code or any preorder bonus that they "advertise."

If they pull this shit on me, I'm going to cancel my preorder and buy the game elsewhere out of spite.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Pretty much my plan.

"Oh... you don't have a code for me? I'd like to make a return."

Only problem with this is you still don't get the code. When I go in tomorrow to pick up the game and if they don't have a bonus for me, I'll still take it but get the district managers phone number. They hate when customers complain and am certain I could get something out of it.

GreekWolf

Domino Theory said:

I think the more likely answer, is that there are several Gamestop employees entering your pre-order code on their 360's.

windfish

Jonsoncao said:
pix!!!!! thanks a lot for sharing your exp

I thought i could upload the screens directly from the game, but it looks like this function isn't available yet! I am sorry!!

does anyone knows a way how to get pictures or files from the xbox hdd to the pc?

fernoca

Well, now I understand why Gamestop.com removed the preorder bonus and Amazon giving the codees 5 days after the release of the game...

The preorder program started months ago, so they obivously expected some..interest or at least to spike sales get more preorders out..

But like that store mentioned that had 5 preorders, but only got 2...as in most cases when your submit orders, you have to aim high to receive at least enough. In this case, they probably only had 1 preorder when they submitted the original order to get the cards..and considering that it went from 1 to 5 (wow 5 times :p)..it shows that there was barely to no interest on it;l when many other games can get 10,20,100 preorders with no problem.

But who knows, Microsoft has been weird lately...after screwing the Limited Edition of Fable 2 in every possible way (removed content, then some copies not having the remaining content -i.e. DLC cards-, to then just give the "exclusive content" for free..)...compared to how smooth everything went with Gears 2...we'll see if they do something for those that preordered but didn't got the code.

Anyway; back to the thread..can't wait for tomorrow!! Got the call a few hours ago to pick my copy tomorrow after 1PM... :)

JSnake

fernoca said:
Well, now I understand why Gamestop.com removed the preorder bonus and Amazon giving the codees 5 days after the release of the game...

Amazon is sending out the codes WITHIN 5 days after the release. So, people who pre-ordered from Amazon will get their code anytime from now to the 16th.

fernoca

windfish said:
I thought i could upload the screens directly from the game, but it looks like this function isn't available yet! I am sorry!!

does anyone knows a way how to get pictures or files from the xbox hdd to the pc?
You can't...officially.
The feature seems to go "live" later today, tomorrow for sure..since today it was when teh game started shipping to stores, so not that many people have it.

Once uploaded, the pictures can be taken from www.banjokazooie.com

For those looking for the game who don't want to wait until tomorrow, I just called my local Best Buy and they said that they should have it in by 2:00. Try calling around at bigger stores like Fred Meyer and such and you might have a little more luck.

IF you can't handle the wait, that is. :lol

fernoca

JSnake said:
Amazon is sending out the codes WITHIN 5 days after the release. So, people who pre-ordered from Amazon will get their code anytime from now to the 16th.
Now they removed the preorder bonus note and has the game "in stock" on Nov. 13 (can order it anyway) while still having a different game with preorder bonus....maybe the ones that preordered earlier will get the code and the game soon.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
funkmastergeneral said:
Rare's community manager posts here on occasion so hopefully he could help iron out issues with pre order codes?
I doubt it. The pre-order codes are Microsoft's thing - I don't think George knows much more than we do.

I got a call from Ashley at Gamestop(lol) and she told me that they'd have N&B in tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited! :D

dejay

Banned
Domino Theory said:

5 codes minus one for the manager, one for his arse licking sidekick and one for his mate perhaps.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
GreekWolf said:
I think the more likely answer, is that there are several Gamestop employees entering your pre-order code on their 360's.

Yeah, I have a friend that works at Gamecrazy--that actually happens there (judging by all of the swag he brings home).

dejay said:
5 codes minus one for the manager, one for his arse licking sidekick and one for his mate perhaps.
Yup, that's pretty much how it works.

To the guy getting screwed... demand a points card instead.

Wow all your gamestops must suck. I like my ebgames because they are nice people and they even put my name on the pre-order card :D

I checked my status on gamestop.com and it says "Backordered". I placed my order over a month ago, with OVERNIGHT shipping. I'm going to be really disappointed if I get screwed over on this.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If I do not get my BK XBLA preorder code, I will throw a fucking fit. It's the reason I preordered the damn game, which I never do because it commits you to buying from that one store.

Hopefully my Gamestop will come through with a Code. There are a few decent folks that work there and they really havent let me down before. If they do, I will scream LOUDLY.

Woffls

Holy. Crap.

Been playing the demo again and there's LOADS of stuff to do! I found a switch on top of that castle looking structure, and it said something about a trap door and that I need to race some dude to open it? Where is this dude?

I made a plane with a torpedo launcher ^_^

Also, can you open up the red bits with boxes behind them?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I called Gamestop and the guy was like "Yeah, we have some codes." Emphasis on the some. I don't know what that means. I wish I could get over there faster than after school, but unfortunately I will have to wait.

Woffls

Found a big egg with a question mark on it as well ;)

No idea what to do with it =\ I'm flying it around in my tray plane.

I love this game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Woffls said:
Holy. Crap.

Been playing the demo again and there's LOADS of stuff to do! I found a switch on top of that castle looking structure, and it said something about a trap door and that I need to race some dude to open it? Where is this dude?

I made a plane with a torpedo launcher ^_^

Also, can you open up the red bits with boxes behind them?
Whoa. How many weapons are in the full game? The egg shooter in the demo didn't really do it for me.

Sean

Banned
Went to two Gamestops today to see if they had the game, they said tomorrow.... and neither store had the preorder vouchers (unless they were lying).

I don't like what I'm hearing about them not having enough codes for the preorders. If I get screwed by GS (again) there's gonna be hell to pay.

AniHawk

Fantastical said:
I called Gamestop and the guy was like "Yeah, we have some codes." Emphasis on the some. I don't know what that means. I wish I could get over there faster than after school, but unfortunately I will have to wait.

What it means is that people have picked up their codes before canceling their preorders.

Sean said:
Went to two Gamestops today to see if they had the game, they said tomorrow.... and neither store had the preorder vouchers (unless they were lying).

I don't like what I'm hearing about them not having enough codes for the preorders. If I get screwed by GS (again) there's gonna be hell to pay.

I trust Amazon more, and I'll be sticking with them for stuff like this. Getting it a bit later is a small price to pay when the alternative is maybe not getting it at all.

Top Bottom