• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

fernoca

BrandNew said:
I'm going to demand a point-card for 1200 points if I don't get my code for Banjo Kazooie.
Remember going to Xbox.com for that, or Major Nelson..Gamestop can't do anything about it. And considering the few people in general that preordered it; they can always bring the *While suplies last* argument.

As I was told...
The preorder program started on September 25, around mid-October stores were allocated an specifc number of cards, based on the preorders they had..stores with 0 by that date weren't going to get any, other depending on how much (1 preorder? 2 codes just in case; etc..)..to then being shipped at a later date.

Early in November the preorder bonus/note was removed from stores (stores had a mini-standee promoting it) and websites and employees were told to not inform about the deal or if asked, say that they got enough for the original preorders.

fernoca

JSnake said:
My estimated delivery date still says tomorrow.
Then there's still some hope..
But they changed the date like yesterday and even removed the preorder bonus..so who knows..

In general I'm kinda dissapointed but with Microsoft regarding this game...they went all out for Gears 2 and shipped the game around a week in advance, allocated millions for next week's New Xbox Experience..yet ignored Banjo-Kazooie and are shipping the game basically at this moment.. :/ .... maybe they were like "well, we bought them from Nintendo.. so we did our part"..

fernoca said:
In general I'm kinda dissapointed but with Microsoft regarding this game...the went all out for Gears 2, allocated millions for next week's New Xbox Experience..yet ignored Banjo-Kazooie.. :/ .... maybe they were like "well, we bought them from Nintendo.. so we did our part"..

Seriously. Missed opportunity, man.

diffusionx

Gold Member
fernoca said:
Then there's still some hope..
But they changed the date like yesterday and even removed the preorder bonus..so who knows..

In general I'm kinda dissapointed but with Microsoft regarding this game...they went all out for Gears 2 and shipped the game around a week in advance, allocated millions for next week's New Xbox Experience..yet ignored Banjo-Kazooie and are shipping the game basically at this moment.. :/ .... maybe they were like "well, we bought them from Nintendo.. so we did our part"..

It's the exact same shit they did to PGR4.

I picked up Nuts and Bolts but My Gamestop ran out of Codes. Im pretty pissed off right now. Although unlikely, I would hope that MS would address this. Its not fair to those who preordered and got shafted. If anyone somehow has an extra code, please let me know.

Costanza

Banned
gnarkill bill said:
I picked up Nuts and Bolts but My Gamestop ran out of Codes. Im pretty pissed off right now. Although unlikely, I would hope that MS would address this. Its not fair to those who preordered and got shafted. If anyone somehow has an extra code, please let me know.
Dude Microsoft hasn't even done anything for the people who bought the Fable 2 LE and were missing DLC codes. Sadly you guys won't be getting anything.

BrandNew said:
I'm going to demand a point-card for 1200 points if I don't get my code for Banjo Kazooie.

Good luck with that.

More than likely, they'll just say it said "While supplies last" and give you the cold shoulder.

Amazon still says Nov 17th for me (I'm using the slow shipping method). I'm hoping that if anything they put the Banjo codes with the game in the package.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Just got back from Gamestop...
3024972187_7373f06419.jpg

This is torture - I can't play either of these games yet because I have an exam tonight & two exams tomorrow night. I hate exams =( =( =(

Bananimus

Iced_Eagle said:
Amazon still says Nov 17th for me (I'm using the slow shipping method). I'm hoping that if anything they put the Banjo codes with the game in the package.
You should get an email a few days after release, I believe. They do the same thing with gift cards.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
gnarkill bill said:
Hey, you're in luck. Gamestop gave me a card when I went to pickup N&B today even though I already picked one up earlier last week. I was going to take it back, but then I remembered all the the GAFers that were likely not to get a code even though they pre-ordered.

I'll PM you the code : )

Costanza

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Did you get to play N&B at all?
Yeah for an hour or so.

The writing, graphics, art style, characters, etc are all fucking wonderful. It's a must buy for Banjo fans just for that stuff. Unfortunately I'm still not feeling the gameplay. Hopefully that changes when better vehicle blueprints get unlocked.

Zoso said:
Just got back from Gamestop...
3024972187_7373f06419.jpg

This is torture - I can't play either of these games yet because I have an exam tonight & two exams tomorrow night. I hate exams =( =( =(

Mmmm...delicious. Still, I feel for you man. I was in the same position last week with LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2.

Of course, my situation ended where I studied for my big Psych exam two hours then cracked and blazed through the Resistance 2 campaign only to find out two days later that I got an A on the Psych exam that I studied very little for. :lol

Zoso said:
Hey, you're in luck. Gamestop gave me a card when I went to pickup N&B today even though I already picked one up earlier last week. I was going to take it back, but then I remembered all the the GAFers that were likely not to get a code even though they pre-ordered.

I'll PM you the code : )

Thank you so much man!

Cronen

jowa said:
nope. :(

edit: oh, just checked, they are currently packing it. :D hopefully they'll email me the code soon.

Mine has been stuck on 'Packing' for a few hours now. Still hasn't been posted, unless they just haven't updated my order and haven't emailed me. If they post it tomorrow, it's unlikely I'll get it on Friday -_-.

burgerdog

Amazon is terrible with shipping, never ordering from them again.

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: November 14, 2008

* 1 of: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

I can't pick up Banjo: N&B right now because I have school :(, but I am happy because I got my code the other day so I won't have any problems. The ones who got the game, How is the game? Is it fun like the old Banjo games?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I didn't get my code. :(
Goddamn it Gamestop. I'm so pissed off. If any one perhaps has a spare I would appreciate it.

Microsoft will be getting some angry emails.

AniHawk

So I got to Gamestop and they didn't have any Banjo-Kazooie.... Nuts & Bolts.

Or Mirror's Edge.

Did get both freebies though. My former manager wasn't thrilled since UPS dropped off every box but the one containing new releases.

Shadowlink123 said:
Yea I played the demo but I thought stuff would change later on in the game. I am still getting the game though.

That came off a lot douchier than intended. Sorry. I was legitimately just trying to suggest playing the demo, as it is breezy and beautiful fun.

BenjaminBirdie said:
The demo gives you a really good idea of what to expect.
In a way I didn't like the demo... doing too much stuff that you'd have to do over again when you get the full game. For me it was almost too big.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That came off a lot douchier than intended. Sorry. I was legitimately just trying to suggest playing the demo, as it is breezy and beautiful fun.
It's cool :D, I can't wait to pick up the game and play it.

Top Bottom