• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
As they should have. The game's basically unreadable on my tv. Combine that with auto-scrolling text bubbles, and there's a real issue.

:lol LOG says some funny shit.

"They're all in the pipeline, you know. New Killer Instinct, Battletoads and Jet Force Gemini games. Even Ghoulies 2! Oh, you'll never believe that. I've ruined my own humorous jape!"

Everyone has always wondered who got Blast Corps - Rare or Nintendo - and this is interesting that they mention all the fan-demanded series' except that one here.. perhaps Nintendo owns it.

Also.. yeah. This game is amazing. Soo addicted.

AniHawk

APZonerunner said:
:lol LOG says some funny shit.

"They're all in the pipeline, you know. New Killer Instinct, Battletoads and Jet Force Gemini games. Even Ghoulies 2! Oh, you'll never believe that. I've ruined my own humorous jape!"

Everyone has always wondered who got Blast Corps - Rare or Nintendo - and this is interesting that they mention all the fan-demanded series' except that one here.. perhaps Nintendo owns it.

Also.. yeah. This game is amazing. Soo addicted.

THEY ACKNOWLEDGED JET FORCE GEMINI OH MY GOD

Watch it become a strategy rpg

Anyone who thinks this game 'isn't banjo' really needs their heads testing. The gameplay mechanic is different, but it's still so very banjo in every way. Even the gameplay is very very reminsicent of the old games, even if the way you perform 'moves' and tasks is fundamentally different.

Great game. Demo really, really doesn't get the point across, either.

I like knocking over the trees in Nutty acres. In fact I want to build a giant bulldozer that simply tries to knock over as much crap as possible.

I did the first Grunty challenge in like two seconds. :lol
Just drove straight into her with the Cage vehicle.

Kuroyume

Banned
Awesome... I used Amazon and paid for overnight shipping and they still haven't shipped it yet. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow. I don't see how that will work out, but okay whatever.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, I went to get my preorder today from GameStop. No Banjo Kazooie XBLA code.

One of the staffers asked another staffer where they were, and the idiot actually breathed "uhhh... well david took one of them... and I gave one away today..."

To which I responded "wait, you gave them both away? what?"

Breathed back "yeah.... let me check the computer to see if we have any more... -minute goes by-... uhh oh! we have 2 according to the computer!"

Then the other staffer glared at him and said "Yes... the two you gave away".

Breather: "Oooohhhhhhh!"

Ugh fuck.

KevinCow

Banned
Are patches on the 360 something you need a hard drive for, or can they be used from a memory card? I might be getting a 360 for this game and a few others, and I don't really plan on doing Live or XBLA or anything outside of saving games, so the Arcade seems to suit both my needs and budget. But it would suck if I needed to go the extra $100 just so I could read the text in this game.

Thermite

In Showdown Town, what does the number above the various crates that contain vehicle parts mean? Is that how many parts you have to have total before you can carry that crate to Mumbo?

Kuroyume

Banned
KevinCow said:
Are patches on the 360 something you need a hard drive for, or can they be used from a memory card? I might be getting a 360 for this game and a few others, and I don't really plan on doing Live or XBLA or anything outside of saving games, so the Arcade seems to suit both my needs and budget. But it would suck if I needed to go the extra $100 just so I could read the text in this game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/hardware/memoryupdate/default.htm

You can apply for a memory upgrade.

KevinCow said:
Are patches on the 360 something you need a hard drive for, or can they be used from a memory card?
Someone mentioned in the other thread that patches are limited to 2MB. I dunno if that's true or not, but all the patches I've seen have been really quick downloads, so I think you'd be fine with a memory card.

KevinCow

Banned
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably try out that memory upgrade thing when I get it, but if it works with the memory card then I should be good.

mm04

Amazon shipped my 2 copies today. Arriving on Friday. My nephew played the demo and he's been counting the days until this thing shows up. Hopefully, the codes get sent to me shortly after.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gnarkill bill said:
Does anyone have any tips for defending Clanker's eyes? Im really having trouble with that one.
I did it by stepping off the vehicle and using the spinning attack. You won't get a trophy, but the jiggy should be no problem.

gnarkill bill said:
Does anyone have any tips for defending Clanker's eyes? Im really having trouble with that one.

if you're standing between his eyes looking forward, the enemies come from the left. What I did was take my vehicle to the bottom of clanker and kept the vehicle still (facing towards the wall, but far from it). As they began rolling towards him, I just kept kept blasting them with the little gunner attached to the vehicle. It's the fastest and easiest way to do it (I've only played the demo so far)

gnarkill bill said:

Ugh I HATED that one from the demo (my copy hasn't shipped from Amazon yet :( ).

I think it will be easier to do if you can build an agile helicopter with guns, or get some sticky tires to avoid the shitstorm of the curved surface so you don't slide all over.

I had some CRAZY ideas for that challenge :lol

At first, I didn't realize what the challenge was and thought things were going to be flying straight at his eyes, so I built a wall that moves side to side. It didn't turn out well once I realized they came from all over :lol

I just ended up building a tank and trying my best to whoop their asses. I got the jiggy, but definitely not the trophy.

Theres enough platforming and collecting in shodown town to keep you busy for hours, I love finding new parts and seeing what I get. Ive already made some crazyass vehicles and I hardly unlocked a lot of parts. I seriously didnt care for the demo but loving the retail version. For $40 its a no brainer, and I think its the best looking 360 game, I cant believe some of the really low review scores its getting

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
LOGBOX 720
:lol

I also love the tips in this game; "As you can tell, tips are always helpful. Sadly, this one isn't. Sorry about that." :lol

And I did a jiggy quest in
Nutty Acres
and when I accidentally selected to do the jiggy again for a trophy, I clicked "Wimp out" and the guy told me
"Bear go cry about lack of platforming in game now"
:lol

This game is too awesome.

Thermite said:
In Showdown Town, what does the number above the various crates that contain vehicle parts mean? Is that how many parts you have to have total before you can carry that crate to Mumbo?

I'd like to know this, too.

Oh god I played all night long. I got 5th place on the "Ice to See You" challenge leaderboard! My replay is up there and everything! This game is really, really fun. Addictive as sin. The game just keeps rewarding you with more and more cool stuff. New parts are just flying at you constantly.

andymcc

Banned
i'm sure it's already been said here, but, man, some of the racing missions are so far from fun. not only are the mechanics frustrating, but LOG likes to force you to use shitty fucking vehicles too. the
logbox 720
race feels like your racing around on a magnetized grocery cart. not fun.

andymcc

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Is there anyway to romp around the gorgeous remake of Spiral Mountain that appears at the beginning (and title screen)?

the instructions say the last world is spiral mountain.

Psychotext said:
I'm in the UK... but if my pre-order doesn't have the code with it I'll simply be buying the game when it's £10 cheaper. That sort of shit makes me real angry.

Add to the fact we have to pay nearly double for the game in the first place.:lol

p3tran

Banned
gnarkill bill said:

I think you have to destroy a number of spheres and not just protect the eyes.
fix a sturdy machine with good grip and lots of firepower, and you should have no problem.

Ramenman

gnarkill bill said:

As said in the demo thread, the instructions for this challenge suck.

You win by killing a set number of gruntbots before the eyes are destroyed, you don't actually have to "defend" the eyes.

Imo when you read what you have to do it really looks like you have to keep Clanker's eyes alive for a certain period of time, but that's not the case.

This might be your problem :)

Ramenman

andymcc said:
i'm sure it's already been said here, but, man, some of the racing missions are so far from fun. not only are the mechanics frustrating, but LOG likes to force you to use shitty fucking vehicles too. the
logbox 720
race feels like your racing around on a magnetized grocery cart. not fun.

Haven't played the game yet, but when I realised by playing the demo that the LOG could force vehicles upon you I immediatly imagined that there would be some missions where you have to control an absolutely uncontrolable vehicle, the challenge being in, you know, controlling it.

But if all the other racers are racing around like there's no problem at all I understand where the frustration comes into play.

Note: the spoiler posted below contains what many of you might consider an irresistible cheat. You will regret doing it if you want to progress through the game as intended.

It's somewhat disappointing that the
levitation glitch, done by loading your cart with a crate, standing on the crate, then using the wrench to levitate the cart
is still in the game. I couldn't resist exploring the areas of Showdown Town I don't belong in. I probably have much nicer parts than someone who hasn't even entered world 1 should have.

painey

I have to admit, I am really surprised at the game. I wrote it off, but its surprisingly fun so far. Still, I would have preferred a platformer but this is certainly enjoyable right now, alot moreso than Mirrors Edge or CoD5.

KevinCow

Banned
watkinzez said:
The Banjo and Kazooie one was only mildy funny, but this Mumbo facebook page is hilarious. :lol
That's great. I also like Banjo & Kazooie's.

Craig Conrad

Hello.

First off, I want to say that I am a huge fan of the B-K series.

Now on to my questions:

1. Do you have any ill will towards Mario and company?
2. Are there any Nintendo references in Nuts and Bolts, or the Xbox live remake of the original?
3. If asked, would Banjo and Kazooie fight in Super Smash Bros?
4. Finally, how was the transition from the N64 to the Xbox 360? Is the core elements still realized in Nuts and Bolts (in addition to all of the vehicle options)? I am looking forward to this game with great anticipation.

Thanks for considering my questions!

BANJO: Core elements still realized? I, uh… I… yes? Maybe?

KAZOOIE: Now look, you’ve confused the simpleton again. No, I don’t bear any ill will towards anyone except Grunty, those two grotty sisters of hers, and some other people including Bottles and perhaps a bit of residual resentment towards Klungo. We don’t put the references in, don’t ask us – it’s creative licence, we just provide the inspiration. And yes, I reckon we’d be a pretty good match for some of those Smash Bros. weirdoes. So what if there are two of us? The Ice Climbers get away with it, and they haven’t had a game of their own for even longer than us…

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My copy has just arrived, just waiting hopeing that Game e-mail me my Banjo code tomorrow.

Prine said:
Can you people stop talking about the codes and more about the game please? Please?

GOD FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

"I got the game! No code!"
"I got the game! CODE!!"

HELLO. You GOT the GAME!

Tell us what happened next!!!

Prine said:
:lol The amount of times i've come in looking for impressions and get pages about XBLA codes.

Multiply it by two and you've got me. Rent gutted my wallet this/last month so it'll probably be a week or two before I can get this so I'm dying to hear more play impressions.

p3tran

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Tell us what happened next!!!

very enjoyable game overall, and a refreshing "relax" from all the massacre shooters in the market.

ps
I'd love to see some more difficult/complex challenges though.
maybe they are already present and will find them later,
or maybe rare should do it as free dlc/update ;p

Masked Man

I said wow
Mumbo's Facebook said:
Oscar Felix Goovaerts Fjellstad

akom-ikom-ukom, ukom-anna-ikom-bukom?

MUMBO: Eekumbokum. Your accent terrible. But in answer to question: yes, definitely. Maybe throw in free spark plugs and oil change as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Martin Baller

Will we get to see you in your skirt again?

MUMBO: Skirt! Oomenacka. Handsome Shaman Institute encourage students to find own ritual costume, Mumbo go for something simple and practical but classically elegant. Not wear at moment though, not feel right if not currently engaged in shamanic practice.

:lol Oh, the fond memories!

Top Bottom