• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Psychotext said:
In a way I didn't like the demo... doing too much stuff that you'd have to do over again when you get the full game. For me it was almost too big.

(I actually kind of agree. I've been playing the OG Banjo until I can get it.)

JSnake

Just got back from a doctor's appointment. I was pretty excited on the drive back because I couldn't wait to get home and read the email saying N&B was shipped and here is your code good customer.

:mad:

SpokkX

Ramenman said:
Viva Pinata 2 was region free, and the first VP too.

Believe, we'll have the answer in a couple of days :p

Strange that vg+ or playasis hasn´t tested if Banjo(US) is region free yet. The game is like half price in the US...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It pisses me off that codes are 'while supplies last'. It's a fucking code. It isn't tangible. I understand that the cardboard slip it comes on is, but give me a code...

:(

Really pissed. I really don't think this would have happened if a company like Nintendo was responsible.

I'm having fun with the game, but honestly, not getting BK XBLA kind of burnt me out when I tried to have some real fun with the game. I felt so ripped off.

Fantastical said:
Really pissed. I really don't think this would have happened if a company like Nintendo was responsible.

I agree with you but the thing is, Nintendo doesn't really do any extras with any of their games. The last thing I remember getting from them was the gold coin with Galaxies.

Ive only played alittle bit of Nuts and Bolts(addicted to BK XBLA) but from what Ive played, I really like it. Its fun to explore around Showdown Town. The game is beautiful and the music is top notch...I love the remixes of old Banjo tunes.

Costanza

Banned
Ok so, I said I wasn't feeling the gameplay. Forget that.

I just played for a while and unlocked the parts for a bunch of different kinds of vehicles and it's so much more fun to drive around now. I wasn't expecting to say this but I'm actually enjoying the majority of the challenges as well.

P.S.: The
Logbox 720
(just a level name) level is fucking cool. I think one of these characters is a spoof of
Cliffy B (Celebrity Video Game Coder or something)?
I haven't gotten to him yet but I'm looking forward to it.

I can't believe this game was only $25!

Yes Boss!

VGChampion said:
I agree with you but the thing is, Nintendo doesn't really do any extras with any of their games. The last thing I remember getting from them was the gold coin with Galaxies.

You don't remember that awesome Zelda compilation disc? Still the preorder item to be topped...though Banjo XBLA is phenomenal.

goldenpp72

the point is nintendo does an extra like every 2 years or some shit, MS seems to do them with everything so using nintendo as a great example isn't that great of an example :lol

Picked up my copy of Nuts & Bolts today at GameStop, and I didn't get a code. They said they were all out of them, that they didn't get enough. I reserved the game as soon as I heard about the preorder bonus. I really wanted to play Banjo Kazooie, and it is making me upset that others get to play it, and I don't even have the option to buy it even if I wanted to. I'm sad.

Giard

I pre-ordered from Dell.ca and my order was delayed :(
Ordered Fallout 3 at the same time too....

Can't wait to try this out.

Costanza said:
This thread is not active enough. You guys do realize we have a new fucking BANJO KAZOOIE game out today, right?

Tell that to Amazon who thinks the game doesn't come out until they decide whenever the fuck they want to ship it to us.

I'm really disappointed in the way they are handling this release. This is the first game I have preordered through them and they blew it big time. If they would have had that code to me for the download of the original XBLA game today, as they should have, then they might have had a new regular customer.

So, I didn't pre-order this.. and I can't see it being worthwhile to purchase it without the BK XBLA code, since I want that game too..

Are any retailers sitting on extra copies that I'd get a DLC code now?

Seems like the whole pre-order bonus thing could discourage new sales after pre-orders are done.. Feels like I'm losing out by buying it now.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Picked up my copy of Nuts & Bolts today at GameStop, and I didn't get a code. They said they were all out of them, that they didn't get enough. I reserved the game as soon as I heard about the preorder bonus. I really wanted to play Banjo Kazooie, and it is making me upset that others get to play it, and I don't even have the option to buy it even if I wanted to. I'm sad.

My Gamestop said they never got any cards so it must be INSIDE THE GAME BOX. I knew he was wrong so I opened it right there in the store. When there was nothing but the manual he went to the back and his manager gave him a full stack of cards :|

I'd say I'm done with these stores but Amazon doesn't sound much better here.

Darklord

Banned
Costanza said:
This thread is not active enough. You guys do realize we have a new fucking BANJO KAZOOIE game out today, right?

Call me crazy but weren't you really negative towards the game when the first reviews came out?

fernoca

Darn, decided to ignroe the demo because I wanted it to be as fresh as possible on day 1..and darn, what an awesome game..

• Freaking beautifully-detailed visuals
  • Loved the whole introductory chapter
  • Taking pictures is so easy, every game should have it this way (Pause the game, Hit Take Photo, adjust the camera, press A, save it.) you can upload it from there, but I'm Live-less for now.
  • Making vehicles is a breeze, only limited by how many pieces you have at the moment and your imagination
  • Score seems to be remixed versions from the classic songs (which I really like)
  • There's a lot of humor, in-jokes

Plus the game included a poster .. :) ..and yep I got the code..
last week.

Big props to Rare and shame to Microsoft for not pimping this game more.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Got it tonight, but I'm too busy playing BK1, which was so fucking awesome years ago... and still is!

Sean

Banned
Woohoo! After trying four Gamestops I finally found a store that had codes. They said they didn't have a record of me in their system, I showed them my preorder receipt (from another GS) and they said I would've had to preorder from their store. Then I acted really disappointed (which I honestly was) and gave them a big sob story and finally the manager or someone higher up said "just give it to him" :D

Even though I'm happy that I got one, the bait-and-switch Microsoft pulled here is fucking sleazy and disgusting. There's no excuse to not be able to send out pieces of paper with codes on em, especially since the promotion was cut off several weeks ago - they had plenty of preparation time and knew exactly how many codes they needed to print.

BTW the first Gamestop I went to said to keep the receipt and you can get a code from Microsoft (emailing their support) but I doubt that's true, probably just something he pulled out of his ass. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

fernoca

If anyone was wondering..the install size is 6.6GB.
Loadings have been really short or no loadings at all, but I've been playing with it installed since the first second.

Sean said:
Even though I'm happy that I got one, the bait-and-switch Microsoft pulled here is fucking sleazy and disgusting. There's no excuse to not be able to send out pieces of paper with codes on em, especially since the promotion was cut off several weeks ago - they had plenty of preparation time and knew exactly how many they needed to make.
I'm in the UK... but if my pre-order doesn't have the code with it I'll simply be buying the game when it's £10 cheaper. That sort of shit makes me real angry.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Whoa. You know those vehicle show-off attract/demo sequences that play if you leave the game idle on the title screen? Is the framerate abysmal there for everyone, or just me?

G-Pink

1cesc said:
EB Games Canada still hasn't received it yet.

Got mine from EBGames Canada today. They received it today at the store I was at, and since I know the guys fairly well through my friend, they unboxed it for me.

Whoa. You know those vehicle show-off attract/demo sequences that play if you leave the game idle on the title screen? Is the framerate abysmal there for everyone, or just me?

Yeah, I have been having some hiccups. It's kind of discouraging, but not enough to detract from the experience for me. I haven't installed it either.

CoilShot

Costanza said:
Ok so, I said I wasn't feeling the gameplay. Forget that.

I just played for a while and unlocked the parts for a bunch of different kinds of vehicles and it's so much more fun to drive around now. I wasn't expecting to say this but I'm actually enjoying the majority of the challenges as well.

P.S.: The
Logbox 720
(just a level name) level is fucking cool. I think one of these characters is a spoof of
Cliffy B (Celebrity Video Game Coder or something)?
I haven't gotten to him yet but I'm looking forward to it.

I can't believe this game was only $25!

What!?!? Where???

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
This game is amazing on so many levels. For right now I'm choosing to play the game as a platformer (with vehicles helping me get to some tough spots from time to time and for carrying crates I may find) and the game is letting me. Audio, visuals, humor, it all works in this game and they work together, I love it so much.

I just wandered around Showdown Town mansion (no spoilers since this part is in the demo as well) and decided to try and get to the top platforming since the the tourist booth told me about the top.

And I did; it was ridiculousy fun to get to the top. When I got to the top there was a crate waiting for me, but I saw this long pole that it let me climb, so I thought "what the hell". Low and behold I got an achievement for being at the very top of Showdown Town and took a picture to add to my album to boot. :D

You can choose to play this game the way you want, it works. Rare just spiced things up by having a vehicle by your side. A+++.

JSnake

Domino Theory said:
This game is amazing on so many levels. For right now I'm choosing to play the game as a platformer (with vehicles helping me get to some tough spots from time to time and for carrying crates I may find) and the game is letting me. Audio, visuals, humor, it all works in this game and they work together, I love it so much.

I just wandered around Showdown Town mansion (no spoilers since this part is in the demo as well) and decided to try and get to the top platforming since the the tourist booth told me about the top.

And I did; it was ridiculousy fun to get to the top. When I got to the top there was a crate waiting for me, but I saw this long pole that it let me climb, so I thought "what the hell". Low and behold I got an achievement for being at the very top of Showdown Town and took a picture to add to my album to boot. :D

You can choose to play this game the way you want, it works. Rare just spiced things up by having a vehicle by your side. A+++.

Awesome impressions, thanks! The first paragraph was especially great and MY FROTHING DEMAND FOR THIS GAME INCREASES.

burgerdog

Costanza said:

I wish I could chime in on the fun, but apparently Amazon is terrible with their shipping. Never ordering from them again.

CoilShot

Domino Theory said:
I hope the Showroom is up soon. I want to upload my Top-of-Showdown picture and save it to my desktop. :D

So since I don't have the game until tomorrow, Can someone explain what the showroom is?

CoilShot

burgerdog said:
I wish I could chime in on the fun, but apparently Amazon is terrible with their shipping. Never ordering from them again.

I've heard nothing but complains about amazon shipping with games. Sometimes people don't get their games shipped until the end of the week or later :/

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CoilShot said:
So since I don't have the game until tomorrow, Can someone explain what the showroom is?

Showroom is a section on Banjo-Kazooie.com that displays your uploaded photos (you take photos in-game whenever you want, then upload them to Banjo-Kazooie.com).

burgerdog said:

I posted this in the Banjo XBLA thread, but it is relevant here as well:

I recommend that everyone who preordered from Amazon go here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...d=557204#csTop

"Copy" your Order number, then click "E-mail us." Send them an email complaining that the product has not yet shipped and you have not recieved your download code despite the fact that other major retailers are already selling the product. Here is what I sent, feel free to be lazy and pillage it:

"I preordered Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts from you but it has not yet shipped. Other retails already have this product in stock and have already distributed the bonus download code for the original "Banjo Kazooie" game. When I preordered, the description said that this code would be e-mailed to me when the product was released, but I still have yet to receive this code despite the fact that retailers such as Gamestop have already distributed them. I am disappointed with your company's lack of expedience in dealing with this issue.

If they get enough complaints, maybe someone will actually get off their asses and mail out those codes.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
burgerdog said:
At least they're actually making good on the pre-order codes, unlike a certain popular video game retailer.

SapientWolf said:
At least they're actually making good on the pre-order codes, unlike a certain popular video game retailer.

Well, that is presumptive thinking at this point since they haven't given ANY codes out yet.

Top Bottom