• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Never knew you could change how the wheels and stuff work, I made my race car so all 4 wheels turn, thing turns on a dime. Ive already made like 15 differnt vehicles, I dont even need them for challenges, I just get an idea in my head and go make it. Im the most uncreative person, but the way everything looks makes you look like a genius.

So I played it yesterday night, and It was pretty fun, I don't know why I didn't like the demo though. I also liked at the beginning of the game when
LOG mentioned the italian plummer, which we all know is mario.
:D

You can change if you want them to turn, or not turn. Or drive or be free(example 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive) or 1 wheel or 3 wheel drive lol. Theres some more options also.

Yes Boss!

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Klungo's Arcade is so fucking awesome.

Fucking brilliant with the disparity between the drawn art and his pixel representation. And wholly shit, he is literally
saving the world.
:lol

CoilShot

funkmastergeneral said:
Meh. These challenges are not so fun. Everything seems to be "Collect X amount of X in X amount of time!" and exploration seems to just be a big waste of time. This is not a Banjo Kazooie game.

Clearly you haven't explored alot then. I've found new parts by exploring myself. Also, everything isn't "collect this item in this amount of time." Some challenges are racing, some are sports like soccer and some are even doing unusual things like sumo wrestling oddly enough(Just giving a few examples).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I beat levels 1 and 2, and have 3 and 4 open now. I had to go to bed because it was rally late, so I can't wait to play them when I get home tonight.
The jump before the last is a nightmare :)
Btw, it looks like for the first time (as far as I know) a MS game released in all territories at the same time isn't region-free. They certainly wanted to be sure no one of these dirty Europeans would dare import the much cheaper US release.
It's nice to be loved.

Brashnir

Blimblim said:
The jump before the last is a nightmare :)
Btw, it looks like for the first time (as far as I know) a MS game released in all territories at the same time isn't region-free. They certainly wanted to be sure no one of these dirty Europeans would dare import the much cheaper US release.
It's nice to be loved.

Americans love nothing more than to stick it to the French. :D

i JUST unlocked the first world, so i really haven't even started the game yet, but did anyone else think the whole beginning is hilarious?

Costanza

Banned
so, uh, I think you can upgrade banjo's jumping ability at the gym with the Speed option. now platforming around the hub world is actually really fun.

SpokkX

Blimblim said:
It's nice to be loved.

crap.. I would be half price if I imported

ah well I will get it anyway. Really annoying though :(

I have to admit... I liked the way the demo looked, but I was fairly underwhelmed at the challenges. I went to get my pre-order at Gamestop and I was thinking of switching it over to Left 4 Dead or get Gears 2 instead (It's on the Christmas list... I just finished Dead Space, half way through Fable 2, and just beginning to tackle Fallout 3. My wife would kill me if I bought another game). I decided it would come down to whether or not they had the Banjo Kazooie XBLA codes. I was worried at first when the guy who gave me the game didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Eventually he said "oh yeah, that" and gave me one, so I gave the game a chance.

I'm really glad I did. I'm definitely having a lot of fun with it. It's a great change of pace from the involved and violent Fallout 3 and the stressful and violent Dead Space.

When I tried out Banjo XBLA, my wife cracked up at the voices of the characters. "I'm sorry dear, but that's the gayest thing I've ever heard... ever."

burgerdog

Things are looking up! Amazon emailed me my code earlier and they shipped my game. Even though I selected 2 day shipping, the game will be here tomorrow as if it was 1 day. Great!

painey

I've clocked a few hours and im really digging the game, which surprised me as I was not looking forward to the new art style and game direction, but this is a good game and well worth the money. Sometimes the driving is downright clumsy and awkward, but the scope is huge, the characters are charming, and while the plot is contrived it openly admits it and the game is dripping in fan service.

painey said:
I've clocked a few hours and im really digging the game, which surprised me as I was not looking forward to the new art style and game direction, but this is a good game and well worth the money. Sometimes the driving is downright clumsy and awkward, but the scope is huge, the characters are charming, and while the plot is contrived it openly admits it and the game is dripping in fan service.

I really can't wait to make like a super maneuverable vehicle once I get all the parts and just tear ass all over the place.

fernoca

Regarding something that was mentioned earlier...yep, the whole "transionary soundtrack" from previous games it's also in this one..
You know, how you're in one area and then as you proceed to the next one that music starts fading and changing it's tune..whether it's the usually happy main song, changing to a more serious one when you're closer to the castle, to a more techno-vibe when you approach LOG.

KevinCow

Banned
L.O.G. Facebook Q&A is up. It's not as funny as the Mumbo and Banjo-Kazooie ones, though. The Grunty one should be up tomorrow, that should be good.

I liked this one:

Ian Swanson

Where do babies come from?

L.O.G.: I make them out of pixels soldered together with equal measures of growth potential and high-pitched screaming, then I add googly eyes. This method may not apply to all races.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LOVING this game. Beautiful and addictive. I'm honestly not even that fond of creating the vehicles, but it's okay and you can build the pretty easily. The challenges are pretty fun and it's great just to go around Showdown Town.

RARE did a great job. And oh... the music. :D

I installed bumpers and a bunch of engines and fuel into this car I'm sporting so now bad guys go flying when I run into them.

It's pretty nice.

Also climbed to the top of the castle and got a Mr Pants hood ornament.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Mango Positive said:
I have to admit... I liked the way the demo looked, but I was fairly underwhelmed at the challenges. I went to get my pre-order at Gamestop and I was thinking of switching it over to Left 4 Dead or get Gears 2 instead (It's on the Christmas list... I just finished Dead Space, half way through Fable 2, and just beginning to tackle Fallout 3. My wife would kill me if I bought another game). I decided it would come down to whether or not they had the Banjo Kazooie XBLA codes. I was worried at first when the guy who gave me the game didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Eventually he said "oh yeah, that" and gave me one, so I gave the game a chance.

I'm really glad I did. I'm definitely having a lot of fun with it. It's a great change of pace from the involved and violent Fallout 3 and the stressful and violent Dead Space.

When I tried out Banjo XBLA, my wife cracked up at the voices of the characters. "I'm sorry dear, but that's the gayest thing I've ever heard... ever."

Yeah. Outside of the soccer challenge (which, even in itself wasn't too great), the demo provided underwhelming challenges across the board. The full game is much, much better.

So....after wanting the game for so long I actually forgot all about playing it all day. Morning started off with us getting DirectTV and then filming and then going home to play Lich King. Crap. I guess I'll have to rectify that somehow. :D

EazyB

Banned
Picked the game up today along with the pre-order bonus. I've only gotten to dabble in N&B but I love what I've played. I can't wait to really dig in a mess around once I get more parts.

FrankT

Never had a chance to play the demo, but diving right into this game it is one gorgeous/vibrant game. Actually one of the most visually stunning this gen I'd say. Having a good time with it being my first Banjo game. Another great game it would seem Rare, nice work.

Oliver.S said:
He was. ;) I put it over him, when he was making his break. And then, I destroyed the gruntbots with Kazooie.

Oh thank god

But I'm surprised you were able to make a decent cage that was maneuverable enough to make that work. Good thinking, though

Dominating tonight. I'm in the top 10 for a lot of leaderboards now, and am in second for a couple.

Also, I beat all five levels of Hero Klungo Sssavesss The World!

Huge-ish spoiler for the game, but something that might please those who've chosen to skip out on this game because of design choices. Obviously in a game like this, plot isn't a biggie. Kinda like saying "Mario gets a kiss from Peach at the end of Mario 64," but spoilered anyway:
At the end of the game, LOG gives Banjo & Kazooie all their moves back 'for the sequel'. But he doesn't take the wrench away. Best of both worlds. Please?

Has anyone been able to get into a multiplayer game? I wanted to jump in to test it out but I haven't been able to connect. I tried random games, player match, ranked, etc...nothing connects.

Linkified

APZonerunner said:
Huge-ish spoiler for the game, but something that might please those who've chosen to skip out on this game because of design choices. Obviously in a game like this, plot isn't a biggie. Kinda like saying "Mario gets a kiss from Peach at the end of Mario 64," but spoilered anyway:
At the end of the game, LOG gives Banjo & Kazooie all their moves back 'for the sequel'. But he doesn't take the wrench away. Best of both worlds. Please?

That is fucking awesome do it Rare do it Microsoft. :D

Top Bottom