• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I saw a Banjo commersh during It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia! It was that one trailer we all said should be a commercial! ("Build It," etc)

They DID it! THEY'RE ADVERTISING IT!!!!!

Ramenman

Oliver.S said:
I put a (flying) cage over Mr. Fit - not even one single hit from the gruntbots.

That's exactly what I thought I'd do when I saw a video of this mission. Actually that's what I tried to do for Clanker in the demo until I realise I had the instructions wrong (anyway I didn't have enough pieces to do a decent one).

The crappy fighting capabilities of the vehicle make it obvious that you'll have to defend more that attack in the baby sitting missions.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
BenjaminBirdie said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I saw a Banjo commersh during It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia! It was that one trailer we all said should be a commercial! ("Build It," etc)

I saw that too... but... is that REALLY the market for the game? They'd be better off doing it earlier in the night.

Man I just can't get into this game at all, looks like it's gonna get the Ebayed already. I'm stuck on some mission where I'm racing with this big ass car and can't customize it, and due to it's awesome controls I always lose. Hopefully Kameo 2 doesn't get the Nuts and Bolts treatment =/

Brashnir

BenjaminBirdie said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I've seen a few commercials for it now.

On a less positive note, this game makes my physically ill while playing it. :( I think it's a combo of the camera, spotty framerate, and the way things bob along and bounce off things when you're holding them with the wrench. It's happened both times I've tried the game so far after 1-2 hours.

It's too bad, because I do like the game. I don't know if I'll ever be able to play it enough to finish it.

NTom64

APZonerunner said:
Huge-ish spoiler for the game, but something that might please those who've chosen to skip out on this game because of design choices. Obviously in a game like this, plot isn't a biggie. Kinda like saying "Mario gets a kiss from Peach at the end of Mario 64," but spoilered anyway:
At the end of the game, LOG gives Banjo & Kazooie all their moves back 'for the sequel'. But he doesn't take the wrench away. Best of both worlds. Please?

Thank you for this :D

S1kkZ

too bad that the game suffers when played from dvd.
the demo ran so much better. even the cutscenes have loading hickups.
seems like the game was made with nxe in mind.

Brashnir

S1kkZ said:
too bad that the game suffers when played from dvd.
the demo ran so much better. even the cutscenes have loading hickups.
seems like the game was made with nxe in mind.

I've noticed that also. The demo also didn't make me sick when i played it. Maybe I'll wait for NXE to give this one another shot.

painey

Oliver.S said:
I put a (flying) cage over Mr. Fit - not even one single hit from the gruntbots.

you mean you had an aircraft with a cage hanging underneath and you just traveled along with him under the cage?

Brashnir

painey said:
you mean you had an aircraft with a cage hanging underneath and you just traveled along with him under the cage?

sounds like he put the cage on him when he stopped, and hopped off the vehicle to dispatch the bots, then followed him to the next spot, dropped the cage on him, etc.

Brashnir said:
I've seen a few commercials for it now.

On a less positive note, this game makes my physically ill while playing it. :( I think it's a combo of the camera, spotty framerate, and the way things bob along and bounce off things when you're holding them with the wrench. It's happened both times I've tried the game so far after 1-2 hours.

It's too bad, because I do like the game. I don't know if I'll ever be able to play it enough to finish it.
Sad to hear that. Only one game did that to me this Gen. The Orange box. So sick. That's why I'll rent Left4Dead first. I did ok in the demo so we'll see.
Back to B&K.

Its very refreshing to play a care-free type game like this in a time when we've got games like Fallout, Gears, L4D, etc. Dont get me wrong, those are great titles but its nice to get away from the ultra violent serious atmosphere for awhile. I really hope this game sells well because it deserves it. There is no other game like this on the 360(not saying its the best) its just different from all others with the deep vehicle creation, charming characters, and beautiful art style. Im only 7 hours in and have alot to do still but I would love to see what RARE could do next to build upon the concept they have for this game. Hopefully it'll get some solid DLC support.

gnarkill bill said:
Its very refreshing to play a care-free type game like this in a time when we've got games like Fallout, Gears, L4D, etc. Dont get me wrong, those are great titles but its nice to get away from the ultra violent serious atmosphere for awhile.
Amen to that. I just played it for a couple of hours and was sat there with a rather stupid grin on my face just wandering around Showdown town collecting things. :D

NeXuSDK

Been playing for a while now and I have to admit, I really dig it.

My biggest problem so far is the lack of voices in the dialogue (could have been really nice) and the fact that the missions are that interesting. Despite the latter, I still enjoy them, because I really dig the vehicle building and even though the missions are often easy to complete, it can take some really creative thinking to achieve the T.T. Trophy.

I haven't been in an online match though, which I'm really looking forward to, but it can never seem to find anybody, when I'm searching. Wtf? Where are everybody? :(

Does anybody know when the showroom on Banjo-Kazooie.com will be operational? I made an awesome vehicle, but there's no convenient way to show it off on Gaf or anything.

I made an A-Wing from Star wars, and I even painted it to look just like it does in the movie. On top of that, it's fully functional and probably the best plane I've built! So awesome.

21de0l.jpg

autobzooty said:
Does anybody know when the showroom on Banjo-Kazooie.com will be operational? I made an awesome vehicle, but there's no convenient way to show it off on Gaf or anything.

I made an A-Wing from Star wars, and I even painted it to look just like it does in the movie. On top of that, it's fully functional and probably the best plane I've built! So awesome.

If you can make that, my Wipeout Ships should be NO problem.

:D

Woffls

holy shit gaf, i think I'm in love <3

This game is just amazing. So far it has exceeded my expectations considerably. Thankfully I really enjoy making vehicles, so there's a lot of value there for me. I can actually see there being quite a lot of variety in the missions, and there seems to be a hell of a lot to do.

Having dettachable parts on your vehicle is a-mazing. Fuck the haters, fuck 'em in the eye.

Not had any frame rate issues so far, it's running very smoothly. Unless I'm in water... that either slows it down, or gives the illusion that it does because the water doesn't have as many animation cylces... except they're not really animation cycles. You know what I mean...

Woffls said:
holy shit gaf, i think I'm in love <3

This game is just amazing. So far it has exceeded my expectations considerably. Thankfully I really enjoy making vehicles, so there's a lot of value there for me. I can actually see there being quite a lot of variety in the missions, and there seems to be a hell of a lot to do.

Having dettachable parts on your vehicle is a-mazing. Fuck the haters, fuck 'em in the eye.

Not had any frame rate issues so far, it's running very smoothly. Unless I'm in water... that either slows it down, or gives the illusion that it does because the water doesn't have as many animation cylces... except they're not really animation cycles. You know what I mean...

I can tell you this, this game is SUPER hard to find.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I need more parts till I cna make my truckasaurus rex, Any ETA when the screen shots will be uploaded to the website.

Also be nice if there was a way to upload vehicle schematics, anyways loving the game so far, nice to play something thats truly different on the 360.

Finally found this.

Strike Outs:
Best Buy Manhattan
Circuit City Manhattan
Shitty Overpriced Grand Central Station Entertainment Hub
Local Mom & Pops
EB Games Queens #1

Found it in:
The EB Games That's Only Like A Stop Away From The Other One So No One Goes There.

BUT I GOT IT.

:D

Ding

Outtrigger888 said:
You can change if you want them to turn, or not turn. Or drive or be free(example 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive) or 1 wheel or 3 wheel drive lol. Theres some more options also.
How? Come on, details man!

Do I understand correctly that you are saying that each individual wheel on a vehicle can be configured to be steerable, or non-steerable, driven, or non-driven? (Any of those four combinations?) That's amazing. Steerable tail wheels on bi-planes and shit....

I take it there is some sort of options menu in the workshop? Is this in the demo? I missed it.

Ding said:

Do I understand correctly that you are saying that each individual wheel on a vehicle can be configured to be steerable, or non-steerable, driven, or non-driven? (Any of those four combinations?) That's amazing. Steerable tail wheels on bi-planes and shit....

I take it there is some sort of options menu in the workshop? Is this in the demo? I missed it.

From what i've seen, it just makes the wheels in front steerable and the back wheels static, but I haven't dont much experimenting with the wheels yet.

The sticky tyres are crazy... they completely change the way your vehicle handles.

I'm so glad I spent so much time in Showdown Town collecting, and I'm still not even 1/3rd finished grabbing things there. :lol

Brashnir

Ding said:

just hit RB when you have any configurable part highlighted in the workshop. You can set each wheel individually.

painey

The steering is so frustrating at times, driving along and hitting a rabbit and you swing around and lose your chance at a TT trophy, yet it doesnt have any of the anger inducing moments of Mirrors Edge. I just earnt an achievement by flying to the top of Nutty Acres in a plane and switching to a little dive bomber I made, I couldnt believe it :lol

Ok, well, after completing Dead Space last night (great game), Banjo is now mine to play.

Fingers crossed it lives up to nearly a decade of my hopes and dreams.

Holy shit, I just got 4th on the worldwide leaderboards on the "World's Strongest Bear" challenge!!

It asked me if I wanted to upload my blueprint/replay and I did. This is possibly the greatest achievement in my entire video game career.

000_0397.jpg

painey

in fairness, no-one is playing this game so theres not much competition ;) In seriousness, well done.

PS Is there an easier way to find the Jingo challenges on a map? The Jiggy challenges have big holograms emitting up from their location but the Jingos dont show one unless you are really close?

Hey guys I have a question, I only played through the first 2 levels but It says that there are 20 jiggies in each level if you go to the menu. So are there secret jiggies?

Oliver.S

painey said:
in fairness, no-one is playing this game so theres not much competition ;) In seriousness, well done.

PS Is there an easier way to find the Jingo challenges on a map? The Jiggy challenges have big holograms emitting up from their location but the Jingos dont show one unless you are really close?
Yes. Later in the game, you can find a Jinjo radar.

painey said:

So I guess this isn't selling to well then?

MrDenny said:

Christ what a complainer. He obviously doesn't like the serious what so ever so obviously he won't like this one. Now I remember why I stopped caring about reviews. I like how both previous games were released in 1996 though. :lol He complains about things that make banjo banjo. Hopefully they don't listen to people like him if they make another one.

Top Bottom