• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Woffls said:
Has anyone beaten level 4 on Klungo's game?

It's haarrddd :( I can just tell the boss will be insane.
I found level 3 to be much more difficult (because of the blind jump) than level 4. As for the boss fight... You'll see :D

Jonsoncao

Banned
oh man

i found this game harder and harder.....

why is RARE always making game this hardcore.....will hurt the sales for sure....

Jonsoncao said:
oh man

i found this game harder and harder.....

why is RARE always making game this hardcore.....will hurt the sales for sure....

How can it hurts the sales if the game is harder in the end? Wouldn't people already bought the game then?

TheOddOne

IMAGE_003.jpg

HOLY SHIT, MAN.

The air race in Act 4 on LogBox 720 had the be the HARDEST fucking challenge so far. Had to take Humba Plane 1, slap a small jet AND large propeller on to win (no trophy of course, lawls). Holy fuck, man.

The problem was control. So fucking hard to maneuver in that board through the circles.

Oh, fuck. I did it.

Fuck you, Hag Trolls. Fuck you.

45 Jiggies.

Firehead

Mojo said:
Does using Stop 'N Swop open up anything in Banjo-Kazooie that wasn't in the N64 version?

What are in the SNS item boxes?
Union Jack, Mole on a Pole, Fluffy Dice, Goldfish, Beacon, Disco Ball, and Googly Eyes.
And locations:
1) (Key) On top of Boggy's Gym
2) (egg) On the rooftop to the south of the Jiggy Bank. There's a tightrope by the canal you can use to get to it.
3) (egg) In the boathouse below the Banjoland doors.
4) (egg) On the castle turret that overlooks the docks.
5) (egg) In the secret cave under LOG's videogame factory.
6) (egg) Beneath the Terrarium of Terror doors. Walk down the tunnel next to the Wrench-It switch.
7) (egg) On the beach below the lighthouse. (Must have horn upgrade)

jedimike

Woffls said:
Has anyone beaten level 4 on Klungo's game?

It's haarrddd :( I can just tell the boss will be insane.

Level 4 is tight... split second timing and no room for error. I won't spoil it for you, but level 4 is by far the hardest level. Level 3 was tough too, but I'll disagree with Blim on this... the level 4 "short" jumping and tall jumps to me was harder than the blind jumps on 3.

Unlocked Terrarium Of Terror.

Was NOT expecting it to be like that. Sick shit, man.

Anyone know what the parody credits was supposed to be on that one? There's a lot of shitty old TV I've missed out on.

Jonsoncao

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Unlocked Terrarium Of Terror.

Was NOT expecting it to be like that. Sick shit, man.

Anyone know what the parody credits was supposed to be on that one? There's a lot of shitty old TV I've missed out on.
how many jiggies needed to unlock that last area?

So far the one thign I wish is that I could assign propellers to work on a button press and not all the time. I hope there is some way I can do that down the road.

Linkzg said:
So far the one thign I wish is that I could assign propellers to work on a button press and not all the time. I hope there is some way I can do that down the road.

You'll get folding propellers at some point in the game.

Woffls said:
Apparantly the end of the game suggests this to be the case. That's all i know on the matter though.
I kind of figured as much since (minor ending spoiler)
Kazooie gets her moves back in the ending cutscene.
Maybe they could bring back animal transformations, or use vehickles to do what transformations did in the first games. I dunno. I think less challenges and more puzzles in the level would make me happy. They need to try harder to make the game a bit more like the old ones, so everyone's happy.

I might give the full game a shot since it's only $40. I dunno, though. I really hated that demo, and I don't like the whole Jiggy bank/police chase element. Is that part annoying, or is it easy to get the jiggies where they need to go?

EricDiesel said:
I kind of figured as much since (minor ending spoiler)
Kazooie gets her moves back in the ending cutscene.
Maybe they could bring back animal transformations, or use vehickles to do what transformations did in the first games. I dunno. I think less challenges and more puzzles in the level would make me happy. They need to try harder to make the game a bit more like the old ones, so everyone's happy.

I might give the full game a shot since it's only $40. I dunno, though. I really hated that demo, and I don't like the whole Jiggy bank/police chase element. Is that part annoying, or is it easy to get the jiggies where they need to go?
I'm not even sure why the police are in the game, because they aren't capable of doing shit. They aren't annoying at all really.

Jonsoncao said:
how many jiggies needed to unlock that last area?

It's not the last, but I had 47 Jiggz.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I'm not even sure why the police are in the game, because they aren't capable of doing shit. They aren't annoying at all really.

Uh, have they started shooting at you yet?

;D

I unlocked the blueprint for the Mk. 4 trolley but I can't use it in town. Do I unlock its use later, or is it because I'm missing the Mk. 3? Or am I just missing something obvious that lets me use it.

jmoe316

I am about an hour into Nutty Acres.

Question: Is there anyway to quickly find Jinjo Challenges? The Jiggy challenges are indicated on the map and also there's a holograph projection above the character, but I don't think this is the case for the Jinjo's. I only found 1 in the first act. Do you have to manually search each of them out?

Oliver.S

Did you guys know, that you can rebuild the LOG vehicles, when you jump out and press B, even in the middle of a LOG challenge..? And there are secret Mumbo boxes with extra parts. Just look at the leaderboard video from the first challenge in Nutty Acres. This guy is using one part of the vehicle to open the box.

jmoe316 said:
I am about an hour into Nutty Acres.

Question: Is there anyway to quickly find Jinjo Challenges? The Jiggy challenges are indicated on the map and also there's a holograph projection above the character, but I don't think this is the case for the Jinjo's. I only found 1 in the first act. Do you have to manually search each of them out?

You'll get some kind of radar later on.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
funkmastergeneral said:
I would find it far more enjoyable if I wasn't spending so much time building shit. And if it was just a sequel.
If this game was a new IP then there probably wouldn't be nearly as much criticism. I guess I would feel a little cheated too if they finally released Killer Instinct but turned it into a Smash Bros clone.

But if you take N&B for what it is and not the game you wanted it to be I think it holds up very well.

Oliver.S said:
Did you guys know, that you can rebuild the LOG vehicles, when you jump out and press B, even in the middle of a LOG challenge..? And there are secret Mumbo boxes with extra parts. Just look at the leaderboard video from the first challenge in Nutty Acres. This guy is using one part of the vehicle to open the box.

I don't understand what you're saying. You get LOG blueprints after the challenge and you just need the parts to build it afterwards. I don't understand your last sentence.

I just got the detacher, and it's a whole new game.

I created an helicopter with a cage, and I can let go the cage.

I don't what it's for, but who cares, really?

Majora

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't understand what you're saying. You get LOG blueprints after the challenge and you just need the parts to build it afterwards. I don't understand your last sentence.

He means that in a L.O.G.S choice game, you can hop out of the vehicle you're forced to use and rebuild it. The mobile garage pauses the timer. Very useful for when they try to force a crappy vehicle on you.

Oliver.S

Majora said:
He means that in a L.O.G.S choice game, you can hop out of the vehicle you're forced to use and rebuild it. The mobile garage pauses the timer. Very useful for when they try to force a crappy vehicle on you.
Yes. :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's not the last, but I had 47 Jiggz.
Actually it's 46 ;)
I'm still looking for a way to put that sphere on the plinth though. How am I supposed to get past the barrier in the center of the uptown?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Littleberu said:
I just got the detacher, and it's a whole new game.

I created an helicopter with a cage, and I can let go the cage.

I don't what it's for, but who cares, really?
Oh shit, that's what that is? I need to mess around with it. Wasn't that featured in a trailer... and some wings fell off or something. I remember being amazed by that.

The detacher is awesome. I used it for the first time on that distance challenge in the Jiggoseum and flipped the fuck out when Banjo went ricocheting all over the arena for like a full minute. Got the minimalist achievement too!

I love this game sooooooo much.

Takes a long time to get into an online match, thankfully it can start at 4 players.

And what do you know, the first match I get into and I get the "What's That Smell?" achievement. :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Really need a wireless adapter for my 360. I only play this in the living room where there is no way to connect. >_<

Also: This game gives me feelings that I rarely feel when I play a game. :D

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Digital Limit said:
Doesn't this game have a screenshot feature? Why isn't anyone posting?!

Seems the screen shot feature is not up yet on the website

...For the reduced price, it's worth a shot, but you should definitely lower expectations, especially if you're fan of the previous two games. This fall is rather mediocre, I've spent so much money on games I immediately traded-in.* Time to budget myself.

*Disclaimer: I hate most games.

Top Bottom