• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Pyrokai said:
1.) The text scrolling too fast is a major concern of mine. I'm no amateur subtitle reader; I watch a lot of anime, but this is quite ridiculous. If I don't have control over the text, it will scroll away before I read it 90 percent of the time. I don't want to miss any of the jokes or gameplay information. (This isn't really a question....but I want input).

2.) I saw someone post something in here about holding LB to slow it down, but it didn't work for me. Why is this? Remember, I have the demo...could that be it?

3.) I also know that Rare is releasing a patch for SD users to more easily read the text, right? Will this also affect players who use HD televisions? I can read the text decently, but it's still really small. They should only have had two lines of text in the speech bubbles instead of three. Not to, again, mention the too-fast-scrolling speed. It's sad. I spend more time trying to beat the clock with the text instead of enjoying the cinematic or whatever.

4.) When is this patch going to be released, if not already?

5.) Will this patch just address text size, and not speed? I have little hope for my problem being fixed, because they would have to change cinematics and stuff to fit the slower text speed. Or am I wrong and should be hopeful? :)

1. Not sure if this is available in the demo, but you can push the LB button while reading the text to slow it down.
2. See your first question
3. I guess it will be an option, to enlarge the text.
4. Only Rare knows
5. Only Rare knows

Firehead

Cockpit view - Click the right-stick for a second :D Apologies if this is already known, I searched and found nothing..
Of course, it could be in the manual.. I wouldn't know.

Having trouble getting the T.T Trophy that has you protecting Mr. Fit whilst he's jogging.

[Nintex]

Just found this gem:

Tip 7: Easy to make boat, add floaters and propellers. Heavy vehicles need more floaters, or boat sink like this game at retail.

:lol

Glix

Firehead said:
Cockpit view - Click the right-stick for a second :D Apologies if this is already known, I searched and found nothing..
Of course, it could be in the manual.. I wouldn't know.

Having trouble getting the T.T Trophy that has you protecting Mr. Fit whilst he's jogging.

It's weird. Sometimes it gives you cockpit view, sometimes it just zooms the camera in and out. It was late and I was stoned, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

[Nintex]

In the modify vehicle mode you can press RB to set wheels to driven, free-wheeling, steering or combinations. You can also set your propellers to either push or pull, there's alot more depth in this game than I thought when I first played the demo.

Jonsoncao

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Just found this gem:

Tip 7: Easy to make boat, add floaters and propellers. Heavy vehicles need more floaters, or boat sink like this game at retail.

:lol
there is in-game quest about this too, in the logbox 720 :D

Glix

[Nintex] said:
In the modify vehicle mode you can press RB to set wheels to driven, free-wheeling, steering or combinations. You can also set your propellers to either push or pull, there's alot more depth in this game than I thought when I first played the demo.

Whoa. Thats a big deal. I had no idea you could do that.

Chrange

Banned
[Nintex] said:

Set your propellers to keep you anchored to the ground, then add some sticky tires, and you have a vehicle that can drive up walls.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Glix said:
It's weird. Sometimes it gives you cockpit view, sometimes it just zooms the camera in and out. It was late and I was stoned, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.
you have to hold RS for a certain amount of time to get the cockpit view, also when on foot, it changes to first person view

Glix

[Nintex] said:
omg, I'm going to try that tommorow.

That's what makes this game so awesome. I read this thread, and every couple of posts, I read something that makes me go "Oh man, I can't wait to get home and try that!"

Also - Rare, please listen up. Please, please, please make an online 2d version of the workshop where I can make vehicles and then print out the blueprints to remake them at home.

or

Just make it so I can then import the blueprints to my save file.

This is what Web2.0 was MADE for, please make this a reality and save me from the boredom of my job!

:D

Pyrokai

goldenpp72 said:
yes it does, even for the text that plays on its own.

I also just beat all 5 klungo games, 4 was a bitch.

Awesome! This is great news!

All you guys make me want to get my copy. Damn Amazon for being so slow! Thursday is too long. It's tempting to go to a store and buy my own, then return the Amazon one :p

painey

I don't get people saying the text is too fast, maybe im a fast reader, but I have NEVER missed text because it was going too fast, in fact in most cases im pressing A to hurry it up even when theres no A button prompt.

Finally beat Grunty for the scuba gear and got the last ball on the level and I am kicking arse now. I have to admit im gutted there are no "100% each world" achievements and instead they went for "do this once" achievement. Id much rather earn the gamerscore for maxing out Banjo at the Gym rather than just using 1 upgrade, but its not stopping me wanting to collect every note on every level.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Can someone help me out with my plane problem? I created my very first plane, used a medium engine and added two small fuel tanks. The plane would go up in the air for 3 seconds then shoot back down.

My friend gave me a blueprint of his own plane (similar to mine) and it performs a lot better; it can stay in the air for about 10-15 seconds before it falls back down again. At first it had the yellow triangle symbol indicating that I might not have all parts needed for the vehicle to perform, but I added two small fuel tanks to it and the triangle went away so I assumed I fixed it, but apparently not.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Why won't my planes just stay in the air once they take off? :(

Domino Theory said:
My friend gave me a blueprint of his own plane (similar to mine) and it performs a lot better; it can stay in the air for about 10-15 seconds before it falls back down again.
Are you pushing the propellers harder than they can take being pushed? Fly your plane like a nutcase and it will stall.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Psychotext said:
Are you pushing the propellers harder than they can take being pushed? Fly your plane like a nutcase and it will stall.

Red cheeks incoming:
I, and the plane, have no propellers. Should I have propellers to put on the plane?

soco

could rare have picked a worse place to put the text for the game?

on the top the saving message, which is long, overwrites like half the first line of text. on the bottom, notifications overwrite the text there as well.

great, the game is stuck in an neverending loading...

I restart the system and cant even get passed the press A to start screen, the first loading it does it gets stuck on.... imma try reloading cache

fernoca

So, Klungo's game crashed on me...twice.. :lol :lol
Both times when I was about to finish stage #4 ...:lol totally unexpected.... thought it actually crashed..

MY EYES, the goggles! they do nothing

clearing the cache didnt fix my loading problem

holy crap I am going to lose my game with 40 part crates and a 4 hour playtime T_T

Woffls

My stats so far:

Jiggies: 94/131
Notes: 1381/1900
TT Trophies: 23/97
Time: 20:25:25

This game isn't big enough :(:(:(

I also think we should be doing some multiplayer :D It could be SO much fun, and really rather interesting. It would be awesome if there was a free mode, like Forge, where you could just build stuff during the match then play about with it.

Woffls

If they do some free DLC with new parts.... >_< that would be A-MAZING. I'd really like a T shaped pole but with an extra bit on. That gets annoying.

On a general note. I got a new tank blueprint earlier... which wouldn't be anything special - but I noticed it uses a sort of curved armour shell. Will try to work out how they do it. :)

Woffls

Earlier I made this for a laugh :p (Video isn't mine, i sent the blueprint)

So much sig and avatar potential. I know what I'm making next ;)

saunderez

I finally got a hold of my retail copy yesterday and couldn't stop playing it. Kept thinking "1 more Jiggy" and 5 Jiggies later realised I'm still playing. What a fantastic game, bravo Rare.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Fantastical said:
Perhaps a person without a soul?

Oh please. Some of these challenges are really dull. I like the characters and the humor but it certainly has its gameplay flaws.

The one thing that confuses me is why they decided to just completely chop every Banjo/Kazooie move out of the game. There really is no reason they couldn't have kept moves like the double jump or the butt stomp. Hell they even removed Kazooie as the swimmer for no reason. Since they provide non-vehicle opportunities in the hub it really wouldn't have hurt to keep some of the old moves in there.

I am liking it more and more but sometimes I feel like something is missing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dupy said:
Oh please. Some of these challenges are really dull. I like the characters and the humor but it certainly has its gameplay flaws.

The one thing that confuses me is why they decided to just completely chop every Banjo/Kazooie move out of the game. There really is no reason they couldn't have kept moves like the double jump or the butt stomp. Hell they even removed Kazooie as the swimmer for no reason. Since they provide non-vehicle opportunities in the hub it really wouldn't have hurt to keep some of the old moves in there.

I am liking it more and more but sometimes I feel like something is missing.
Well, I was joking, and I do see what you mean. I'm loving the game, but sometimes I do want to explore more. I don't like how far apart notes are, making them really hard to find.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i need some help with one of the nutty acres challenges.... involving protecting Mr. Fit the jogging aardvark). i have no problems keeping him safe or defeating all the bots, but even doing all of that he runs so slow i cant get an even good enough time for the jiggy. what am i doing wrong? what should i be doing?

Woffls

I think he runs slower if he's getting hit or you're blocking him.

I used a cage of blocks to protect him, but make it big enough so that it's easy to keep him away from the edges.

Top Bottom