• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

RiskyChris said:
It's killing me that I won't get this game from Amazon until Thursday.
Yeah, same here.

The positive impressions in this thread have been great to hear, especially after reading some of those mediocre reviews, but at the same time it's making it really hard to wait. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
saunderez said:
Is it not meant to be out over here? I got my copy delivered from DVD Crave yesterday :)
Technically not out until Thursday, but I don't think many places are being very uptight as far as release dates are concerned.

Holy fuck this game is jizz-tastic.

Finding those damn Jinjo's is a bitch though :lol

I'm missing one in Nutty Acres
at the Grunty boss battle... I found the one in Mumbo's area, but not the second one. :( Any hints?

Anyone know if you can take off the tuxedo you get when you finish the game? I just got 75 jiggies and was about to finish when I saw you get stuck with a tuxedo when you reload your save.

Do not want.

Jonsoncao said:
how to do that "card, controller, dice" quest?

i dun get it, thank you guys
They didn't explain that one well. Pick up one of the orbs, go to another one, and press B. It opens the mini-editor and you attach them to each other.

Kuroyume

Banned
Would be awesome if my game arrived... I ordered this in October and upgraded the shipping to overnight a few days before release and it still isn't here. Amazon decided to use this courier called A1, which I've never fucking heard of before. Their tracking page is garbage. It doesn't say when the package is out for delivery, and that jerkoff doesn't leave a notice on the building door to inform me when he's making the next delivery or where I could pick the package up.

S1kkZ

sometimes the game has a hick-up when i enter my vehicle (or get out of it ).
strange. i think its a streaming issue (like the blueprints you can buy: sometimes it takes way to long to select one at the shop or scroll through them).

KevinCow

Banned
Woffls said:
If they do some free DLC with new parts.... >_< that would be A-MAZING. I'd really like a T shaped pole but with an extra bit on. That gets annoying.
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Yeah, where are the X shaped poles?

Use a plate. It doesn't look the same, but it does pretty much the same thing in connecting the edges a T-pole does plus one. Between the nine different types of body pieces, you can find one that can connect any possible combination of two to six sides of a cube. And I'm pretty sure they all weigh the same.

S1kkZ said:
sometimes the game has a hick-up when i enter my vehicle (or get out of it ).
strange. i think its a streaming issue (like the blueprints you can buy: sometimes it takes way to long to select one at the shop or scroll through them).

Install to HDD perhaps.

I installed it to HDD and it's a little faster for load times, let alone no noise from the 360! :D

well I cant play the game period now... the disk is almost perfect, becides just a few small scratches around it like it was from the disk tray, but they are small like millimeter long scratches...

the game just gets to the first loading and just loads forever

good thing its just a rental, but I was hoping to get more gaming out of it before returning it :\

AniHawk

Just started playing moments after beating B-K XBLA 100% and I think I'm already pretty worn out on the game. Think I'll need to squeeze some Castlevania or Mirror's Edge between school, work, and miscellaneous before attempting this again.

Pretty funny opening though. Pretty big shock going from Wii-level graphics (B-K) to next gen graphics.

AniHawk said:
Just started playing moments after beating B-K XBLA 100% and I think I'm already pretty worn out on the game. Think I'll need to squeeze some Castlevania or Mirror's Edge between school, work, and miscellaneous before attempting this again.

I have run into the same problem, I'm not quite done with BK XBLA yet but I tried to put some Nuts and Bolts time in... and I only played a few missions. I think it will be a great X-Mas break game to play.

JRW

UltimaPooh said:
I have run into the same problem, I'm not quite done with BK XBLA yet but I tried to put some Nuts and Bolts time in... and I only played a few missions. I think it will be a great X-Mas break game to play.

I thought BK XBLA wasnt out til the 26th?

I am disappointed with one thing... I did a challenge where I had to take something to the water, but rather than that I thought I'd take the water to the object. I made a rather cool flying vehicle with a big bucket at the bottom, flew up to the water, dunked my bucket in... and nothing. You can't pick up water like that. :(

hulot

JRW said:
I thought BK XBLA wasnt out til the 26th?

Preorder BK:N&B for early (and free) access. Received the game yesterday from Amazon, was almost considering not playing it right away. Game is surprisingly engaging and fun. I hope there'll be more platforming, but building vehicles is great and I don't mind the change in the series. Though hopefully exploration will be awarded more later on; I flew up to the top of the first level to find just a cow and some notes. I miss the hidden jiggies that are not tied to challenges from the first game.

Psychotext said:
I am disappointed with one thing... I did a challenge where I had to take something to the water, but rather than that I thought I'd take the water to the object. I made a rather cool flying vehicle with a big bucket at the bottom, flew up to the water, dunked my bucket in... and nothing. You can't pick up water like that. :(

That stinks. You do get a water gun though that is filled by lowering into the water or getting it wet.

Brashnir

One thing I like about this game is that in Showdown Town, the game seems to actively encourage you to try and get to places you're not "supposed" to be to yet, via normal progression. Or maybe you are supposed to be there anyway, but it still feels like you're cheating when you find a way to jump across from one spot to another to get that elusive crate.

And then you take the crate to Mumbo and it's a small fuel tank and a passenger seat -_-

Half of me wishes the rest of the game was more like showdown town, and then they had another game with the vehicular stuff, but then again, I'd have far less incentive to get the crates if not to use them for the other stuff. I guess they did a pretty good job with it in that regard. The vehicular challenges give you the incentive needed to explore every nook and cranny of showdown town looking for the crates.

On a side note, Traveler's Tales should rip off the vehicle building from this game to breathe fresh life into their Lego games. Their formula has gotten a bit stale, and this game just screams Lego.

Jonsoncao

Banned
anyone get over with that 350 shooting quest in terrarium stage?

the best for me is only 305.....and the sensitivity is insane and i dun find any options to adjust the sensitivity....

Mifune

Mehmber
hulot said:
Though hopefully exploration will be awarded more later on; I flew up to the top of the first level to find just a cow and some notes. I miss the hidden jiggies that are not tied to challenges from the first game.

I found one hidden jiggy in Showdown Town. I think there's more.

painey

am i the only one who finds controlling helicopters almost impossible? I sway around like a drunk driver, even a hover isn't adequate to steer with.

painey said:
am i the only one who finds controlling helicopters almost impossible? I sway around like a drunk driver, even a hover isn't adequate to steer with.

I have a Chopper 3 that puts two small propellers on the back, with a large one on top. Steers like a dream.

PizzaFarmer

Cronen said:
Argh, how do you do Teh Bosss in Klungo's Arcade? So damn hard! My timing must be really bad! >_<
Watch the boss closely and press jump as soon as you see the start of the fireball animation.

painey said:

I got pretty good at them, thanks to Logbox. There's no way I'm getting to the top with a car.

fse

Man, wtf is gametrailers thinking with the review. This game is atleast a 9!
It does have platforming, fun missions, and lots of humor. Did they get another game?

Glix

Brashnir said:
One thing I like about this game is that in Showdown Town, the game seems to actively encourage you to try and get to places you're not "supposed" to be to yet, via normal progression. Or maybe you are supposed to be there anyway, but it still feels like you're cheating when you find a way to jump across from one spot to another to get that elusive crate.

And then you take the crate to Mumbo and it's a small fuel tank and a passenger seat -_-

DUDE, this exactly!! You know the plinth in the Theater District? I think its the LOGBOX 720 plinth. Anyway, there are these two areas high to the left and right of it that I don't think I'm supposed to be able to get to yet. One is Mumbo parts and the other is some dude who needs to hear the "Sirens Song" or something.

I brought two of the "fragile" boxes on my trolley and was able to climb them and get up to where I needed to be!

Awesome!

Chrange

Banned
Glix said:
I brought two of the "fragile" boxes on my trolley and was able to climb them and get up to where I needed to be!

Awesome!

No you didn't. There's no platforming in Nuts & Bolts! LIAR!!

I'm having so much more fun in Showdown town then anywhere else so far. :lol

I love just goofing around and looking for crates, building my vehicle and testing it out. I'm kind of wishing there was more to it because I'm afraid once I beat the game there isn't going to be much left to do. I hope if there's ever dlc for the game they hide a bunch of crates around the map all over again. :D

VALIS

goldenpp72 said:
im having trouble finding those jinjo bingo chip challenges, is there a better way to find them?

You get a "Jinjo radar"-like device at some point that you can attach to a custom vehicle.

EazyB

Banned
Stayed up until 4 playing last night. Such a blast. 76 puzzle pieces.

goldenpp72 said:
im having trouble finding those jinjo bingo chip challenges, is there a better way to find them?
There's a gadget that says it helps with finding jinjos but I've used it once and didn't know how to work it really.

KevinCow

Banned
VGChampion said:

I love just goofing around and looking for crates, building my vehicle and testing it out. I'm kind of wishing there was more to it because I'm afraid once I beat the game there isn't going to be much left to do. I hope if there's ever dlc for the game they hide a bunch of crates around the map all over again. :D
I think trying to get good scores on various challenges will add a lot of replay value. I imagine beating the game 100% will take a while if you try to do it on your own, without any help in getting all the trophies.

Also, a question about Live: Can you access leaderboards with a Silver membership? Because that would be fucking stupid if you needed Gold to do that.
But then it's fucking stupid that Gold and Silver exist in the first place.

That's depressing... I just spent half an hour attempting a challenge for a TT trophy. Finally pulled it off, then watched a replay of the top leaderboard time.

You get an item later (some sort of sucking thing) which makes it a walk in the park. :(

Psychotext said:
That's depressing... I just spent half an hour attempting a challenge for a TT trophy. Finally pulled it off, then watched a replay of the top leaderboard time.

You get an item later (some sort of sucking thing) which makes it a walk in the park. :(

I felt like a bit of a cheater getting a TT time on a Nutty Acres water race just by slapping some floaters on Humba Racer 4.

: /

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
painey said:
Stick a couple of balloons on. They're great for adding stability.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
VGChampion said:

This is seriously one of the best parts of the game for me, which kind of makes me want an original Banjo again. :p I mean, I'm liking the vehicles, but I wish they would have added some of the original formula too, not everything challenges.

But yeah... Showdown Town: Best hub world ever.

Brashnir

Glix said:
DUDE, this exactly!! You know the plinth in the Theater District? I think its the LOGBOX 720 plinth. Anyway, there are these two areas high to the left and right of it that I don't think I'm supposed to be able to get to yet. One is Mumbo parts and the other is some dude who needs to hear the "Sirens Song" or something.

Awesome!

I used those stand-up bush things right next to them. tipped them diagonally and climbed up to the ledges.

Top Bottom