• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Woffls said:
I think he runs slower if he's getting hit or you're blocking him.

I used a cage of blocks to protect him, but make it big enough so that it's easy to keep him away from the edges.

will he run fast enough on his own to get a tt? i kept trying to push him but it didnt seem to work

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Judging from the things I've seen from my excessive (and ridiculously fun) exploration of Showdown Town, I'm assuming you'll be able to use other vehicles and go into doors later on in the game?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Alright so the demo kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, but hearing all this positive talk about the game is making me lean toward picking it up. Is this puppy worth it? The game seems so much more deep that it appears. Input gaf?

op_ivy

Ermac said:
Alright so the demo kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, but hearing all this positive talk about the game is making me lean toward picking it up. Is this puppy worth it? The game seems so much more deep that it appears. Input gaf?

absolutely. i actually wasnt a huge fan of the demo and was going to pick it up to have something to screw around with (and the 40 buck price point certainly helped). i liked the exploration in the demo and creating vehicles, but hated the challenges.

the complete game is a much more well rounded game. there is plenty to see and do in showdown town, lots of exploration and platforming. plenty of great dialogue and humor, and even the challenges are more fun then the ones featured in the demo (really poor examples to use to sell the game IMO).

goldenpp72 said:
how about reading the thread for input, do you need someone to personally address you?
its 1400 + posts. not everyone has the patience and/or time to read througha thread of this magnitude, especially someone on the fence.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Ermac said:

You could read the thread like golden says, or I could just say "yes."

So there: "yes, it's worth it." (I didn't enjoy the demo that much either but the final game is addictive and fun, front-loaded with tons of charm and wit).

Brashnir

Domino Theory said:
Judging from the things I've seen from my excessive (and ridiculously fun) exploration of Showdown Town, I'm assuming you'll be able to use other vehicles and go into doors later on in the game?

you only get to use the trolly in showdown town as far as I know. As you beat certain challenges, it will get upgrades (better tires, floatation, etc) but you can only use your personalized vehicles within game worlds.

you can go into lots and lots of doors, yes.

Regarding the jogging quest... it isn't actually time that you're getting graded on, it's his health. As he loses health the bar will move from right (TT) to left (Jiggy / Notes).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
gnarkill bill said:
Are you all aware that the Showroom is now up?

YESSS

rlz1ig.jpg

op_ivy

Psychotext said:
Regarding the jogging quest... it isn't actually time that you're getting graded on, it's his health. As he loses health the bar will move from right (TT) to left (Jiggy / Notes).

really? it seemed to drop the entire time, but i could be wrong and just assuming it did (like every other challenge i have come across)

op_ivy

my favorite rare game ever (yes, i'm serious!)

3040135342_13458dee31.jpg

"Ghoulies - Rare 2003. A light hearted haunted house romp with Ninja Imps and a DJ mummy. You'll probably find a copy in good bargain bins everwhere."

:lol

Aww what the hell. They're using the same shitty low resolution system as Gears. Way two make two of the best looking games on your console look like shit MS. =/

o7279j.jpg

287npk2.jpg

(Hard to believe that 1st one is in game... crazy how much tech moves on. Shame I can't show a full res pic of it because it's glorious.)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Psychotext said:
(Hard to believe that 1st one is in game... crazy how much tech moves on. Shame I can't show a full res pic of it because it's glorious.)
Tell me about it. This is one of the best looking games I've ever seen. I really need a wireless adapter to upload these things. I'm tired of moving my 360 o_O

JRW

Psychotext said:
Aww what the hell. They're using the same shitty low resolution system as Gears. Way two make two of the best looking games on your console look like shit MS. =/

o7279j.jpg

287npk2.jpg

why not show the full res pic, someone above you apparently did.

JRW said:
why not show the full res pic, someone above you apparently did.
That's just upscaled... given what that does to the image (it looks like arse and gives the wrong impression of the game) I'm not going to do that.

Unless I'm missing something completely and there's a high res option on the website (doesn't look like it). If so, please let me know as I have about 100 gears pics I'd like to get off in some sort of decent resolution. :D

Psychotext said:
That's just upscaled... given what that does to the image (it looks like arse and gives the wrong impression of the game) I'm not going to do that.

If you click on the image on the showroom you can download the 1280x720 version.

Here's one of mine:

28slkkh.jpg

VALIS

Here's the one pic I uploaded last week when the game first came out. I have better ones to upload later. So happy this is now up!

a4xtts.jpg

Gigglepoo

Has anyone been able to make a unicycle? Mine always tips over. Though I did make a giant cube on wheels, totally enclosing Banjo within it. I was sad that he was able to just jump right out. Those bears sure are clever.

JRW

Psychotext said:

Unless I'm missing something completely and there's a high res option on the website (doesn't look like it). If so, please let me know as I have about 100 gears pics I'd like to get off in some sort of decent resolution. :D

You can click on a picture on the website, download it, then upload it to image shack etc. to show its full res, its not upscaled.

JRW said:
You can click on a picture on the website, download it, then upload it to image shack etc. to show its full res, its not upscaled.
Ahh ok... doesn't seem to work for me in Firefox. Here's one I pulled off using IE:

2db2zxi.jpg

Still not as high quality as I'd like, but better than the alternative. :)

JRW

Showroom is a pretty neat feature, here's my first not so exciting pic .. I actually had a question about it, How do I get this laser wall to turn off?

bk_laser_field.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Having propellers is the best thing to happen to my plane. It stays in the air! :lol

But what's the deal with fuel? Do I have to add fuel tanks everytime my vehicle runs out?

JRW said:
Showroom is a pretty neat feature, here's my first not so exciting pic .. I actually had a question about it, How do I get this laser wall to turn off?

http://ded.zenblue.net/BK_NutsandBolts/bk_laser_field.jpg

Your trolley gets a laser upgrade late in the game, you can shoot the laser doors with it and it deactivates them.

A few laser doors have a way around them with a switch in the back to deactivate it. Not the one in that pic though.

Brashnir

Psychotext said:
From the side with the box...

You can actually manually drop those things?

And here I was waiting for them to automagically drop at some point later in the game...

edit - oh, nevermind. see post above.

Firehead

Domino Theory said:
Having propellers is the best thing to happen to my plane. It stays in the air! :lol

But what's the deal with fuel? Do I have to add fuel tanks everytime my vehicle runs out?

It refuels itself after a few seconds.

Brashnir

Domino Theory said:

you can simply hit start and reload the vehicle, or land and wait for a little bit.

PARANO1A

I just picked up my pre-order from EB Melbourne Central... and they still didn't have the XBLA codes in. They said they'd call when they arrive but I'm feeling very iffy about this at the moment. :/

DogWelder

op_ivy said:
my favorite rare game ever (yes, i'm serious!)

3040135342_13458dee31.jpg

"Ghoulies - Rare 2003. A light hearted haunted house romp with Ninja Imps and a DJ mummy. You'll probably find a copy in good bargain bins everwhere."

:lol

:lol The
garbage bin full of Ghoulies discs
is classic.

Sean

Banned
Probably a dumb question, but how do I get the Notes on top of some houses in Showdown Town? I know some of them have tightropes that you can cross, but others don't.

Am I being too impatient here and simply need a trolley upgrade, or am I just not thinking right...

Jonsoncao

Banned
Sean said:
Probably a dumb question, but how do I get the Notes on top of some houses in Showdown Town? I know some of them have tightropes that you can cross, but others don't.

Am I being too impatient here and simply need a trolley upgrade, or am I just not thinking right...
most of the notes need the spring upgrade for the trolley

Sean

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
most of the notes need the spring upgrade for the trolley

Thanks, you just saved me from tearing my hair out... I've been just farting around in Showdown Town a lot, collecting Notes and Vehicle Part crates and stuff, and those notes on the roof were driving me nuts. :lol I guess I'll do some challenges instead for now.

BTW I just installed Banjo to the HDD, took exactly 11 minutes. I'll see how much load times have improved in a bit, still playing around with NXE.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up the game, two days early (Australia).

Can't wait to get home and play it, I loved the demo and the creative aspect of the whole thing, I can't wait to see where Rare takes it all.

Top Bottom