• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Sean said:
Probably a dumb question, but how do I get the Notes on top of some houses in Showdown Town? I know some of them have tightropes that you can cross, but others don't.

Am I being too impatient here and simply need a trolley upgrade, or am I just not thinking right...
If you don't want to wait, put a box on your vehicle, place it near the roof you want to reach, go out of the vehicle, jump on the box in your vehicle and press RT, you'll fly straight up into the air and can get everywhere you want.

fse

anyone know whats up with this character?
2rxjq7s.jpg

I really don't understand how this game got trashed in the review department so much. It's extremely addictive and fun. Are all the reviewers comparing the game to the prequels at any given second of their play through?

Without comparing it to the old Banjo games I find this to be extremely enjoyable so far and I just got it today.

Gigglepoo

I'm having a trouble in a mission called Checkpoint Charlies, where I have to ride a vehicle named L.O.G. Gobi (a camel) through checkpoints in Banjoland. The problem: it doesn't always recognize when I drive through a marker. I can't pass this mission because one checkpoint on a bridge is never recognized. Anyone else having this issue? Any way around it?

Aww man... I'm not cut out for this. Doing the "Farmhand of the Year" challenge, and I made an awesome flying truck capable of fitting in all the nuts. Got the full score and felt pretty pleased with myself, then I looked at the leaderboard to see that people were just
knocking off the nut collector and taking it over to the platform
. :(

p3tran

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
I'm having a trouble in a mission called Checkpoint Charlies, where I have to ride a vehicle named L.O.G. Gobi (a camel) through checkpoints in Banjoland. The problem: it doesn't always recognize when I drive through a marker. I can't pass this mission because one checkpoint on a bridge is never recognized. Anyone else having this issue? Any way around it?
you have to go through it with moar speed!!!

Gigglepoo said:
Look at your speed gauge. There's a little target that you have to be exceeding for the checkpoints to count.

hulot

So how do notes work in this game? Are there a limited amount or can you infinitely win them? I'm still early in the game and am scared of spending any.

Hellraizer said:
I really don't understand how this game got trashed in the review department so much. It's extremely addictive and fun. Are all the reviewers comparing the game to the prequels at any given second of their play through?

Without comparing it to the old Banjo games I find this to be extremely enjoyable so far and I just got it today.

Really. The prequels are some of my favorite games ever but I'm having a blast with this. I've picked up a ton of games this winter and Nuts & Bolts is getting almost all of my time exclusively. Throw in a little WoW and those are the games I'm playing. I'm even replaying BK on XBLA right now, and to be honest, I'm having more fun playing Nuts & Bolts. Making vehicles is soooo addicting.

p3tran

Banned
so I meet with my usual pals, and was expecting at some point game related blahblah for recent games like gears2, fallout3, cod5, mirrors edge or even fable2, midnight club etc
but all I got to listen to is how fuckin awesome banjo is (!!)

it seemed a bit like twillight zone hearing my gears/halo/cod gang speaking about the possible greatness of nuts&bolts online battles :lol , and how many cool crates they've found, and their most usefull gadgets, how they got that one t.t. that was a bitch to get, what they plan to build, etc :lol

p3tran said:
so I meet with my usual pals, and was expecting at some point game related blahblah for recent games like gears2, fallout3, cod5, mirrors edge or even fable2, midnight club etc
but all I got to listen to is how fuckin awesome banjo is (!!)

it seemed a bit like twillight zone hearing my gears/halo/cod gang speaking about the possible greatness of nuts&bolts online battles :lol , and how many cool crates they've found, and their most usefull gadgets, how they got that one t.t. that was a bitch to get, what they plan to build, etc :lol

Warms the Klungos of my heart, it does.

Just made "El galeón de la muerte". Basically the standard galleon... but with pretty much every grenade launcher and egg gun available strapped onto it. :lol

UraMallas

Lost reference!

The purple Jinjo in Act 6 of Xbox 720 is a hurling challenge. He told me his name was Hurley (for hurling, har) but then he said "Dude! I'm lost on the island. No just kidding." :lol Great reference. He keeps saying "dude" too.

Ura's EDIT: I beat his challenge and he said "Watch out for polar bears!"

UraMallas said:
Lost reference!

The purple Jinjo in Act 6 of Xbox 720 is a hurling challenge. He told me his name was Hurley (for hurling, har) but then he said "Dude! I'm lost on the island. No just kidding." :lol Great reference. He keeps saying "dude" too.

:lol :lol

SO AWESOME!!

I'm starting to do those Jingo Challenges. MAN! There's new ones for every act! This game! She is limitless!!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
UraMallas said:
Lost reference!

Holy shit! :lol I love all of Rare's humor. Logbox 720 is full of stabs at 'hardcore' gamers and the game industry in general. Really great.

There's a Heroes reference too. In one of the nut sucker challenges Kazooie says something along the lines of "Save the coconuts, save the world"

iconoclast said:
There's a Heroes reference too. In one of the nut sucker challenges Kazooie says something along the lines of "Save the coconuts, save the world"

:lol

Yeah, I caught that one.

I love the fuck out of this game, man.

hulot said:
So how do notes work in this game? Are there a limited amount or can you infinitely win them? I'm still early in the game and am scared of spending any.

The economy is made in function of the notes, I think. There are 900 notes, and I guess everything is worth 900 in the end.

The autosave feature is nice because I know I'll never be losing time, but my GAWD does it save often.

It's kind of annoying having that "do not shut off your system" warning blinking every 2 minutes or whatever.

"The truth about swop n shop" is 6000 notes... except there's not 6000 notes in the game. :lol

Unrelated to that... I appear to have freed 6 jinjos, but only trapped 5 minjos. I have no idea where the last cell is. Still don't know how to work those ghostly boxes either. But I did get every note in Showdown Town. :D

goldenpp72

I have some questions.

Can you get up the LOG tower normally? I can't seem to get up it but I see notes, I climb a red wire but its broken, and when I try to jump to another it just falls.

How do you get those ghost boxes?

where are the 6 jingo cells? I found 5 and dunno where the last is. and how do you find the bad jinjos?

Mifune

Mehmber
goldenpp72 said:
Can you get up the LOG tower normally? I can't seem to get up it but I see notes, I climb a red wire but its broken, and when I try to jump to another it just falls.

You can definitely get up there by just jumping and climbing normally.

Salmonax

goldenpp72 said:
any tips on that?
Just jump to the side when you get to the broken wire. There should be pipes or a platform there or something. Then you just snake your way around and up the building.

Psychotext said:
"The truth about swop n shop" is 6000 notes... except there's not 6000 notes in the game. :lol

Unrelated to that... I appear to have freed 6 jinjos, but only trapped 5 minjos. I have no idea where the last cell is. Still don't know how to work those ghostly boxes either. But I did get every note in Showdown Town. :D

I have a feeling you find out when you get the sixth minjo. It's the only thing I can imagine is left to discover in Showdown Town...

KevinCow

Banned
Psychotext said:
Oh Rare, you assholes. :lol

I think my favorite reference so far was when you were about to race Grunty in the Logbox level, Banjo said something like, "This reminds me of something I did before. I think there was a genie and a giant pig."

So I have both the XBLA game and this game...

Do I get something special? Or was that Stop n' Swop thing just for the XBLA game?

I'm still so confused!

BenjaminBirdie said:
I have a feeling you find out when you get the sixth minjo. It's the only thing I can imagine is left to discover in Showdown Town...
I've jailed all the minjos now. No joy there.

Actually... there might be 6k notes available. I didn't count the winnings from the rows on the bingo.

diddlyD

Banned
well i finally tried the demo, and was pretty much disgusted by the art style, game play, tutorials, dialog, attempt at humor, and overall presentation. what target demographic are they aiming for with this game? 30 year olds who still find saturday morning cartoons intellectually hilarious?

then i come here to see whats up and i find a love fest. think im gonna skip it though, this all smells too much of one of those "we wanted to love it so much, we're gonna love it anyway, no matter what the fuck" situations like viva pinata, which i bought and regretted immensely.

i think rare is officially flat lined.

diddlyD said:
well i finally tried the demo, and was pretty much disgusted by the art style, game play, tutorials, dialog, attempt at humor, and overall presentation. what target demographic are they aiming for with this game? 30 year olds who still find saturday morning cartoons intellectually hilarious?

then i come here to see whats up and i find a love fest. think im gonna skip it though, this all smells too much of one of those "we wanted to love it so much, we're gonna love it anyway, no matter what the fuck" situations like viva pinata, which i bought and regretted immensely.

It's not me it's them.

Blader

diddlyD said:

diddlyd_small.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
diddlyD said:

OH GOD I'M LIVING A LIE

Also, I didn't really pay much attention to it, but in the Jingo game, once you get a row, are you just supposed to get notes? Why are there, what I thought was, parts on each square?

hulot

Fantastical said:
Also, I didn't really pay much attention to it, but in the Jingo game, once you get a row, are you just supposed to get notes? Why are there, what I thought was, parts on each square?

Fill a row, get notes; fill a column, get parts.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Do you guys know exactly what the yellow (or orange, I can't remember) Jinjo on Nutty Acres is looking for? I took on his challenge (to find his "Glowbo"), but can't seem to find it--if there's even any finding to do for that matter. I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do for that challenge.

jmoe316

Fantastical said:
OH GOD I'M LIVING A LIE

If you complete a row, you get a certain amount of notes. If you complete a column, you get the indicated part (note: I may have this backwards).

Not sure if you can get every row and every column to get all notes and parts so choose carefully. You can also rearrange the chips if you dont like the spot you originally put it on. But once you complete a row or column, those chips lock in place and cannot be moved.

goldenpp72

dirtmonkey37 said:
Do you guys know exactly what the yellow (or orange, I can't remember) Jinjo on Nutty Acres is looking for? I took on his challenge (to find his "Glowbo"), but can't seem to find it--if there's even any finding to do for that matter. I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do for that challenge.

he wants a banjo if I recall, it's to the left, not too hard to find.

hulot

dirtmonkey37 said:

If you're looking for the Glowbo, it's in the small lake next to the volcano.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So how do I open the laser gate that's next to Mr. Bottles in Showdown Town (one behind Humba's Blueprint shop)?

Edit: Nvm, read a couple pages back to get the answer.

So I was playing original Banjo on arcade and came across a secret egg thing. It said it unlocks something in Nuts & Bolts so I load it up and was half/kind of paying attention cause my friend was over talking to me and it jumps to a cutscene showing me where the egg was put into my game world. I didn't get a good look at where it was, and it won't play the cutscene again for me, could someone point me in the right direction?

Edit: Found it

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Man, I love Rare.

:lol @
Coconut collecting mission. In my frustration of taking too long to get the coconuts, I knocked down the Coconut sucker thing and turns out, you can just carry that to Mumbo's Nuts and collect the 14 coconuts you need in like 30 seconds. :lol

Top Bottom