• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

KevinCow said:
People who like good games, especially when they actually try something new. It's apparently a small demographic.
It's funny... right now there are 7 games which I have and could be playing / haven't completed yet. None of them are even getting a look in because I'm having far too much fun playing Banjo.

Sean

Banned
Anyone know how to free the red Jinjo by the uptown district? It's the last one I need to release but I can not find the switch anywhere.

Sean said:
Anyone know how to free the red Jinjo by the uptown district? It's the last one I need to release but I can not find the switch anywhere.
Switch is on top of the houses. There's a drain pipe on one of the buildings and a few tightropes to cross. Keep your eyes peeled for a hidden jiggy machine too. :)

Wizpig

Installed the game on my HD and the audio is glitchy as fuck, every time the game auto-saves the audio stops for a second or two and you can only hear the SFXs.
I already uninstalled it.

Wizpig said:
Installed the game on my HD and the audio is glitchy as fuck, every time the game auto-saves the audio stops for a second or two and you can only hear the SFXs.
That's very odd... it's working perfectly for me.

[Nintex]

Wizpig said:
Are you in the Logbox 720?

soco

Wizpig said:

sounds like possible disk fragmentation. do you have a 20gb drive and have you installed and deleted lots of stuff?

Wizpig

soco said:
sounds like possible disk fragmentation. do you have a 20gb drive and have you installed and deleted lots of stuff?
I do have a 20gb HD, and i did delete the PSU expansion and other things today.
I might have to de-fragment it tomorrow, how can i do it?

soco

Wizpig said:
I do have a 20gb HD, and i did delete the PSU expansion and other things today.
I might have to de-fragment it tomorrow, how can i do it?

there's no real 'defragment' option.

in cases like this, the closest thing you can do is delete all of the downloaded stuff you don't need, install the game, and then redownload :\ if you've paid for it, you can redownload it pretty easily, but it's a pain in the ass.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just got my copy in the mail today and what happens? My Xbox 360 dies. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my console back from Microsoft.

Plinko said:
I just got my copy in the mail today and what happens? My Xbox 360 dies. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my console back from Microsoft.

Could always buy a temp 360 and then return it once the other one comes back.

Psychotext said:
Leaderboards are useless on a lot of these challenges because it seems there's a lot of physics exploiting going on.

I've only run into one physics glitch. I was driving around Nutty Acres when I hit a bump and my vehicle went flying from a collision glitch :lol It's how I got the Whoa Nelly! achievement for going over a certain speed.

Psychotext said:
Leaderboards are useless on a lot of these challenges because it seems there's a lot of physics exploiting going on.

You see, I don't think that's really true. Most of the leaders I saw used wisely the game mechanics to their advantage (in a race, for example, moving the vehicle on the grid to get a headstart, or the nut challenge when he brought the nut thing into the field).

I also love the option to save the blueprint the guy used, though it's not always available for whatever reason.

Pyrokai

Here's a question or two:

Don't the parts seem rather limited? I have a lot of vehicles I want to make but I don't because I don't want to use too many parts. Engines are exceptionally low in quantity. Since I have three right now, does that mean I can only make three vehicles? Or does that mean I can only put three engines on per vehicle?

Also, what happens when I'm so low on parts, and I need some to make a vehicle? I don't want to delete any blueprints I've made. Am I doing something wrong here?

Littleberu said:
You see, I don't think that's really true. Most of the leaders I saw used wisely the game mechanics to their advantage (in a race, for example, moving the vehicle on the grid to get a headstart, or the nut challenge when he brought the nut thing into the field).
Depends how you define using game mechanics wisely. A good example was the free wheeling challenge where all of the top people basically go round and round in a circle or bounce between two points forever because the physics isn't working properly.

I was more interested in seeing what vehicle designs people had come up with.

Pyrokai said:
Since I have three right now, does that mean I can only make three vehicles? Or does that mean I can only put three engines on per vehicle?
You can use all your parts on one vehicle, and then use all your parts on another vehicle.

Think of it like the garage is completely dismantling one vehicle before using the parts in another one for you to use.

Aussie GAFfers, this game is only $59 at JB Hifi. And most stores should give you the Banjo Kazooie XBLA code for free without a pre-order. Well, Elizabeth St in Melbourne does anyway.

Going to get started on this game soon. Loved the demo.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Aussie GAFfers, this game is only $59 at JB Hifi. And most stores should give you the Banjo Kazooie XBLA code for free without a pre-order. Well, Elizabeth St in Melbourne does anyway.

Going to get started on this game soon. Loved the demo.

I didn't read Aussie at first and thought "wow, -$20 is a deal?"

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Like a lot of other people in this thread, I love this game. Once you have a decent amount of parts the vehicle building becomes really addictive. I've also just found my first jet engine :D

:( 199/200 notes on Logbox. Anyone recall seeing a single note anywhere?

All I'm missing now is that one note in Logbox and about 15 in Terrarium. I got all 900 in Showdown Town and got an achievement.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
:( 199/200 notes on Logbox. Anyone recall seeing a single note anywhere?

All I'm missing now is that one note in Logbox and about 15 in Terrarium. I got all 900 in Showdown Town and got an achievement.
I have 10 missing in Nutty Acres and it feels like I've covered the entire thing. What's annoying is that it could be a bunch of notes or one single gold one that I missed. =/

NeXuSDK

Wizpig said:

I have the same problem, but it's not just the audio. It's like it loses connection to the HDD sometimes.

This means that either the music stops playing for a while or that loading takes much longer than it should. The game itself is not affected by it, only stuff that needs to be loaded from the HDD.

I installed a ton of games on my 120 gb HDD when I got in the NXE preview program and N&B was one of the last of them, but I don't really want to delete and re-install everything just to make it work.

Jonsoncao

Banned
i also installed teh game, the choppy blueprint shop menu gets better, the loading is a little bit faster, and no audio glitches for me so far

btw im still using my old 20G HDD

NeXuSDK

Jonsoncao said:
i also installed teh game, the choppy blueprint shop menu gets better, the loading is a little bit faster, and no audio glitches for me so far

btw im still using my old 20G HDD

Hmm, maybe I should try deleting and re-install this game only and see if that helps...

Psychotext said:
I have 10 missing in Nutty Acres and it feels like I've covered the entire thing. What's annoying is that it could be a bunch of notes or one single gold one that I missed. =/

Fly highh. I think there's around 10 notes on top of the GIANT cog at the top of the level that makes the clouds spin around.

That's around the concrete pillar yeah? I'm starting to suspect that it's a single gold somewhere as I originally feared.

My obsessive nature will end me over this. :lol

Chris R

Wow... Just got the game finally today... I have no clue why people are hating on this. The demo wasn't that great, but the first two hours have been so much fun. Intro alone had me smiling quite a bit. The controls are better than the demo, and the game just feels better overall. There are a few issues like graphical slowdown here and there, but other than that, probably my second favorite 360 game this year.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
My god. I have brand spankin' new copies of L4D and Mirror's Edge, yet I just come back to this game. Ridiculously in love with this. :lol

For those who need help with the "protecting the robot's eyes" jiggy; get the eff out of your vehicle and use Banjo's strength. I just got out of my vehicle and started smacking them left and right. Ended up with the jiggy AND a TT Trophy. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
My god. I have brand spankin' new copies of L4D and Mirror's Edge, yet I just come back to this game. Ridiculously in love with this. :lol

For those who need help with the "protecting the robot's eyes" jiggy; get the eff out of your vehicle and use Banjo's strength. I just got out of my vehicle and started smacking them left and right. Ended up with the jiggy AND a TT Trophy. :D
I just made a vehicle with a shitload of ammo, guns pointing in every direction and spikes around the vehicle, and drove around mashing buttons and managed to complete it. :lol

This game is amazing, I don't have it in me to post indepth impressions at the moment, but I'm loving the design and I sincerely hope we get a Nuts & Bolts 2. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were fun games, but this game is something else. Rare need to not worry about the obsessive fans of old and continue their new stuff. After N&B and VP Rare have officially redeemed themselves in my book. So, a big thanks to everyone at Rare (your art team outdid themselves, the engine you made works so well that I never actually stopped and thought about it and it looks gorgeous to boot, and the soundtrack is outstanding)!

It's so great that in a season full of masterful refinements of old gameplay models (Gears 2, Fable 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3) that we are getting so much unique stuff to balance (Nuts & Bolts, Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead, LittleBigPlanet). It's a brilliant time to be someone who loves playing video games.

EDIT: Brad's review over at Giant Bomb pretty much sums up how I feel about the game.

Psychotext said:

Did you
Fly to the big gear on top of the world? I know there is a silver and a few bronze up there and I would guess 10 notes in total

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for TTing the mission "Unhappy Landings" in the first act of the Jiggoseum? I've tryed repeatedly for a while now and just can't get it.

EazyB

Banned
Got the achievement for "beating the game" fun stuff.

Still only at around 80 pieces though so I have plenty I need to do still.

Finally got on the top 10 of a leaderboard... and it was pure luck. I literally just moved into the right place at the start and fired off dual laser cannons. :lol

It's the final act of ToT.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Havent bought Banjo yet. Been playing xbla Banjo that i got for free, and its still as fun as it was on N64.

Too many games to buy and not enough time/money to buy them all. But so far, the one i am the most hyped for is Banjo, unlike some people, i actually liked the demo to some extend, so i guess i will really enjoy the full game :lol

Top Bottom