• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

autobzooty said:
Ah, I see. Yeah, instead of putting extra engines in there, I put in replenishers because the lasers ate up so much ammo. Probably not worth it in the long run though. I'll make those changes.

Also I'm working on an X-wing right now. And it's looking totally retarded. :lol I'll post some pics after I finish...

You can make a fairly good x-wing if you leave the wings closed rather than open. Otherwise it looks retarded.

autobzooty said:
SuperDrowns is the one who made it, not me. You should probably get the blueprint from him, since his apparently flies better anyways. :p
oh sorry, and sorry SuperDrowns :D, Anyways how do you send blue prints because I love your vehicle :D

I hate people that only play a game for 5 minutes and decide they don't like it, and then shit talk it whenever the game comes up in conversation. Most annoying thing in the world. Happened to me yesterday at work. I want to punch people.

Shadowlink123 said:
oh sorry, and sorry SuperDrowns :D, Anyways how do you send blue prints because I love your vehicle :D

there is a share blueprints options for your creations, there is also a send blueprints option.

if you guys want to post up your gamertag I'll send them out when I get a chance.

SuperDowns said:
there is a share blueprints options for your creations, there is also a send blueprints option.

if you guys want to post up your gamertag I'll send them out when I get a chance.
oh thats cool,

My GT: Shadowlink123

I can't wait to get it :D

SuperDowns said:
OH BTW what blueprints do you guys want?
xee5o2.jpg
Also if you have any others you could always suprise me :D, I hope I am not taking any of your time.

2zdx8ph.jpg

2igc5ud.jpg

s2azwj.jpg

Well, that's the best I can do with the X-Wing. I probably should have just made it with the wings closed, but that's not as cool. And the paint job kinda makes no sense, but there's only so much you can do. Overall, I'd say it's ugly as shit, but I'm giving myself points for effort. :lol

Surprisingly, it flies okay, it's just really really fast. I can hardly control it!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So I hated the demo of this game. Stupid huge worlds, stupid vehicles, and lack of platforming.

Then I decided to buy the game, and at the same time remove my Banjo-nostalgia goggles.

Hoooly shit. The demo does not do this game justice at all. Like everyone else has said, I have so many other AAA (lol) games I could be playing right now but this baby keeps sucking me in. Seeing my own freaking vehicles in action is fucking awesome and the games gives you such a sense of accomplishment when you make one that's really clever. I've played maybe a total of 10 hours so far, and I'm only at 15 jiggies. Showdown Down if THE BEST hubworld of any platformer. Period. I've sat down to play this game, and tell myself "Oh I'll spend an hour on this, than an hour on Warhawk."

Never happens.

The variety is simply amazing. I can spend thirty minutes hunting for Mumbo crates, 30 minutes doing challenges, then finally 30 minutes building and tweaking vehicles. (Of course, I always end up doing 90 minutes of each.)

Bravo Rare, Bra-fucking-vo.

2eaj7tf.jpg

If you want the blueprints I need you to accept my friend request or friend request me. My XBL name is lolzomghardcore.

Meanwhile...

RED 5 STANDING BY!

EEC0D2291408DECEE4A8.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any pro-tips for "Unhappy Landings" (Long Jump) in the Jiggoseum Act 1? I can't get the TT trophy no matter how hard I try. I only just barely get the Jiggy.

Thermite

Rez>You said:
Any pro-tips for "Unhappy Landings" (Long Jump) in the Jiggoseum Act 1? I can't get the TT trophy no matter how hard I try. I only just barely get the Jiggy.

Ugh, that was so frustrating. Here's what I did:
I used the Bike Blueprint that I bought off Humba earlier in the game and just replaced the small engine with a large one. (I don't know if there's more than one, but if there is, I used the very first Bike that she offers) After I got into the air, I slowly made the bike go to an angle so when it hit, it would do a bunch of flips. It took me a few tries, but I eventually got it.

If you want, I could send you the replay that I saved so you can see exactly what I did.

@Super downs: Sorry for being late, I was watching a show I just accepted your friends quest.

Back On-Topic: How do we get like suits for banjo to wear?

Shadowlink123 said:
@Super downs: Sorry for being late, I was watching a show I just accepted your friends quest.

Back On-Topic: How do we get like suits for banjo to wear?

You get it for beating the game.

Rez>You said:

Try putting an air cushion on the bottom of your car. Use some wings and glide as far as you can, and when you land, you'll slide a considerable distance. Hopefully it'll be enough to get you the trophy.

SuperDowns said:
If you want the blueprints I need you to accept my friend request or friend request me. My XBL name is lolzomghardcore.

Meanwhile...

RED 5 STANDING BY!

EEC0D2291408DECEE4A8.jpg

now I am going to say that the X wing is the best flying Star Wars replica... so far.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give them a shot.

Kuroyume

Banned
Nutty Acres at night... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Btw, are people cheating at this game already? I checked the first place guy's replay in the Grunty Nutty Acres game (where you knock the nut off her) and the dude seems to have cheated somehow.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Kuroyume said:

Btw, are people cheating at this game already? I checked the first place guy's replay in the Grunty Nutty Acres game (where you knock the nut off her) and the dude seems to have cheated somehow.
its not cheating, go watch the replay, clever using of game mechanics

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kuroyume said:

No cheating. I got the fuck out of my vehicle and just stole that egg. For example, in the Nutty Acres Jiggy mission where you have to
protect the golden egg in the middle of Nutty Acres from being destroyed by Gruntbot planes
, I just got out of my vehicle,
snatched the golden egg statue
and walked all the way to the big pipe bridge and put it in there. I just sat back and watched as the planes kamikazed towards the bridge without dealing any damage to the
statue.

Banjo 64 still lives in this game, but only if you choose to revive it. ;)

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Rez>You said:

I built a wonky cart with all the engines and fuel I had at that point.
I guess it has 3 small engines, 3 medium, 1 large engine. 3 small fuel, 3 medium fuel tanks.

Then I stuck Banjo in the front connected with a detachable.

Jump1.jpg

Fire it up.

Jump3.jpg

Detach bear a splitsecond before jump

Jump5.jpg

And profit!

Jump6.jpg

painey

Neckbeard did that get you the TT Trophy? I can easily make the Jiggy distance but I get nowhere near the TT distance, even with Jet engines I come up short and my car never rolls

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
painey said:
Neckbeard did that get you the TT Trophy? I can easily make the Jiggy distance but I get nowhere near the TT distance, even with Jet engines I come up short and my car never rolls
Neckbeard's way won't get you a TT. I managed to go it by building a plane with a single jet, a single large engine, 3 medium engines and 2 or 3 small engines. I also had air cushions on the bottom, three sets of wings (one foldable that I unfolded at the very beginning) and a shit load of propellors on the front.

I then had to fly off the top of the ring at the beginning (above the archlike thing) and aim myself at just thr right angle to the right.

If anyone wants the blueprint I used or wants the replay video, send me a friends request and I'll send you both. GT: Rez Mistle

Even with the right vehicle I had to do everything just right, I only JUST managed to break a score of 500 needed for the trophy.

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
painey said:

My muddled brain and crappy memory says 'YES'.
Although I have to check in the actual game if that is true :lol

I found that a lean, mean machine did the trick in this challenge, and you have to get a bit lucky. If the car stays straight on the track, and you manage to 'launch' the bear at the correct time you might get lucky :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Neckbeard69 said:
My muddled brain and crappy memory says 'YES'.
Although I have to check in the actual game if that is true :lol

I found that a lean, mean machine did the trick in this challenge, and you have to get a bit lucky. If the car stays straight on the track, and you manage to 'launch' the bear at the correct time you might get lucky :D
I didn't get anywhere near close enough, but my angle was probably very wrong.

Thermite

Neckbeard69 said:
I built a wonky cart with all the engines and fuel I had at that point.
I guess it has 3 small engines, 3 medium, 1 large engine. 3 small fuel, 3 medium fuel tanks.

Then I stuck Banjo in the front connected with a detachable.

Fire it up.

[IMG]

Detach bear a splitsecond before jump

[IMG]

And profit!

[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol Oh wow. Nice. I can't believe I didn't ever think of using an ejector seat; not once did the thought even [I]cross[/I] my mind... Jesus Christ. I suddenly feel very stupid.

Kuroyume

Banned
Celebrate the Release of the New Xbox Experience

Published November 11, 2008

The New Xbox Experience reinvents home entertainment from the inside out, changing the way we play games, watch movies and TV shows and interact with friends and family. Now you can join us in celebrating the new console update with a huge Game with Developers session featuring some of the hottest games on Xbox 360.

Do you want to play with (and against) the creators of your favorite games? Check out the list of games and times below, then send off a game invite to one of the listed gamertags to get in on the fun.

Sunday, November 23:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (3:00 – 5:00 P.M. ET)
Throughout your adventure, create your own abilities by building vehicles for Banjo to pilot over land, water, and air in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

* DEV Banjo: Gregg Mayles
* SaucyRedRacer: Shaun Read
* Schizofen: Andrew Fenwick
* vince54088: Kuan Leong Low (Vincent)
* DEV Bottles: Scott Sims
* DEV Gruntilda: Shelley Hodgekins
* Mosbond: Matthew Osbond
* GingerbreadFred: Richard Watson
* Boggy: John Pegg
* Waylander73: Richard Cousins
* Salvy: Salvatore Fileccia
* DEV Kazooie: David Pashute

For anyone that's interested... One of the achievements in the game is tied to playing a game with a Banjo team member or someone who has played a game with a Banjo team member.

Rez>You said:
Neckbeard's way won't get you a TT. I managed to go it by building a plane with a single jet, a single large engine, 3 medium engines and 2 or 3 small engines. I also had air cushions on the bottom, three sets of wings (one foldable that I unfolded at the very beginning) and a shit load of propellors on the front.

I then had to fly off the top of the ring at the beginning (above the archlike thing) and aim myself at just thr right angle to the right.

If anyone wants the blueprint I used or wants the replay video, send me a friends request and I'll send you both. GT: Rez Mistle

Even with the right vehicle I had to do everything just right, I only JUST managed to break a score of 500 needed for the trophy.

Eesh, you went through a lot for that trophy.

I got it quite early on in the game with a rather simple vehicle that is more or less an extension of the one neckbeard posted earlier, but instead of just having Banjo detaching by himself, I covered him in a ball of light body pieces. This simply allows him to bounce and roll a lot more than he would otherwise. Just release at the last second and hold forward on the stick. Didn't even have a large engine by that point in the game, heh.

Top Bottom