• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
goldenpp72 said:
I missed a gold note in the canals with water, there is a place to the left/right that isnt on camera naturally and its really tricky. took 3 hours :/
That's the same one I missed. :lol

Jonsoncao

Banned
900/900...finally....
thank you guys btw

the last shinny gold one was on the roof top of Humba's shop....right below a wooden plank.....took me several hrs.....geez :D

Echoes

Vehicle building is so much fun. Just did this, though I won't be using it since it's just a showcase (bundled it with jets), but it's really awesome to build such things.

nabsmv.jpg

Along with Braid and Sins of a Solar Empire, this is my GOTY.

Edit: I'm wondering how to get the achievement that tells me to reach a set speed with a vehicle of 200 blocks? this one is like 215 and I got it to full speed but nothing happened. Tips?

Railer

Echoes said:
Edit: I'm wondering how to get the achievement that tells me to reach a set speed with a vehicle of 200 blocks? this one is like 215 and I got it to full speed but nothing happened. Tips?

Im having this problem too. I just can't seem to get it.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I just followed the method on xbox360achievements

build a 200 blocks vehicle(dunno if it is 200, but i used all the quota on parts) and save the blueprint, go to nutty acres, use any plane to fly to the top of those gears, change the vehicle to the 200 blocks one(better with jets), accelerate all the way to the ground, if the speedmeter reaches the full gauge, it will unlock

Captain N

Railer said:
Im having this problem too. I just can't seem to get it.

Echoes said:

i got this off of the Achievement guide.

For this you will want to make a vehicle out of all Heavy Body types until it won't let you add anything more (this will be the 200 max), then head to Nutty Acres. Use a flying vehicle to go straight up to the ceiling of the level, then make sure there are no clouds in your path and pause the game. Select "change vehicle" and select the Heavy vehicle you've made. You will now be falling to the ground in your heavy vehicle. Hold UP on the control stick to tilt your nose down for more speed. If you fill the speed guage all the way before you land the achievement will unlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJi1lnS4ZU

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
op_ivy said:
finally beat it with ~95 jiggies and while i really enjoyed it for the most part, it was definitely a mixed bag and i've walked away with some mixed emotions about the whole experience.

i guess i still feel that the core game, the level challenges, simple were not any fun at all. the fun i found in the game was largely due to the exploration, puzzle solving, on foot AND in vehicle platforming within showdown town. had the game worlds mimicked thoe aspects of showdown town rather then being just a stage for shitty challenges, i would have enjoyed the game immensely more. the beautiful game worlds were just completely wasted IMO, with no reason to explore them at all.

maybe its just the fact that i HATED the terranium of terror world due to its complicated and claustrophobic nature (navigating in vehicles was sometimes a bitch) left a sour taste in my mouth...

again, to reiterate, i still loved the game and had a ton of fun with the 20-25 hours i spent with it, but it was also frustrating and disappointing that it wasn't all it could be. maybe in a sequel?

I'm about to beat the game with 81 jiggies and this is exactly how I feel. I even share your hatred of ToT. Such a mixed bag but ultimately I liked it more than I didn't so I'm pretty satisfied with the experience. Showdown Town really made it for me.

JRW

Just when I thought I had seen it all.. I spent an hour in Terrarium of Terror tonight for the first time and all I can say is Wow, Amazing.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Yeah, so I can't really wait for that text patch. I got the code for the first trapdoor tower from Mr. Fit, but it took me like 5 minutes to enter it correctly because I couldn't read it =/ But I'm starting to get some sweet parts and I actually made a really sweet car today. This game is a lot of fun and Showdown Town is incredibly awesome. I unlocked Logbox & Banjoland but I haven't been to either.

Also, the spec o' spy is supposed to help me find jinjos, but when I activate it all I get is a wonky 1st person camera that I can hardly control. This doesn't really help me locate the jinjos... Am I doing it wrong?

Pasco

Banned
Zoso said:
Also, the spec o' spy is supposed to help me find jinjos, but when I activate it all I get is a wonky 1st person camera that I can hardly control. This doesn't really help me locate the jinjos... Am I doing it wrong?

Yeah.

You don't have to activate it, it's always on. The Jinjo challenges will show up on your minimap if you have it on your vehicle, just like regular challenges do.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Pasco said:
Yeah.

You don't have to activate it, it's always on. The Jinjo challenges will show up on your minimap if you have it on your vehicle, just like regular challenges do.
Yeah, I actually figured this out shortly after making that post. Thanks anyway though. I figured the first person view was supposed to be good for something, but I guess not.

Btw this game is pure awesome. I'm loving it more and more. I've just explored Logbox and I love the level - The graphical glitches and the description of all the Rare games are priceless. Also, Klungo's game is just brilliant :lol

TTG

Rented this game today because PoP was checked out. First impressions are very positive. A game with a great sense of humor and a charming personality is very hard to find these days.

TTG

So I was taking one of the game balls to unlock a new world, the one by the docks. My game ball got magnetized and now it's stuck on the magnet and I have no way of getting it down... any ideas?

TTG

rhfb said:
drive up to the crane tower and move the crane over, its good that its there

I did and I climbed all the way up to the top of the crane but there's no button to press or atleast I don't see a way to control the crane.

EDIT: oh I see it. What a clumsy way to control the stupid thing.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So I made a ton of progress in Fallout 3, and wanted to take a break at an opportune moment.

Having not played a non-installed game since NCE came out, I almost decided against it, but something called to me. Pah I said to the demo I had disdain for, bah I prolaimed to the loudness of a spinning disc drive which at this point was almost alien to me. I just wanted to play something for a few to ease myself to bed, and something inside me told me Banjo would fit the bill.

Almost 4 hours later I realize I'm fucking tired and I'm not sure why. Then the clock shines in the corner of my weary eyes.

Madness. Utter madness I say.

Now I almost feel bad that I'm gonna neglect it a while longer for the most part, since while I'd love to play it in small chunks, I don't think that exists if tonight was any proof.

Building stuff, even as basic as I have thus far, is grand, and just the desire to get that next crate must have kept me going for a good long time.

Also, while the photo mode pictures don't totally portray it, and I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, God damn are there some sexy vistas.

6bdf1f1a1409196a58ac2c8e3.jpg

Until next time, oh burly bear.

P.S. The intro rocked. Seeing Banjo in that shape was excellent, and I don't even have prior Banjo experience (oh no, I'm a sinner).

Sleeker

Echoes said:
Vehicle building is so much fun. Just did this, though I won't be using it since it's just a showcase (bundled it with jets), but it's really awesome to build such things.

nabsmv.jpg

Along with Braid and Sins of a Solar Empire, this is my GOTY.

Awesome.

I knew someone was going to make a Mario vehicle eventually

Captain N

I'll be getting this bad boy today from Amazon. That's a good thing since Microsoft sent my XBOX back to me and I will have that on Tuesday.

Giard

Grecco said:
How do i get to the third world? After the Log Box thing? ( Ihave the third globe)
I don't think it was a problem for me...can't you just follow where the indicator points, and drop it there? For the fourth world though, I was lost for a long time trying to figure out what to do with the globe. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question.

I have a question of my own...I keep finding those crates with some ghost pigs or something telling me "Woe is me, blabla, must hear siren's call"...what's that all about?

Grecco

Well i have to take the third globe to the hub next to the lake i think. Problem is to get there theres a green ramp and the trolley just doesnt go up the hill. Im getting frustrated :/

Giard

Grecco said:
Well i have to take the third globe to the hub next to the lake i think. Problem is to get there theres a green ramp and the trolley just doesnt go up the hill. Im getting frustrated :/
Ah, then you haven't done the first Grunty Battle.

Look for the 3rd Nutty Acres door IIRC (it should have a witch's hat in the upper right corner), and get the jiggy there.

pr0cs

N&B is one of those games where you say, ah, just 5 more minutes to see if I can figure out where another box is, or one more jiggy and 3 hours later end up finally logging off

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
BenjaminBirdie said:
Welcome to the party, pal.

:D

Your prints, show me thems. :p

(You too, Tag, and whoever else on my list who I haven't seen because I've only read this page and now I'm just rambling lalalala)

Waikis

I finally got the time to play the game again!

Swing set! The mini vehicle in the middle would rotate 360 degrees at maximum speed.Great for hurling things (or hurling yourself even).
o6il3l.jpg

Battleship-banjo pirate edition!
Still WIP.
8xn7lj.jpg

Sydle

Waikis said:
I finally got the time to play the game again!

Swing set! The mini vehicle in the middle would rotate 360 degrees at maximum speed.Great for hurling things (or hurling yourself even).
snip swing

Battleship-banjo pirate edition!
Still WIP.
snip ship

Great work! I want to build that swing set.

Chris R

Finally got to upload a video of one challenge as well as my blueprint. Don't know if I'll still be in 4th place, but considering I did that in roughly 20 mins, and didn't see any videos before hand, 4th place isn't bad :lol 3rd level of the collesuem, worlds strongest bear. I could probably do it even faster considering I was using a mash up vehicle from previous challenges in the level :lol

I love this game. The exploration and experimentation factor really drawing me in.

i like how most of the challenge is physics based so you make your own creative solutions.
I bet there's a ton of easter eggs.

Echoes

rhfb said:
So is there anything that I MUST DO before I go
back home and beat the "final" challenge?
Yes, Burn The Witch achievement. Just ride your trolley in Showdown Town and
attack Gruntilda with your laser
. If you finished the game before doing this you'll miss on the achievement, like I did :(

TTG

I think my ratio of time in garage to jiggy challenge must be 4:1. I have 21 jiggies and 14 custom vehicles so far. Also, I can't stop buying the blueprints, I must have all of them! Any reason to save up notes I should know about before spending everything on at the parts/blueprints store?

Sydle

TTG said:
I think my ratio of time in garage to jiggy challenge must be 4:1. I have 21 jiggies and 14 custom vehicles so far. Also, I can't stop buying the blueprints, I must have all of them! Any reason to save up notes I should know about before spending everything on at the parts/blueprints store?

You should have enough notes to buy everything in the game. Don't spend too much on the cop bribes.

Loving the game so far. And text is fine on my sdtv...

The intro was great, though they missed a great opportunity for an 80's style workout section. Could have had you running and jumping around the spiral mountain area to get in shape, accompanied by Eye of the Tiger or something equally suitable.

Zoso

I encountered a mission on Nutty Acres Act 4 in which I had to protect Mr. Fit. I started off trying to combat the gruntbots, but that didn't really work too well. So instead I decided to make a flying cage to protect him. It didn't handle very well, but it got the job done. It's a very fun process coming up with ideas and seeing if they work or not : )

Mr. Fit's Fancy New Cage
3103271888_5eac2b7f7a.jpg

& Did I mention this game is beautiful??
3103271912_5c308fd629.jpg

3102437733_5092467777.jpg

Zoso said:
I encountered a mission on Nutty Acres Act 4 in which I had to protect Mr. Fit. I started off trying to combat the gruntbots, but that didn't really work too well. So instead I decided to make a flying cage to protect him. It didn't handle very well, but it got the job done. It's a very fun process coming up with ideas and seeing if they work or not : )

At first I couldn't tell what those things on top were, then I saw the balloons in the next shot. Truly inspired. This game is just limitless in its capacity to impress me.

Zoso

BenjaminBirdie said:
At first I couldn't tell what those things on top were, then I saw the balloons in the next shot. Truly inspired. This game is just limitless in its capacity to impress me.
Yeah, sadly I only have two propellers, so I had to just use a crapload of balloons to lift that heavy cage. It got the job done, but it handled poorly. I can't wait till I get all the parts and start making some real crazy stuff :D

Grecco said:
Klungo Saves the World is maybe the most amazing thing ever.
I agree. The whole concept is hilarious. And the art that is displayed when you're in the game is fantastic :lol

Zoso said:
Yeah, sadly I only have two propellers, so I had to just use a crapload of balloons to lift that heavy cage. It got the job done, but it handled poorly. I can't wait till I get all the parts and start making some real crazy stuff :D

Wow! You only have two propellers and you still made that? I wish I had your gumption. I held off on being really elaborate until I get more parts. So industrious!

Zoso

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow! You only have two propellers and you still made that? I wish I had your gumption. I held off on being really elaborate until I get more parts. So industrious!
Gotta make due with what ya got :p

Top Bottom