• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

watkinzez

A lot of the challenges in Weird West (the cut level) were reallocated to other levels, so I don't think you'll be seeing that.
I'd say it's a given that the content has something to do with the contest Rare held over the holidays, and the finalists' vehicles.

schlew

So, since I assume you're all a friendly lot, here's my nub questions.

With some of my designs, I've noticed that once brought into the world, I need to assign certain components. In particular, my folding wings always need to be assigned. Is there something I'm doing wrong, and if so, how do I correct that?

KevinCow

Banned
schlew said:

With some of my designs, I've noticed that once brought into the world, I need to assign certain components. In particular, my folding wings always need to be assigned. Is there something I'm doing wrong, and if so, how do I correct that?
I don't think there is any way to set what the default equipped components are. That's pretty much the only issue I have with the vehicle creator.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
KevinCow said:
I don't think there is any way to set what the default equipped components are. That's pretty much the only issue I have with the vehicle creator.
Yeah, that really, really bugged me. It seems like it would've been a relatively easy thing to add as well.

Sydle

schlew said:

I don't recall that happening to me. Are you building vehicles with more than three trigger (you having to press a button) functions?

schlew said:

This happened to me a lot. It has to do with the order in which you place the parts that use buttons. Try doing this to fix it:

Take off all the parts that use buttons and then go into the test-o-track. Then head back to the garage and add the parts that you need in the order that you want them to be assigned. I think that fixed it for me.

Also don't forget that you can use the d-pad to quick assign these buttons, although I know that's still annoying.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Agent Icebeezy said:
New Banjo DLC coming

I'm probably in the minority on this, but this is my idea (and I hope to God that Rare is reading and listening to this):

LOG creates a new world for Banjo and Kazooie to explore, however, for security purposes, he confiscates your vehicle everytime you enter this new DLC world.

Banjo: "What do I do without my vehicle?"

*cue Kazooie joke about how fat and lazy Banjo is*

LOG: "Do what you used to do, of course."

That's where, by popular demand, you get a world solely played via platforming in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

...I have a dream.

Domino Theory said:
I'm probably in the minority on this, but this is my idea (and I hope to God that Rare is reading and listening to this):

LOG creates a new world for Banjo and Kazooie to explore, however, for security purposes, he confiscates your vehicle everytime you enter this new DLC world.

That's where, by popular demand, you get a world solely played via platforming in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

...I have a dream.
OMG that would be so awesome. I'd buy that DLC :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Domino Theory said:

...I have a dream.
Yes please.

besiktas1

FFUUUUUUUUUUU....................

Oh wow I just rage quited. First time since GTAIV's last mission last year.

Again it's the final bit, the showdown with the witch. You should have seen me playing :lol the noises mixed with swearing.

"FUUUUUUUUUUU, You brooooom!!! CUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTT!!!! TOSSSSSSS YOU BRRRRRRRRAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!"

I'll probably get back to it tomorrow though. It's just too good to rage quit for good :D

P.S. Such an awesome game, took me by surprise of how addictive it is, I defiantly recommend it, it's got that "just one more go" thing a lot of games are missing lately...

Sorry for the bump but I just needed to vent

Homing missiles. Homing missiles. Homing missiles. It took me ages to build the perfect vehicle for that final challenge, but the winner involved plenty of homing missiles.

besiktas1

BenjaminBirdie said:
Homing missiles. Homing missiles. Homing missiles. It took me ages to build the perfect vehicle for that final challenge, but the winner involved plenty of homing missiles.
Hmm I don't think I have any of those, where can I get them? p.s. I have hardly any notes left either to buy from shop...

Oh yeah just remembered my final words, as I walked off sulking like a bitch :lol

"Fuck you broom, I'm sending you to Goozex".

I feel bad now, should I appologise to it? I think I'll try again defiantly tomorrow.

besiktas1 said:
Hmm I don't think I have any of those, where can I get them? p.s. I have hardly any notes left either to buy from shop...

Oh yeah just remembered my final words, as I walked off sulking like a bitch :lol

"Fuck you broom, I'm sending you to Goozex".

I feel bad now, should I appologise to it? I think I'll try again defiantly tomorrow.

I forget what they're called but they're crates with a big red bird egg popping out of them.

besiktas1

Well I just beat it... I couldn't stay mad.

This game was sooo good it's not funny, I loved it, here's to a Nuts and Bolts 2, this time with a challenge/level editor.

Do it RARE, do it.

watkinzez

The DLC achievements have been added to N&B's achievement summary on Live.

Crowd Pleaser
Knock down all of the supporting cast in Ben Hurdle

Wheels on Fire
Burn an opponent's vehicle until it falls apart at the seams

Halfway Home
Complete all of L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges once

Ultimate - Played The Game
Show Sssuper Klungo the real meaning of sssuper

Paint the Town Gold
Complete all of L.O.G.'s lost challenges to TT standard

Sssave The Universsse!
Complete all Lost Challenges in L.O.G.'s Choice and Player's Choice vehicles

Pointless Achievement
Find the door to L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges

Old Ssskool Ssseekrit Area
Klungo not ssstupid, ussse old fake wall trick to hide Klungo goodnesss

L.O.G. Ranked Apprentice
Win one of the new DLC multiplayer games in a ranked match

L.O.G. Master
Win all of the new DLC multiplayer games

My money's still on Rare having created new challenges based around the abilities of the contest winning vehicles.

Everdred

Vinterbird said:
They have to announce the DLC today or very soon now.

So L.O.G.'s Lost Challenge. New levels or just new stuff to do?
Well this achievement makes it sound like a new world:

Pointless Achievement
Find the door to L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges

but I guess they could just add a door to an existing world.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
More mutiplayer achivements, I cant even get the first set.

watkinzez said:
The DLC achievements have been added to N&B's achievement summary on Live.

My money's still on Rare having created new challenges based around the abilities of the contest winning vehicles.
nice! yeah I have that same feeling

Nicktals

Banned
Domino Theory said:

...I have a dream.

Would give up my quest to find a used 360 of a newer model type for a good price, and just buy an arcade. Oh, for all of you who remember me and my viewpoint (and blasphemed by shouting troll, as i simply whispered back confidently "banjo can't jump"), you'll be glad to know banjo is indeed on my short list of games to buy the same day i get the machine. I had planned on experiencing everything that appealed to me about the game (pretty much everything except, well, the gameplay) through youtube videos. But that's not cutting it, and I recently found out that any game (or is it limited to this one?) with a demo gets absolutely spammed on youtube, with incredibly dumb and misleading videos from the demo. So I want the humor and the characters and the music and the graphics (on an edtv or small LCD monitor...still haven't decided).

But if the DLC is vehicle free
i'll just pay the fee for a 360.
Just to see how i kill grunty.

Not Grunty rhyme structure but meh, it didn't even start intentionally...but then 'C' rhymed with free and it went from there.

I would splooge over a platforming, vehicle free level. And would quickly proclaim it the greatest downloadable content of all time. Propelling a mediocre game into the stratosphere of amazing, where only Galaxy has gone before.

Rlan

The trailer is up now on the Xbox marketplace!

Get yourself psyched for L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges, the full-featured Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts downloadable content pack. This trailer offers a taste of the brand new Jiggy Games, hosted in the Test-O-Track beneath Mumbo's Motors, with very special bonus content to be unlocked upon successful completion. New multiplayer games and Achievements are also included. L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges: a snip at the price, and after watching the trailer we hope you'll agree. If not, well... how about watching it again?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf000d-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307ed?cid=SLink

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I need an excuse to put this game back in my 360. This will work juuuust fine.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DLC images
1162_0001.jpg

1162_0002.jpg

1162_0003.jpg

1162_0004.jpg

1162_0005.jpg

1162_0006.jpg

1162_0007.jpg

1162_0008.jpg

1162_0009.jpg

1162_0010.jpg

1162_0011.jpg

1162_0012.jpg

1162_0013.jpg

Moooooooore Klungo :D

Wow, awesome! Old school puzzle piece collecting unlocks a new Klungo game, looks like. A bit disappointed that the new world is just the test track but hey.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
FinFan said:
Google reader is telling me this hits April 7th.
Happy Birthday to me!!!

Where can I get a High Rez wallpaper for the Klungo Arcade backgrounds? I want one so bad!:D

Easily the best game on the system. I was a bit taken aback by the whole concept, but it's really nice to see an old developer do something as ballsy, not to mention imaginative, as this. It has that Nintendo touch of unexpected, creative fun.

this and VP2 are both $20 at amazon right now and i can't decide whether or not to pick up even one of them. i had fun with the demo but i REALLY need to be sold on the game and this is the thread to do it in

Top Bottom