• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

So I finally picked up the L.O.G. DLC.

Only finished one challenge, as that Basketball one was hell of tough. Love the new music and the intro is classssic. I also finally played a bit of multiplayer and found it easier to find a game than I thought, hearing all the horror stories. Definitely need to beef up a Competition Ready vehicle though.

I also tried to beat Klungo's game but can't get past Stepssss.

Fail.

And am I crazy or did they totally revamp the radar map? The thing is fucking awesome.

Wizpig

watkinzez said:
New Scribes. A great way to waste half an hour as always.
The internet told me a couple of weeks ago that we're doing new KI and PD games at E3, if that's any help. Should this information somehow, almost inconceivably, turn out to be less than 150% accurate, please feel free to direct your rage at any part of the internet that isn't this one.
:lol
For every mail asking us to "please make a new Knight Lore" there are 100 politely requesting "OMG KI3 U IDEOTS" and we still haven't done that yet.
:lol

Wizpig

Well well, finished the game,
final boss sucked but i expected nothing better.
I actually have a question: is the only way to see the credits select them at the main screen?
Found it odd that no credits showed up after the final boss and final cutscene, just wondering... :)

Wizpig

Here's my Stop 'n' Swop car [0.5, work in progress]
It has all the S'n'S items and the big silver "?" is meant to symbolize the one found on the eggs.

e4c9198a140ab6001ac8.jpg

9e094aea140ab601a92c.jpg

oatmeal

Banned
Not totally related...

But I got BK on XBLA yesterday and turned it on...my GOD! What an amazing game! Absolutely holds up to today. Got 12 or so Jiggie's...It's all so familiar, yet so foreign.

I love the system where you can get as many as you want at once and don't restart the level when you get one (ala Mario)...but man, what a great playing game.

I never finished it on the N64, but I got damn close...I may beat my first XBLA game.

oatmeal said:
Not totally related...

But I got BK on XBLA yesterday and turned it on...my GOD! What an amazing game! Absolutely holds up to today. Got 12 or so Jiggie's...It's all so familiar, yet so foreign.

I love the system where you can get as many as you want at once and don't restart the level when you get one (ala Mario)...but man, what a great playing game.

I never finished it on the N64, but I got damn close...I may beat my first XBLA game.

don't pass tooie up, then. i think it surpasses the original in just about every regard.

oatmeal

Banned
Never actually played Tooie...

Just played some more, got 9 more Jiggies in the beach level (I couldn't for the life of me find all of them...I got all 100 notes but that didn't give me anything...hmm...)...

And then got another one outside the level (after having hit the witch switch)...

Fun times all around.

Wizpig

[Nintex], you won that Twitter Banjo contest i see... great reply, the best out of the 3 winners:lol

edit. A N&B mouse pad, right? i want one of those :(

Bog

Junior Ace
Just started this after grabbing it from Target for $9. So is there a reason it keeps saving my game every 6 seconds? It even saves in the middle of dialogue sometimes.

Wizpig

Bog said:
Just started this after grabbing it from Target for $9. So is there a reason it keeps saving my game every 6 seconds? It even saves in the middle of dialogue sometimes.
It's just like that... not that annoying after a few days you play.

Chris R

Coldsnap said:
Is there a way to watch videos of the fastest times on the leaderboards? I can't get past this one leve.
Yes? It should just be as simple as pressing a button. I believe that the top 10 or so times are stored and you can download them and watch. I even had one of my times uploaded at one point :D

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
After "beating" this game a long time ago, I finally went back and got all 131 jiggies. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I still couldn't get the TT on that damn Saucer of Peril :lol Good thing you don't have to get all the trophies.

Final impressions are that the game is incredibly solid, but I still feel that there could have been more mission variety. It seems like the end of the game has much more interesting challenges and the first half of the game is filled with rather repetitive missions. Exploration was the main point of fun for me the entire game. All of the game worlds were great to explore, even if some of them seemed too cramped for vehicles. And of course, graphics and music were incredible. Overall I really enjoyed the game. And although the banjo fanboy inside of me would have rather seen a platforming game, I'm glad Rare tried new things and I feel that they succeeded for the most part.

karby

how important is the custom vehicle skill in relation to the progression of the game? are there areas where you absolutely have to make your own vehicle? i bought this game a while ago, and i'm just now starting it, but so far all of my custom vehicles are just trash.

Chris R

You quickly learn via creation what makes a vehicle good or horrible. I was shit to begin with as well, but towards the end I was great. Having upgraded parts helps as well. You do need to make your own every now and then, but I guess you could get through the game just using the built in blueprints that you can buy.

I like this game but I really hate having to sit around and build cars. It is annoying. And I don't think you can really win w/o customizing vehicles.

Sean

Banned
karby said:
how important is the custom vehicle skill in relation to the progression of the game? are there areas where you absolutely have to make your own vehicle? i bought this game a while ago, and i'm just now starting it, but so far all of my custom vehicles are just trash.

if you really don't want to make your own vehicles you can just go to the leaderboards for that specific challenge and download someones blueprints from it.

not everyone shares them but you'll be able to find at least one that should let you easily beat it

FerranMG

Ok, so I bought this game for Christmas this year and started it today.
I'm really amazed at how I'm loving it.
After playing the XBLA version of Banjo Kazooie back when it was released, and not liking it much, I really didn't have much hope for this one.
But there's so many things to do, and the pace of the game is so well set that I constantly find myself playing for "just one more jiggy".

And I'm enjoying much more than I expected as well the vehicle creator.
I tend to prefer having thins given, but it's so easy to create the vehicle you want for each challenge, that I'm having great fun building them.

Is there still people playing online? Is it worth it? And the DLC?

Wizpig

FerranMG said:
Ok, so I bought this game for Christmas this year and started it today.
I'm really amazed at how I'm loving it.
After playing the XBLA version of Banjo Kazooie back when it was released, and not liking it much, I really didn't have much hope for this one.
But there's so many things to do, and the pace of the game is so well set that I constantly find myself playing for "just one more jiggy".

And I'm enjoying much more than I expected as well the vehicle creator.
I tend to prefer having thins given, but it's so easy to create the vehicle you want for each challenge, that I'm having great fun building them.

Is there still people playing online? Is it worth it? And the DLC?
Guess you are one of those "new Banjo" fans, since you didn't like the original much etc.

DLC is worth it, it's very cheap and fun... as for the online, basically no one plays, but when the DLC came out, some people returned for the achievements.

gragy10

Just to add that this is probably the best £10 I've spent in the last 6 months. Complaints about repetition strike me as pretty typical sandbox stuff. Personally I think the onus is on the player to mix up their activities. Also, the steady trickle of new parts seems just right, assuming you don't get ahead of yourself (eg; Banjo Land float-or-not controversy).
And just to reiterate, it really is a very very pretty game. Definitely helped justify my TV upgrade..

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Jiggillionaire isn't too difficult. Just look up a guide for solutions if you're having problems with certain missions. Or download people's replays.

zumphry

Banned
Wizpig said:

Premier League isn't really that difficult if you don't mind spending 2 or so hours with just idling(with some playing) in a local marathon match by yourself. :lol

Anyway, I'm trying to play though Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie(for the first time on XBLA, did so already on N64, mostly for achievements) before I finish up Nuts and Bolts. And mostly because I got frustrated trying to finish Klungo Sssssavesss The World :lol

Wizpig

Psychotext said:
Difficult?
Yup, but thanks everyone for the tips.

Basically, i have to do that LOG Achievement with a friend in online multiplayer, so that's not a problem; maybe the league one too, but if we don't want to i will do it offline. [we did the other league achievement online... a pain, but i want all the achievements "legit"]

The other 3 achievements are quite hard/time consuming.

kylej

Banned
uh just realized I can hold my cart above my head while I swim when in Showdown Town

I've been dragging jiggies from Banjo Land through the water.

:/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
kylej said:
uh just realized I can hold my cart above my head while I swim when in Showdown Town

I've been dragging jiggies from Banjo Land through the water.

:/
don't you have the trolley flotation device from Logbox 720 yet?

kylej

Banned
Rez said:
don't you have the trolley flotation device from Logbox 720 yet?

Not at the time. I went for Banjoland before Logbox.

Man what a weekend. Haven't been so absorbed in a game in a long time. Went from 8 to 78 jiggies in 2 days, picked up 60 TT trophies and just opened up Spiral Mountain. Some of the first place replays are just insane.

Kinda regretting not going for the rows in Jinjo Bingo. I thought the columns would give me some super rare stuff but now I think the notes would've been more useful. Oh well.

Cdammen

Picked up the game yesterday and wow! This game is beatiful and really fun to play. I'm working my way through LOGbox 720 and the jokes/digs at Microsoft, video game clichées and RARE are hilarious at times. The music is my favorite audiovisual part of the game, it's really catchy and masterfully composed. Robin Beanland, Grant Kirkhope and Dave Clynick I bow to you!

The physics are top-notch and once you learn its gameyness you can exploit it. RARE seem to have thought about everything taking "cheats" into consideration. They want you to be creative and think outside of the "huh a X mission, I'll build a X" logic :)

This game needs more hype, it's really underrated, it does so many innovative things.

mujun

Cdammen said:
Picked up the game yesterday and wow! This game is beatiful and really fun to play. I'm working my way through LOGbox 720 and the jokes/digs at Microsoft, video game clichées and RARE are hilarious at times. The music is my favorite audiovisual part of the game, it's really catchy and masterfully composed. Robin Beanland, Grant Kirkhope and Dave Clynick I bow to you!

The physics are top-notch and once you learn its gameyness you can exploit it. RARE seem to have thought about everything taking "cheats" into consideration. They want you to be creative and think outside of the "huh a X mission, I'll build a X" logic :)

This game needs more hype, it's really underrated, it does so many innovative things.

I loved every minute of this game. I also thought it was really nice looking.

FFChris

Cdammen said:

I agree, it's a fantastic game. Unfortunately it got caught with a lot of negativity because it wasn't a 'true banjo game'.

I wonder how well it would have been received if it was a new IP starring new characters.

Top Bottom