• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
h3ro said:
One more Update! Glad to see both games are going to have a strong GAF presence...

PSN:

Big Nate - Diseasedyak
KTallguy - KTallguy
McLovin - Quarry
Remy - RemyVJA
Sykra - Sykra
joe211 - gengis
OatmealMu - OatmealMu
calder - caldermuyo
h3ro - m0nkeyhero
Elbrain - Alfred-abomb
Plinko - RedWingLion
BlindMonkey - BlindMonkey
WHOAguitarninja - WHOAguitarninja
cjdunn - cjdunn
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
Nightz - N1ghtz
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer
neojubei - neojehuty
Mega Man's Electric Sheep - ElectricSheepNB
Tiduz - Tiduz
TTP - Bloody_Marcel (List full)
Mrbob - Mrbob2k7
EktorPR - EktorOni
Assembly Required - Memory Cure

360:

Rowsdower - mahelar
a Master Ninja - a Master Ninja
Xun - Volcanux
Livin_Lovin - DeadRenegade
burgerdog - burgerdog99
I AM JOHN! - FreakmanJ
MaizeRage25 - MaizeRage25
Eric WK - Eric WK
aidan - Space Donkeys
Opus Angelorum - Aranathos
INTERNET - pushpull
santouras - santouras
Duck - Duckracer1

DSKillzhtown... whats your tag?

Ooops, dskillzhtown is my gamertag too.

h3ro

One more update for tonight...

PSN:

Big Nate - Diseasedyak
KTallguy - KTallguy
McLovin - Quarry
Remy - RemyVJA
Sykra - Sykra
joe211 - gengis
OatmealMu - OatmealMu
calder - caldermuyo
h3ro - m0nkeyhero
Elbrain - Alfred-abomb
Plinko - RedWingLion
cjdunn - cjdunn
Nightz - N1ghtz
neojubei - neojehuty
Tiduz - Tiduz
Mrbob - Mrbob2k7
EktorPR - EktorOni
replayy - replayy
gray_fox224 - riceman224
vercity82 - azmo85

360:

Rowsdower - mahelar
Xun - Volcanux
burgerdog - burgerdog99
I AM JOHN! - FreakmanJ
Eric WK - Eric WK
aidan - Space Donkeys
INTERNET - pushpull
santouras - santouras
Duck - Duckracer1
dskillzhtown - dskillzhtown

Sectus

bune duggy said:
has burnout ever had split screen?
Every Burnout game before Paradise has had splitscreen multiplayer. Burnout 3 and 4 also had some form of crash mode splitscreen as well.

Mrbob

Nice thanks.

I have to get usb because I have blue tooth issues with my PS3.

I just ordered a white dual shock 3 controller so hopefully that gets rid of my controller problems. If not I also ordered a 10 foot usb a to mini b adapter from monoprice so I can direct connect.

Rimshot

I just did my budget for the comming month :/
With all the handheld goodness and no more heroes (plus all other random expenses) I have to choose between this game and my pre ordered dmc4. And I just can't decide between the two =/ Awesome singleplayer vs carwrecking multiplayer.

h3ro

Rimshot said:
I just did my budget for the comming month :/
With all the handheld goodness and no more heroes (plus all other random expenses) I have to choose between this game and my pre ordered dmc4. And I just can't decide between the two =/ Awesome singleplayer vs carwrecking multiplayer.

Burnout... come on.. do it... do itttttt....

If anyone was wondering about the achievements that just say to visit burnout.ea.com, they are:

Paid and Displayed is for finding all Car Parks. (There are 11 Car Parks total)

Criterion Fever is a virus achievement that started with the Criterion guys. When you takedown someone that has the achievement it will unlock for you.

EDIT:Any tips on Flatspins? I was bad at them in the demos, I'm bad at them now. Any ramps where they are really easy to do? Is it all about the timing of the e-brake, angle, etc? I just can seem to get the velocity to spin a full 360 or beyond.

Mrbob said:
Me too.

I need a good USB headset.
I'm looking at the Logitech PS2 USB mics they have at EB. They're $29.99 at the store but I can get one off eBay for $10 shipped.

everyone getting this game at Best Buy, here's a $10 coupon off any PS3 game:

http://www.geocities.com/allegate/bestbuy1tp1.jpg

edit: what about the ClearChat Comfort USB? what little I've been able to find looks good and that auction is at 1/2 the retail price.

Mrbob

bune duggy said:
I'm looking at the Logitech PS2 USB mics they have at EB. They're $29.99 at the store but I can get one off eBay for $10 shipped.

everyone getting this game at Best Buy, here's a $10 coupon off any PS3 game:

http://www.geocities.com/allegate/bestbuy1tp1.jpg

edit: what about the ClearChat Comfort USB? what little I've been able to find looks good and that auction is at 1/2 the retail price.

I'll let you know after I Find it.

I'm going to order the clearchart usb headset.

Whelp MAYBE NOT:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&tab=7&id=1185265539555#productdetail

h3ro

PSN:

Big Nate - Diseasedyak
KTallguy - KTallguy
McLovin - Quarry
Remy - RemyVJA
Sykra - Sykra
joe211 - gengis
OatmealMu - OatmealMu
calder - caldermuyo
h3ro - m0nkeyhero
Elbrain - Alfred-abomb
Plinko - RedWingLion
cjdunn - cjdunn
Nightz - N1ghtz
neojubei - neojehuty
Tiduz - Tiduz
Mrbob - Mrbob2k7
EktorPR - EktorOni
replayy - replayy
gray_fox224 - riceman224
vercity82 - azmo85
bune duggy - allegate
untoldhero - untoldhero

360:

Rowsdower - mahelar
Xun - Volcanux
burgerdog - burgerdog99
I AM JOHN! - FreakmanJ
Eric WK - Eric WK
aidan - Space Donkeys
INTERNET - pushpull
santouras - santouras
Duck - Duckracer1
dskillzhtown - dskillzhtown
C4lukin - C4Lukins

Rowsdower

h3ro, you are, well, my hero :D .

Updated the OP with GTs/PSNs, the working codes (except that microthing) and the devastating news for all the aussies. I feel sorry for you.

Gowans

Really looking forward to this hitting the UK on Friday, might take a half day to dick around.

Didn't know much was happening in this thread, guess its turned into a online matchup too.

Ok well Im in, tho my friends list is full.

Gowans007 - 360

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson

Rowsdower

a Master Ninja said:
Paid and Displayed is for finding all Car Parks. (There are 11 Car Parks total)

Criterion Fever is a virus achievement that started with the Criterion guys. When you takedown someone that has the achievement it will unlock for you.

That sounds kinda cool. I wonder how long it takes until the fever reaches around.

EDIT:Any tips on Flatspins? I was bad at them in the demos, I'm bad at them now. Any ramps where they are really easy to do? Is it all about the timing of the e-brake, angle, etc? I just can seem to get the velocity to spin a full 360 or beyond.

A full 360 flatspin is kinda hard to do (at least with the ramps in the demo). It all comes down to speed (for more airtime), angle of the ramp (again, airtime) and e-brake timing (do it as late as you can to prevent slowing down, but not too late or you will spin too slow).
Hope that helps.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Anyone still on the demo have they turned the servers off? If so its BS, We don't get the game for another month :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rowsdower said:
A full 360 flatspin is kinda hard to do (at least with the ramps in the demo). It all comes down to speed (for more airtime), angle of the ramp (again, airtime) and e-brake timing (do it as late as you can to prevent slowing down, but not too late or you will spin too slow).
Hope that helps.

380 here :D

I found it easier to pull off when e-braking sooner rather than later. Car spins faster > air time.

Used the first ramp on the beach poiting west.

dkeane

TTP said:
380 here :D

I found it easier to pull off when e-braking sooner rather than later. Car spins faster > air time.

Used the first ramp on the beach poiting west.
Yup, this is where I've been doing huge flatspins. Had another player hit me in the air and spun like crazy.

Cedeo

I'm definatley getting this game however I don't know for what platform, 360 has most of my friends on it however isn't the PS3 version built for it and ported to the 360?

Rowsdower

Yeah, the HUGE Flatspins are mostly by accident anyway, like hitting a palm tree with the back of the car and spinning well beyond 400 degrees. Happened to me numerous times.

nofi

mysticstylez said:
I'm getting it for PS3, however I forget where I can find my PSN name. Is it the same name I used to set up my PS Store account?

Think so. It's certainly the one on the far right (friends) menu anyway.

OatmealMu

There's definitely a sweet spot for big flatspins when, for example, going off the beach ramp in the demo. Hell if I can figure out where it is though. When going purely for big air, centering your car on the raised section of the ramp does the trick. You need a lot of speed, which is my biggest problem. Getting speed is easy. It's the lining up part that's hard. The ramp just comes at me too fast.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mysticstylez said:
I'm getting it for PS3, however I forget where I can find my PSN name. Is it the same name I used to set up my PS Store account?

It's the name of top of your friends list.

Rowsdower

OatmealMu said:
There's definitely a sweet spot for big flatspins when, for example, going off the beach ramp in the demo. Hell if I can figure out where it is though. When going purely for big air, centering your car on the raised section of the ramp does the trick. You need a lot of speed, which is my biggest problem. Getting speed is easy. It's the lining up part that's hard. The ramp just comes at me too fast.

You probably already figured that out, but it's a lot harder to nail a jump when coming from the west, since the sun blinds you.

Top Bottom