• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Camera Equipment Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

By the way, there's no way to get my EU 5R to shoot videos in 60fps, is there?

Is NEX5 and NEX7 are anything to go by. nope. You can not choose region in the software.

Semi interested in the 18-105G. I have no telephoto lenses for my NEX system, and I kinda miss it.

Flo_Evans

Picked up a PN-11 52mm macro tube extension.

fHYThNO.jpg

Lets the 180mm 2.8 get down to 1:2. With the 60mm micro I can get down to 2:1! The 180 combo gives some nice working distance for live bugs. Can't wait to really give it a good test in the field.

tino

Banned
Probably using old processor, small buffers, plus it has low res lcd and evf, It's interesting to see Oly and Sony going at it from two end points in terms of price. I guess time will tell if it's going to work for the "bigger is better" crowd in the West. (I doubt it.)

Its still very popular in the US. Supposedly Canon EOS M doesn't sell very well in the 'Murica and they want to delay or skip the launch of 2nd generation in this country. Mean while the mirrorless systems are selling very well in the rest of the world.

The A3000 is basically a NEX-3 in a SLR's clothing, with NEX-3 pricing. I wonder if the EVF is worse than than "tunnal vision" OVF in the CN entry level DLSR bodies, Hilarious really.

I've read a couple articles on the Sony A3000 and they all seem to suggest that you'd be an idiot to buy this instead of a NEX3 or 5 and only uninformed consumers will pick this up. My question is, aside from the sensor size, how is this any different than Panasonic's G series? I don't remember these same sites saying to skip that camera in favor of a GF or GX.

For nearly the same price as a 3 or 5 you get a built in EVF and does the added bulk really matter when it's paired with those enormous E-mount lenses?

tino

Banned
Not sure it's uglier, but yes I need to keep my LBA under control as well. I don't have any of these yet, so I need to figure out an order in which to buy them. My poor wallet :'(

Ricoh GR > DA14 > DA70

Red is a Canon color (and green is Fuji). Pentax should take up color blue.

Magni

Ricoh GR > DA14 > DA70

Red is a Canon color (and green is Fuji). Pentax should take up color blue.

I wouldn't mind that actually, silver and blue. On the color note, I'm glad Pentax is offering more than just boring black for its DSLRs, reminds me of Nokia and its Lumia phones.

RuGalz

Not sure it's uglier, but yes I need to keep my LBA under control as well. I don't have any of these yet, so I need to figure out an order in which to buy them. My poor wallet :'(

I just think they look like Canon lenses with the red ring and losing the Pentax logo. Maybe that is Ricoh's plan since K-50/500's body design is like taking shapes of Canon body while maintaining Pentax layout. Silver version still looks pretty nice I guess... Maybe I'll wait for them to update FA31 and 77... I can't even imagine how much more flare resistance DA15 can get with HD coating. Time will tell...

tino

Banned
Take of the caps and show us the front of the lens.

you have some off brand Canon FD lens. You need a FD NEX adapter.

Flo_Evans

Take of the caps and show us the front of the lens.

you have some off brand Canon FD lens. You need a FD NEX adapter.

Ill take a guess with the caps on, more fun!

looks like a 35mm f3.5, 50mm f1.8, and some kind of 35-80mm variable aperture zoom.

tino

Banned
Ill take a guess with the caps on, more fun!

looks like a 35mm f3.5, 50mm f1.8, and some kind of 35-80mm variable aperture zoom.

Haha the one on the body is a 1.4 lens. It has to be a 50/1.4

The one with the Canon cap I bet its a 28/2.8 lens.

edit: the long lens is f/2.0 or faster lens, I am guessing its a 75mm or 100mm lens.

These lens are actually not too bad.

I've read a couple articles on the Sony A3000 and they all seem to suggest that you'd be an idiot to buy this instead of a NEX3 or 5 and only uninformed consumers will pick this up. My question is, aside from the sensor size, how is this any different than Panasonic's G series? I don't remember these same sites saying to skip that camera in favor of a GF or GX.

For nearly the same price as a 3 or 5 you get a built in EVF and does the added bulk really matter when it's paired with those enormous E-mount lenses?

Controls, performance, EVF/LCD resolution, build quality. Everything.

It's like a car pretending to be Ferrari but built from parts from Lada.

So yes, buy a NEX3/5 instead or a G5/6 since you mentionned it or if you really like the form factor and want a DSLR, buy an entry-level DSLR like the Nikon D3200/D3100.

Groof

Haha the one on the body is a 1.4 lens. It has to be a 50/1.4

The one with the Canon cap I bet its a 28/2.8 lens.

edit: the long lens is f/2.0 or faster lens, I am guessing its a 75mm or 100mm lens.

These lens are actually not too bad.

Here's a photo of the lenses without the caps

Does this help any?

tino

Banned
I am two out of three, pretty close to the tele lens.

You have a canon FD 50/1.4

a Canon FD 28/2.8

a off brand "Expert" 135/2.8

Groof

I am two out of three, pretty close to the tele lens.

You have a canon FD 50/1.4

a Canon FD 28/2.8

a off brand "Expert" 135/2.8
You guys are amazing. Thanks a thousand tino!!

So are these any useful for me if I were to get an FD adapter?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
CanadaGAF (specifically TorontoGAF) , whats the best place to sell/trade-in camera equipment?!

Looking to sell my D7000 + 35 1.8 + 18-200mm .. Finally going FX

CanadaGAF (specifically TorontoGAF) , whats the best place to sell/trade-in camera equipment?!

I'd check out completed listings on eBay Canada, including shipping costs, and then throw it on kijiji for that much (maybe Craigslist took off in Toronto, but it sure didn't here in the east).

tino

Banned
So the detail of the first full frame NEX lens is out. It's you guess, a Zeiss 35mm focal length pancake-ish small f/2.8 lens. Since Sony like to compete with itself so much, I predict the NEX9 body will cost the same as the RX1.

So my brother's Canon T1i has been collecting dust lately and I feel an urge to take photos. The lens that is primarily being used is a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS (with a lens hood). It makes the setup really heavy when carried over the neck so I'm looking for a shoulder strap. Any recommendations? I've only looked at the Black Rapid straps but I was wondering if there are other good alternatives. There's a camera bag that we have but it's not really portable when taking pictures.

Also, the UV lens filter was lost. I want to replace it and my brother doesn't remember which one he bought. I'm looking at Amazon and there seems to be a large variety. Suggestions?

Eventually, I want to buy a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4. I know there's the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, but we had one and it broke. Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM looks interesting to me as well since it's so slim and light. Mainly going to be taking photos of people (club campus events, family gatherings, friend hangouts) so.. still trying to figure it out.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So the detail of the first full frame NEX lens is out. It's you guess, a Zeiss 35mm focal length pancake-ish small f/2.8 lens. Since Sony like to compete with itself so much, I predict the NEX9 body will cost the same as the RX1.

Yeah, the NEX9 isn't going to be set at a reasonable price point. I see it being above the RX1 unless they plan on dropping its price. Either way, I am excite. This is something id save up for but I'm waiting to see how it handles the extreme sensor lens angle. I'd rather use petite rangefinder lenses.

(._.)

Banned
I need a good film scanner. I've sold all my digital slr stuff and now have some cash to spend on some nice things. Gonna get an 85mm and 35mm 1.4 ai-s

I'm unsure what film scanner to get though. Anybody have any recommendations?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Quick question: A friend of mine has an old Canon F1, the original model. Since the required 1.3v mercury batteries are banned, what kind of batteries would be a suitable replacement? I've seen mentions of the 625 and 675 hearing aid batteries online, but do any of you know any other alternatives?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I need a good film scanner. I've sold all my digital slr stuff and now have some cash to spend on some nice things. Gonna get an 85mm and 35mm 1.4 ai-s

I'm unsure what film scanner to get though. Anybody have any recommendations?

what kind of film? just 35mm? or Medirum format? large format?

if your doing 35mm or large format(4x5, 5x7, 8x10) I would recommend the epsons, either v700 or v750, or whatever number they up to now. I would not recommend these for medium format though, they don't seem to be able to resolve dense detail in medium format.

If you're doing medium format I would recommend a imacon, they're more expensive, but the quality is unmatched unless your doing special drum scans.

I had a imacon 343 i got used, and the scans it made I could make prints 30" by 90" on my 6x17 positives.

(._.)

Banned
what kind of film? just 35mm? or Medirum format? large format?

if your doing 35mm or large format(4x5, 5x7, 8x10) I would recommend the epsons, either v700 or v750, or whatever number they up to now. I would not recommend these for medium format though, they don't seem to be able to resolve dense detail in medium format.

If you're doing medium format I would recommend a imacon, they're more expensive, but the quality is unmatched unless your doing special drum scans.

I had a imacon 343 i got used, and the scans it made I could make prints 30" by 90" on my 6x17 positives.

Right now I'm shooting lots of black and white 35mm. I don't want to rule out medium format though since I'd like to eventually shoot that also. I've heard great things about the v700. It's around my price range also. Is there a scanner that doesn't cost much more and that handles medium format well? Do you know if flat bed quality varies much from the other types I've seen where you feed it the negative?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Right now I'm shooting lots of black and white 35mm. I don't want to rule out medium format though since I'd like to eventually shoot that also. I've heard great things about the v700. It's around my price range also. Is there a scanner that doesn't cost much more and that handles medium format well? Do you know if flat bed quality varies much from the other types I've seen where you feed it the negative?

from what i read the nikon coolscans did a pretty good job on medium format. I forget how much they were, but Nikon also discontinued them right around the time I got my Imacon.

Damaged

Anybody have their own darkroom? I have an area I think I can set one up in and there is running water.

Sadly not though I am starting to process my own black and white films. Just not got the space for an enlarger, I have looked around and you can get second hand enlargers for 35mm film pretty cheap these days as well :-(

Flo_Evans

So my brother is an evil genius and built this quad chopper this weekend!

Still testing and working out control kinks but this thing is nuts! Going to be a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom