• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

anyone watching tonight? he's going all out, not sure how i compare it to the colon (attack from within) piece, but yeah. oh, this must be old. f'me. nevermind.

Could someone please point me toward a video of Stewart's Beck bashing the other week? I missed it, unfortunately, but would really like to see it.

Schmitty

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Could someone please point me toward a video of Stewart's Beck bashing the other week? I missed it, unfortunately, but would really like to see it.
They are replaying that episode right now on East Coast

Dabanton

Does anywhere else host the video for the daily show it used to be that people outside the US could watch the short clips but even those have been stopped now.

Grrrrr

Firestorm

Honestly, I find a lot of the interviews (like the AABA) to be unbelievable until I Google the names of the people and find out that it is in fact real. We were talking about it in one of our classes today as well. Prof showed some Daily Show clips related to the topic we were covering and remarked on how amazing it is that there are actually people who think like that. I mean, if you're a Daily Show correspondent, you get answers that you couldn't have written better yourself!

snesfreak

Banned
"Who threw the egg!?"
028790eeabfa.jpg

B.K.

Samantha Bee's stomach looked a bit big tonight. Is she pregnant again or was it just that shirt she was wearing tonight?

Was that misinformation stuff about the nuclear arms treaty by Gingrich and Hannity really that blatant?

I can't believe after so many repeat offenses, some major organization hasn't put together a high-profile suit against Fox News. It's reckless, irresponsible, and sometimes libelous to spout such nonsense.

The Daily Show has the resources for the research; they just need someone that can fund the suit. We should all write to the show and encourage them to look into it.

Battersea Power Station said:
Was that misinformation stuff about the nuclear arms treaty by Gingrich and Hannity really that blatant?

I can't believe after so many repeat offenses, some major organization hasn't put together a high-profile suit against Fox News. It's reckless, irresponsible, and sometimes libelous to spout such nonsense.

The Daily Show has the resources for the research; they just need someone that can fund the suit. We should all write to the show and encourage them to look into it.

People like to hear what they want to hear.......even if they are blatant lies

Battersea Power Station said:

I'm pretty sure anything can be said on Hannity, Beck etc. because those aren't technically news shows. The actual news programs usually use careful language; "some people are saying...", ask questions instead of making statements, "Will this weaken our national defense?" or statements that can't be proven false, like predictions of the future ("The Health Care bill may cause premiums to rise by 300%").

I don't buy that they can't be held accountable. I've seen bloggers sued for slander... insignificant bloggers who are obviously posting opinions. Surely a high profile cable show must be held to higher standards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fortified_concept said:
More like the Wikileaks guy did a shitty job defending his site from Colbert who from the looks of it hadn't even seen the full video of the massacre.

...actually I thought both men made reasonable points, saw the value in each others' viewpoints and left the debate with heightened mutual understanding. I eventually remained in support of Julian Assange's position but I applaud Colbert for asking him to justify his editorializing and acknowledge that many people won't watch the whole video.

Firestorm

Been getting home from school late this week so catching up to episodes slowly. First time I think I've seen CBC footage being used :lol I don't watch tv news but CBC's website is pretty much my only traditional news source.

Hawkian said:
...actually I thought both men made reasonable points, saw the value in each others' viewpoints and left the debate with heightened mutual understanding. I eventually remained in support of Julian Assange's position but I applaud Colbert for asking him to justify his editorializing and acknowledge that many people won't watch the whole video.

Yep, felt the same way.

(And it's ironic that Colbert did the same thing he ostensibly criticized Assange for doing: showing an edited interview for regular viewing and then putting the full unedited interview on his website for those precocious enough to seek it out.)

Top Bottom