• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Firestorm

firehawk12 said:
The Courting Disaster author interview is hilarious.

I just wish I didn't live in shitty shitty Canada and could actually watch the full interview, because I don't see how he could actually pull himself out of the gutter by defending the attacks against the "Al Queada 7".

I'm sure if I called John Woo a member of the war crimes cabal he wouldn't like it much either. :lol
I'm not telling you where to find it because you said Canada is shitty.
YOU'RE SHITTY :mad:

thecomedynetwork.ca has full interviews + episodes up usually the day after and no i'm not linking it because you said canada is shitty also the link would show through the spoiler tag which would ruin it

firehawk12 said:
The Courting Disaster author interview is hilarious.

I just wish I didn't live in shitty shitty Canada and could actually watch the full interview, because I don't see how he could actually pull himself out of the gutter by defending the attacks against the "Al Queada 7".

I'm sure if I called John Woo a member of the war crimes cabal he wouldn't like it much either. :lol

You can still watch the full interview tomm/today after 12pm on comedycentral.ca

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
:lol
Did they recently add that? I remember going to the website before and they never put any of the extra stuff up there.

empty vessel said:
Ironically, John Yoo is a war criminal by any objective measure.

Don't tell Conservatives that. He's actually a war HERO who keeps America safe so that you freedom haters can tear America apart from the inside!

Firestorm

firehawk12 said:
^
Did they recently add that? I remember going to the website before and they never put any of the extra stuff up there.
They've been putting it up for the past year at least I think. I used to watch the show on the site during my lunch breaks at work.

firehawk12 said:
^

Don't tell Conservatives that. He's actually a war HERO who keeps America safe so that you freedom haters can tear America apart from the inside!

O yah dunno if it a recent thing within the last year but all you need to do is go on the website click daily show and it will show you the latest episodes for the week. Everyone who is a fan of the daily Show are buzzin about last night interview.

Deadman

Does anyone know of a place where UK viewers can see the full interviews?

Used to watch them all online before they changed it, now I only ever get to see the version more4 puts out.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Firestorm said:
They've been putting it up for the past year at least I think. I used to watch the show on the site during my lunch breaks at work.

Hey, that's what I do too!

Although I can't watch the whole episodes but only the separate segments, so I guess I lose a few minutes of every show that way.

Firestorm

For Canada: http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/th...t---marc-thiessen-interview-uncut/#clip274742

Deadman said:
Does anyone know of a place where UK viewers can see the full interviews?

Used to watch them all online before they changed it, now I only ever get to see the version more4 puts out.
I thought Canada was the only site that www.dailyshow.com blocked out? I know some other countries could access it.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Hey, that's what I do too!

Although I can't watch the whole episodes but only the separate segments, so I guess I lose a few minutes of every show that way.
Isn't it the whole thing just with bookmark links between each commercial break? Should be the entire show aside from commercials. You have to click Video Player to see it though.

Edit: Oh I think you mean the interview

master15

Just wanted to say, the program delivers day in and day out. Unlike Colbert who often has a weaker segment, very rarely does the Daily Show fall flat.

Stewart's great.

turnbuckle

Finally watched the entire interview. There is no way I could do the job Jon does. I was painfully irritated by the guest and frustrated by his ridiculous logic.

master15 said:
Just wanted to say, the program delivers day in and day out. Unlike Colbert who often has a weaker segment, very rarely does the Daily Show fall flat.

Stewart's great.

I disagree. I love both shows, but Colbert is definitely more consistent. Stewart peaks higher, but has bits that fall flat.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Firestorm said:
Isn't it the whole thing just with bookmark links between each commercial break? Should be the entire show aside from commercials. You have to click Video Player to see it though.

Edit: Oh I think you mean the interview

I just meant that I can't watch the show through the "full video" option since I'm in Europe. I have to do with watching the clips instead.

Gui_PT

turnbuckle said:
Finally watched the entire interview. There is no way I could do the job Jon does. I was painfully irritated by the guest and frustrated by his ridiculous logic.

Unfortunatly I can't watch the Daily Show on their site

Do you have another link for the interview? I would appreciate it

Personifried said:
I disagree. I love both shows, but Colbert is definitely more consistent. Stewart peaks higher, but has bits that fall flat.

Agreed.

Many nights Stewart almost seems like a warmup act while I wait for Colbert. If I could only watch one I'd easily go for Colbert.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone catch last night's TDS?

I need of a GIF of that Wyatt Cenac and Mic Foley sketch :lol.

EDIT: Aasif Mandvi as Mr. Moneybags oh god :lol.

master15

Personifried said:

Maybe it's because I find Colbert's shtick and character sort of geting tiring day in day out. I sort of like him best in small doses.

Then again consider me biased, as I could have a whole show with Jon Stewart doing his 'tough New York accent' :lol

Wow. It appears he's dedicating an entire episode to tearing Glen Beck a new one. This is (for lack of a less abused term) epic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This destroys his November 10th mockery of beck and that was fabulous. This is just insanity.

This doesn't rank as high as his annihilation of Crossfire (on CNN itself), but it may be even better than when he went after Jim Cramer.

Okay I hate you eastern time zoners getting TDS and TCR earlier than I do. I'm on Mountain and have to wait till midnight.

ETA: Okay just saw it. AWESOME piece. Just 2 things of note though.

1. White sneakers with a black suit? Really Jon?

2. Some noticeable editing with the chalkboards and the pics.

Pimpwerx

It really only works for people who've watched Beck's show. I get it, because I've seen enough clips of Beck to know his mannerisms, but I'm not sure that many TDS viewers actually watch much of Beck.

Beck was unwatchable on MSNBC (or was it CNN?) before he went to Fox and let his freak flag fly. I thought he was a poor man's, rambling Rush Limbaugh. Rush does this stuff better, and is more entertaining. All IMO. PEACE.

Rorschach

I thought he did it better last time, but this was pretty funny. His impression has a little Heath Ledger Joker in it.:lol

Pimpwerx said:
It really only works for people who've watched Beck's show. I get it, because I've seen enough clips of Beck to know his mannerisms, but I'm not sure that many TDS viewers actually watch much of Beck.

Beck was unwatchable on MSNBC (or was it CNN?) before he went to Fox and let his freak flag fly. I thought he was a poor man's, rambling Rush Limbaugh. Rush does this stuff better, and is more entertaining. All IMO. PEACE.
If they watch TDS or Colbert, they know Beck. And he laced the bit with Beck clips anyway.

Henchmen21 said:
2. Some noticeable editing with the chalkboards and the pics.
I think some of the pictures were falling off the board. The chalkboard swung up and hit him on the shoulder and there was a long, awkward pause with laughter. It was shown during the credits.

Fantastic segment.

Dougald

I watch the Daily show fairly often here in the UK, and last nights (Thursday for you guys?) Glenn Beck parody was the funniest half hour of TV I've seen in a **long** time!

JCX

The Beck parody he did late last year was better because it got essentially the same point across, but funnier and shorter. This episode just seemed very self-indulgent.

Ventrue

JCX said:
The Beck parody he did late last year was better because it got essentially the same point across, but funnier and shorter. This episode just seemed very self-indulgent.
He's doing a bit he's good at. It's comedy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Firestorm said:
They're on break this week?! Right after the health care bill got passed? Damn. Horrible timing :(
As Stewart always points out upon returning from a break, they always miss something big. It's inevitable.

Top Bottom