• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

pxleyes

Banned
DataStream said:
I actually kind of feel bad for him. The economy is tanking and he just wants to sell some copies of his conspiracy rag.
I only feel sorry for him in the context some publisher actually allowed that pile to hit the presses.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
he's SUBVERTING THE CONSTITUTION!!1111

(even though the 2nd congress passed mandates forcing people to buy munitions and sailors to buy health insurance. Apparently many of the individuals who participated in the drafting of the four state documents of the US are tyrants )

Pimpwerx

WTF? Olivia Munn is on The Daily Show? She isn't normally funny at all. This segment is funny though. :lol

Also, Wyatt's become one of the best parts of the show for me now. His early segments were bad, but he's really gotten good lately. PEACE.

Jinaar

Holy shit I just lost it laughing so hard when I heard the "Elevator Story" during the interview with Johan Hill.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Pimpwerx said:
WTF? Olivia Munn is on The Daily Show? She isn't normally funny at all. This segment is funny though. :lol

Also, Wyatt's become one of the best parts of the show for me now. His early segments were bad, but he's really gotten good lately. PEACE.
It was alright, but Olivia Munn didn't contribute to the stuff that worked. She's cute but annoying as fuck.

Was the Olivia Munn thing a joke or is she actually joining the staff?

Also: What happened to that other guy? The fat sweaty guy? I remember Jon announcing him joining the crew, he appeared twice (I remember one piece being on guns) and then he vanished.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Also: What happened to that other guy? The fat sweaty guy? I remember Jon announcing him joining the crew, he appeared twice (I remember one piece being on guns) and then he vanished.
They do tryouts, which is what she's doing. It seems pointless though, since she's got a sitcom in the fall.

Firestorm

firehawk12 said:
Olivia Munn arguing against Aasif's "Asianness" was funny in that awkward way.
it was hilarious to me because i go through the same thing with my friends all the time :lol

"something something Asian"
"Hey man I'm Asian too"
"Sort of"

Dan said:
They do tryouts, which is what she's doing. It seems pointless though, since she's got a sitcom in the fall.

Well yeah, but given how few new shows make it to a season two that might not be an issue.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

She is a regular member now. There was an interview on EW.com about it.

NomarTyme

PhoncipleBone said:
Samantha Bee? She is awesome.

Munn will bring in other viewers, but I feel she will be lame and annoying. Her schmacting in that one skit was awful.
No, Samantha is not geeky at all! :lol I'm talking about the young white one, that wore Wonder Woman outfit onces.

NomarTyme

PhoncipleBone said:
She was awesome in Flight of the Conchords

Also loved her eating the mayonaise straight from the jar that one Daily Show. Quite funny.
Yeah! too bad I don't see her in the the show anymore,so I guess she is gone.

I kinda miss Kristen Schall too. She only seems to show up when women's issues are at stake, I guess.

I, too, had sex with Nikky Haley.
I wish.

But seriously, that dude? Anyone actually believe that?

Also, the Chinese segment was hilarious.

Firestorm

Monday's show was amazing. The Chinese segment in particular. Just a question, but do any American schools offer Mandarin? I know in my high school (grades 8 - 12) we had Mandarin as an option from grade 9 onwards. French was mandatory in 8th grade and then we could choose from French, Spanish, Mandarin, or no language. But a second language at the grade 11 level was required to enter straight into university so most people did it until then. Mostly French and Mandarin with some people opting for Spanish. Other schools had classes like Japanese and German as well but I guess there wasn't enough interest or qualified teachers in ours.

Pimpwerx

Colbert had Oren on last night and went soft on the questioning. I am disappoint. :( He should have held that shmuck's feet to the flames. He called everyone on the boat a terrorist. Colbert should have challenged him on that and many other questions. I assume this is why Oren hasn't gone on TDS yet, because Jon would probably skewer him. PEACE.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I made the wonderful discovery that Comedy Cetnral HD in Denver airs everything at a reasonable time. As opposed to the SD broadcast which airs new Daily Show episodes at 12:00 MST (2:AM EST).

Really hope he gets off his Fox News and Glenn Beck fixation. Yeah they're fun to make fun of but get off it already, there's so much other stuff to go after that won't make your show the "Fox News Rebuttal Show"

I just want to see what they make of the whole Rolling Stone fiasco and that CBS persons' attack of the article.

On another note, I have noticed OMG Rite has been banned for awhile, but now see Pimpwerx as well. What happened to them both?

explodet

DrForester said:
Really hope he gets off his Fox News and Glenn Beck fixation. Yeah they're fun to make fun of but get off it already, there's so much other stuff to go after that won't make your show the "Fox News Rebuttal Show"
Stewart even mentioned this, that they've been working on another book and it's just *so damn easy* to turn on Fox and Friends and mock whatever they say because it just writes itself, most of the times they can get laughs just by replaying a clip and having Jon looking bewildered at the end of it. :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
explodet said:
Stewart even mentioned this, that they've been working on another book and it's just *so damn easy* to turn on Fox and Friends and mock whatever they say because it just writes itself, most of the times they can get laughs just by replaying a clip and having Jon looking bewildered at the end of it. :D

That's pretty sad that the writers are just taking the lazy route. Well, at least I can watch Futurama and new South Park episodes on time.

Firestorm

PhoncipleBone said:
I just want to see what they make of the whole Rolling Stone fiasco and that CBS persons' attack of the article.

On another note, I have noticed OMG Rite has been banned for awhile, but now see Pimpwerx as well. What happened to them both?
omg rite seems to have been permabanned for a comment he made in a Call of Duty thread. No idea on pimpwerx.

Milabrega

Slamming the Knicks during that interview was great. Fuck that Olivia Munn plug, continues to make the show worse even when she isn't on.

this is my favourite clip from this year I think. brian kilmeade and the robot
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-24-2010/endless-bummers

skip to 3mins

robots don't think etc :lol :lol :lol

robotsdontthink.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big Baybee said:
Jon Stewart just murdered Fox News.

That's all he does these days. WIsh he'd make fun of the news again, instead of Fox News' reporting of it.

Mosques thing was pretty funny. NASA bit was stupid because NASA shouldn't be doing that and the Regan comparison was totally off.

DrForester said:
That's all he does these days.

Mosques thing was pretty funny. NASA bit was stupid because NASA shouldn't be doing that and the Regan comparison was totally off.

...doing what? actively attempting to better foreign relations?

Top Bottom