• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

DrForester said:
That's all he does these days. WIsh he'd make fun of the news again, instead of Fox News' reporting of it.

Fox News is so beyond absurd that it's just low hanging fruit at this point. They basically do his job for him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
blame space said:
...doing what? actively attempting to better foreign relations?

I don't think reaching out to work with and better relations with Russia, who were our enemies, but also our equals as far as space travel go is in any way comparable to using our space agency to reach out to people with no notable space program at all. I'm not a big fan of almost anything Obama has done with NASA but that's something for another thread.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Equus Bellator Apex said:
It was such a surreal moment seeing Jon Stewart plug Munn's book.
Does she have incriminating photos of the staff or something? None of this makes any sense!

Milabrega

Fox News rolled out Lou Dobbs to talk about the Arizona Law :lol

Nooo The Daily Show rolled out Munn for Arizona, worse than Fox bringing out Dobbs.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
She's not doing too bad, but she doesn't seem as good at improvising as most correspondents. Nothing she's said has seemed like it wasn't pre-scripted. It feels kind of like she has a set of pre-made jokes that she's just looking for an opening for, while the other correspondents seem to make up more on the spot.

She's definitely getting better on each show, though. I'm willing to admit that as an anti-fan.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe I need more context, but Jon Stewart looked like a religion apologist after that interview with that woman. There's faith in science, but the difference is that scientists are more likely to accept that their theories are wrong in the face of insurmountable evidence.

I mean, he's ready to attack Republicans and Conservatives without any hesitation but the moment someone spouts off metaphysical mumbo jumbo about how science can be wrong, he caves and becomes almost starstruck. It was just really disappointing.

She's getting better, but...

I dunno. She looks like a real reporter, though, so I think it's easier to fool the prospective targets. I do wonder what the hell she's got on The Daily Show's agents, though. I don't remember the other new correspondents getting so many gigs and plugs so fast.

Colbert/Carrell was AWESOME

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
wow, people freaking out about Olivia that much still...

good for, doing something thats not too "hey im a hot chick". And she's doing it pretty well so far.

and lol Arizona, lol

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DrForester said:
I don't think reaching out to work with and better relations with Russia, who were our enemies, but also our equals as far as space travel go is in any way comparable to using our space agency to reach out to people with no notable space program at all. I'm not a big fan of almost anything Obama has done with NASA but that's something for another thread.

it already was.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400382&nojs=1

Scarecrow

I saw that Colbert mentioned they are having an upcoming 2 week break. How many blank weeks have they done in the past few months? It feels like they do one week of shows, then two weeks off, then another two weeks of shows, then another week off, etc.

Enosh

Cyan said:
Some feminists online have been attacking the Daily Show for being sexist or whatever. Maybe they felt the need to bring in another woman reporter quickly.
yes, but now they are sexist beacose the hired reporter in question is hot

B.K.

Looks like Colbert and Stewart are off again this week. That wouldn't be so unusual, but Comedy Central apparently isn't rerunning old episodes at all this week.

Milabrega

Are they finished for the summer, or are they gonna come back for two weeks and then break again during Congress' break like they usually do?

B.K.

DrForester said:
IT"S EVIL STEWART!

It's funny how much he's aged in just 12 years since he was in The Faculty. He was in an episode of NewsRadio in 1997 and he looks 30 years younger in it than he does now.

Fusebox

Banned
B.K. said:
Looks like Colbert and Stewart are off again this week. That wouldn't be so unusual, but Comedy Central apparently isn't rerunning old episodes at all this week.

Weird, we still got our usual two weeks of repeats in Australia.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
lunarworks said:
WTF @ Beard.

Did he explain it last night? I missed last night.

He's evil Stewart, like Spock.

292px-Spock_%28mirror%29.jpg

Taichu

Jon Stewart is to beards as Roland Martin is to ascots... It must go!!
He can keep Wendy Williams though.

Socreges

Banned
Colbert's interview with Kevin Kline was awesome. You could tell they have similar training and played really well off each other. I didn't catch the entire thing, though, so the beginning might have sucked. But the majority of it was cool to watch.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Great week so far. Glad to see him making fun of the news again, and not the reporting of the news.

Edit: Anyone else pause their DVR to read the back of Kerry's boat before they realized John was going to read it? :lol

OMG

This guy thinks that Hitler and his inner circle were gay, and he used gay soldiers because they were more savage:lol

And the Nazis met in a gay bar

:lol I have tears in my eyes, man. I've been hoping Jon or Stephen would bring up Basil Marceaux, and I got my wish. When he lost it over the Freedman's Bureau, I couldn't breathe.

B.K.

Lionel Mandrake said:
:lol I have tears in my eyes, man. I've been hoping Jon or Stephen would bring up Basil Marceaux, and I got my wish.

I never heard of that guy before. I'm going to try to go vote tomorrow. I may vote for him just for a laugh. I believe the democrat that's running is uncontested and Bill Haslam pretty much has the Republican nomination locked up.

firehawk12 said:
Maybe I need more context, but Jon Stewart looked like a religion apologist after that interview with that woman. There's faith in science, but the difference is that scientists are more likely to accept that their theories are wrong in the face of insurmountable evidence.

I mean, he's ready to attack Republicans and Conservatives without any hesitation but the moment someone spouts off metaphysical mumbo jumbo about how science can be wrong, he caves and becomes almost starstruck. It was just really disappointing.
Yeah well . . . he can alienate GOPers because that's less than half the country and largely covers old people who are not his target audience.

But some 90% of people are religious in some way, so that is a much touchier subject.

If slam religion hard, you end up with a pretty small niche audience like Bill Hicks & Bill Maher.

Top Bottom